Start by marking “Home At Last Chance (Last Chance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Home At Last Chance (Last Chance, #2)

Home At Last Chance (Last Chance #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  42 reviews
"Last Chance captures the essence of Southern charm and quirkiness. I'm totally captivated!" --- Sherryl Woods, New York Times bestselling author

Dear Reader,

You won't believe what's happened. My son Tulane has come back home! You remember Tulane? He'd set out to find fame and fortune in the big, wide world outside of Last Chance, and I'm mighty proud. But that's not the ha
Published September 1st 2011 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Home At Last Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home At Last Chance

Susan
This was a fun book with some quirky characters. Tulane is a rookie NASCAR driver who is having some problems keeping out of trouble. It doesn't help that his main sponsor is a diaper company, his car is pink with a bunny logo, and the team is stuck wearing pink too. He also has to judge diaper changing contests during his public appearances. This causes some frayed tempers and now he has a representative from the company making sure he's behaving himself. Sarah has always been a back office res ...more
Marleen
This 2nd book in the Last Chance Series is cute enough, (and yeah, a bit silly), and I must say I wasn't entirely convinced by the characterization of the female lead, Sarah Murray. She was a little too undefined, wishy-washy – one day she has brilliant ideas about marketing, about Last Chance’s abandoned golf course “Golfing for God”, about embracing the child in all of us, and then the next day, she acts like a total naive moron.
Sarah Murray’s working as a liaison for a big corporation called
Carol
Another charming, funny, romantic book in the Last Chance series. Many of the same quirkly characters of course return in the second book, and the Cut & Curl is still the center for gossip, but the circumstances and plot are completely different. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Vanessa Booke
I loved Home at Last Chance, I found this story quirky and sweet. Although the beginning didn't immediately draw me in, it was definitely worth reading on. I loved the idea of a big city girl and a southern boy. I couldn’t help but like Tulane immediately. He's always trying to maintain his tough guy appearance but deep down inside he's a big, soft, caring man. At times it was frustrating because you just wanted him to give in to his feelings for Sarah but, that would be too easy. ;) I enjoyed S ...more
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Don't you just love the blurbs for this series!! They are so cute and inviting, I think it's one of the first things to catch my attention when looking into this series by Hope Ramsay.

I will be honest and say I didn't love Home at Last Chance as much as the first book. The storyline was still cute, and I enjoyed watching Tulane and Sarah fall for each other, but there were some things that were left unfinished for me, which they could be a running storyline, but I guess I was looking for a bit
Christine
Rebellious stock car racer Tulane Rhodes missed a mandatory personal appearance and now his sponsor has sent prim, proper Sarah Murray from New York to South Carolina to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Usually part of the “back office” research team, Sarah seems to be out of her league when it comes to public relations and the world of marketing. She starts out by fainting in the Southern heat, but luckily Tulane’s mother Ruby is there to come to Sarah’s rescue and Sarah soon seems to be up t ...more
Honeypie
//ebook

This is Tulane’s story. He’s the ‘real’ bad boy in Last Chance town. He’s kind of a successful NASCAR driver, but gets into trouble often. Hence, one of his company’s sponsors, “punishes” him through the promotion of diapers. The marketing PR tasked to handle Tulane’s events is Sarah, who is [also!] the real good girl. She’s a preacher’s daughter, and has all the upbringings of helping the needy, etc. But she’s tired of being the ‘good girl’, and with the company of a ‘bad boy’,
JenniferJ
In One Word--Fantastic

I gobbled this book up in just one or two sittings! It was so totally Southern and I just LOVED it! The characters were so easy to relate to and fall in love with as much as the Southern locations; not to mention I am only about 45 minutes away from one of the places mentioned, Florence, South Carolina!

Tulane-(I love that name) just kept me in tears laughing at him and his teasing nature to Sarah who was handling public relations for his stock car team all the while driving
Darcy
This was another sweet book. I loved that Tulane had to deal with being a manly man, in a manly sport of stock car driving with his car being pink and the logo of a bunny rabbit. When he first heard about it you can just imagine his response, I am sure it was filled with 4 letter words. I did think he coped with it in a fairly good way. You know he had to complain, what man wouldn't. Although his form of bucking it did get tiring, his immature personality got annoying very fast.

Sarah did a good
Jessica
I've always been into sport romances, but I've never tried out a race car driver one before. Boy have I been missing out! This book was such a cute read and I absolutely loved Tulane. He was so irresistible with his good looks and talent on the race track. Not to mention what a sweet person he ended up being under his bad boy exterior. Sarah was the perfect good girl to break down Tulane's defenses and bring out the good, sweet nature in him. Every single person in Last Chance was so cute and ca ...more
Kristi
Ruby Rhodes and all the ladies who hang around the Cut 'n' Curl are a riot when they get going. Being older they absolutely think they know what's best for the younger adults in town. Even funnier is that they rarely agree on just what "best" is.

And is there anything better than a good girl finally breaking out of her mold and going rogue. Not here it isn't. We love our heroines feisty and ready to take on the world. Go Sarah!

Tulane is about to be run over by the steamroller that Sarah is striv
Darkand
Another sweet offering from Last Chance, South Carolina. I love the play on the Rhodes name with Stone, Clay, Tulane, & Rocky. (I was wondering when a "Dusty" would show up but maybe that was just foreshadowing from the first book.) This 2nd book is about Tulane (stock car racer & all around good ole bad boy)and his "advance person" Sarah. (I think of her as his handler although she is described as his nursemaid.) I enjoyed seeing Sarah taking her baby steps away from her "Puritan voice" ...more
Chanpreet
For some reason, I never knew this book was the second in the series about Last Chance, South Carolina by Hope Ramsay. I'm glad that I found out before picking up the latest book in the series. The religious overtones are toned down quite a bit compared to the previous book, and I liked it a lot more because of it. I was also more interested in Sarah and Tulane as compared to Clayton and Jane.
Maybe because Tulane was a stock-car driver and Sarah reminded me a little of myself.

But this story ha
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This second novel of the series revolving around the town of Last Chance, SC, and the Rhodes family was a delight to read.

The book opens with the NASCAR driver son, Tulane Rhodes, dealing with his new sponsor. Having to wear baby pink, deal with bunnies, and officiate at baby changing races, he is about to explode. It is a good thing that research department, innocent Sarah is assigned as a liaison for him.

Meanwhile, something has to be done to repair the 'Golf for God' mini-golf business run by
Krystal

This was a really sweet novel. The author continues to deliver terrific books made to be read at the beach or during a long car ride. Tulane and Sarah are the main characters, they fit each other perfectly as a couple. Tulane is smart, caring, and kind and Sarah is much the same. They are both likable characters and easy to enjoy.

I don't want to say too much about the plot lest I risk giving away too much, but I can tell you that the plot held my attention throughout the book. The events were f
Angie
all the books in this series have the same story line. 2 people fall for another when they're not supposed to. I have read almost all and I cannot put the book down! it sucks you in!
Deb Shambrook
Loved it. It was a fast read.
Merceda
Elaine
It took me a little while to get into this book but once I did I kept picking it up to read. I think I was just preoccupied with other things. I really did like the book. I read the first one in the series, 'Welcome to Last Chance' and really liked that one too. I have the 3rd one 'Last Chance Beauty Queen' waiting to be read and see that there will be 'A Last Chance Christmas' coming out in October. Can't wait for that one!
P.e.
This is the second book in the series. A very good story about the son who drives stock cars, and has some other issues. Not everyone likes the choices he has made and he has to go back and change same things. Also people see him differently than he sees himself and that adds to his problem. This book still has the same characters from the other books and the same small town.
Donna
Hope Ramsey sent me a free copy of her Last Chance Christmas. I am so glad she did as I have fallen in love with the town and all the characters that live there. I want to play golf at Golfing for God, I want to go to Dot's Spot and get a drink and of course I want Ruby at the Cut & Curl to give me a makeover. I highly recommend this book.
Laurie Kellogg
This book was wonderful! Tulane is a great hero. I'm hoping Ms. Ramsay will write more books involving the Ferguson Racing group. Maybe even Jim Ferguson himself. I believe Ms. Ramsay has the talent to do for NASCAR romances what Susan Elizabeth Phillips did for football in her Chicago Bears stories.
Lizz
Didn't like this one as much as the first installment. Didn't seem quite as warm and funny.
Jenn Cunha
Loved it! I'm going to dock it 1/4 star because I wanted a little more resolution with the whole Steve/Deidre thing. I wanted an explanation and I wanted Deidre to understand what happened. But Lord Almighty, Tulane is sexy...

Just started Rocky's book and I cannot wait to finally get to Stone's story!
Gail
The second book in The Last Chance series. I really am enjoying getting to know the people of Last Chance. It sounds like a quaint little town with some amazing people. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Crystal
It has been years since reading the first of this series but I remember liking it. This sequel has been sitting around forever and I'm glad I finally read it. I enjoyed it more than the first!
Susan
The Second Book in the Last Chance series features the youngest brother Tulane. I enjoyed his love story combines with the continued sage of the Rhodes family. Sweet and charming, good easy read.
The Romantic Scientist
Cute story--I liked it much better than the first book. My full review is here: http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com/...
BJ
Great followup to the first book in this series. This is the story of Tulane, the race-car driver brother in the Rhodes family. Enjoyed it.
This whole family just tickles me. I love Ruby and the way she controls her family with hardly any effort! Another great book!
  • Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4)
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Cricket Creek, #2)
  • Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor, #2.5, Deep in the Heart of Texas #2.5, Last Chance #2.5)
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • With This Kiss (Emerald Lake #2)
  • The Way Back Home
  • All I Want is You
  • Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
  • Stick Shift
Hope Ramsay was born in New York and grew up on the North Shore of Long Island, but every summer Momma would pack her off under the care of Aunt Annie to go visiting with relatives in the midlands of South Carolina. Her extended family includes its share of colorful aunts and uncles, as well as cousins by the dozens, who provide the fodder for the characters you’ll find in Last Chance, South Carol ...more
More about Hope Ramsay...

Last Chance (8 books)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1)
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
  • Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4)
  • Last Chance Book Club (Last Chance, #5)
  • Last Chance Knit & Stitch (Last Chance, #6)
  • Inn at Last Chance (Last Chance, #7)
  • Last Chance Family (Last Chance, #8)
Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1) Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4) Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3) Last Chance Book Club (Last Chance, #5) Inn at Last Chance (Last Chance, #7)