Start by marking “Tears of the Sea” as Want to Read:
Tears of the Sea
Read Book

Tears of the Sea (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Official Description: David fears the ocean as much as he is drawn to it…and he feels much the same way about his best friend, Liam. But they belong to other people and nothing more can ever be between them – he’s accepted that. So David doesn’t understand why suddenly Liam is acting so strange, talking about the sea, a love and a past David knows never happened and nonsen ...more
Published July 16th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Tears of the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tears of the Sea

**** 4 moonlight-on-the-sea stars ****

"What are you?"
"The same as you. I swear it."

This was such a cool and awesome story! And beautiful and touching! I loved it!

And it had one of my favorite pictures as a prompt too:

It is so beautiful! And the way the author spun the tale from this picture was fantastic! It makes me look at the picture in a whole new light!

The ropes around him began to gently h
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two anthology. Story #15***

I liked this story a hell of a lot!

The mystery of what David/Dylan and Liam/Llyr are kept me guessing for a long while.

The writing made me hear the ocean and feel the breeze on my face.

Liam and David are married to twins but Liam tries to convince David that the life they are leading is a false one. An interesting tale but I found Liam's method of prompting David's memory to be a little lacking in inspiration. I couldn't really get into this story. The photo that inspired this story was amazing, however.

Don't Read in the Closet is a collection of short stories published for free for members of the M/M Romance Group. The best part of this series of shorts is that they were base
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I liked this story. Overall it was interesting and I liked how we slowly got informed what was going on, but at the same time some of the MC’s thoughts were too long and it made some parts kind of drag.

By the end most of my questions were answered except a few and one huge one, what was this world? Did everyone do magic? Or everyone just knows about it? I think I would have liked a little more world development. Also I have no idea what the bad guys were, like why did they want these two guys s
The picture that was used as the prompt for this story has always been a favorite picture of mine so it was a real thrill to have a story to go with it.
I have always been fascinated by the beauty of Shibari and it fit so well here and carried with it a much deeper meaning than just the intricacy of the design formed by the ropes. I felt the bindings held and comforted Dylan much like the ocean and especially his pelt once had..

There was so much detail in the descriptive writing, it read like p
Wendy Ann
I would have totally guessed vampire, so I was completely pleasantly surprised. I've never read a shapeshifter story of this kind before - yay, first time! There was a lot of imagination involved in coming up with this story and I loved all those twists and turns. Very original - a fantastic piece:) Thank you so much!!!

I love Selkie stories and would never have predicted this one from the OP photo! I enjoyed how David/Dylan and Liam/Liyr trusted one another throughout the story despite fear, confusion and forced loss of memory. A magical story Marguerite, thanks for writing it!
I really didn't like that one. The story was confusing and partly too slow. I was skipping parts. I didn't like the writing style either. I was constantly thinking: 'can't he just tell him what is going on?'
Lila Hunter
3.5 out of 5

A different type of shifter story. Really nice.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
An excellent short story about two selkies who had been captured in their humnan form and forced to stay that way until one manages to remember who they are. Llyr aids Dylan to remember just in time to evade recapture by the twin men who had supposedly been their husbands, but in reality had robbed their memories and held them captive.

This is a very detailed story considering the length. One would think it was many more pages for the wealth of detailed contained here. Highly recommend.
Kendra T
This short story seemed very disjointed to me. Not sure if it was some of the editing errors or just the story in general but it felt off. I get that the story only took place over a short amount of time and that time was of the essence but it felt very rushed and convenient. I did like Liam's obvious love for David, however, and did believe his vulnerability and desperation.
This was so interesting I wish it was longer because there seems to be so much more to explore - their previous life together, their previous life with their (soon to be ex) husbands, their escape could be lengthened and some more on the revenge too!

Definitely want to see what else this author can do!
Much different from what I normally read. There were a couple of things that I would have liked to have seen explained but with the length I can understand why more was not added.

Overall, a nice story.

I'm not a huge fan of Selkie stories but have to say that the premise in this one had me enthralled. There was a constant buildup to the HEA that kept me cheering them on.
I thought this was a beautifully written story, and I loved the paranormal aspect of it (I don't want to say too much and give the story away).
I don't like bondage but this one kind of made sense in a way. The writing was good and the premise was great.
I'm so glad everything worked out in th end. I was getting worried but alls well that ends together :)
I really liked the plot of the story, but not so much the way it was told.
3.5 stars. Enjoyed the concept of the story. Very intriguing.
Jul 24, 2011 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: free, mm
Beautiful men, moonlight and magic! Perfect combination.
Zach Sweets
Fantastic story! Thank you :D
3 to 3.25 stars
MiMi Rae
MiMi Rae marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Nana marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Innocence to the Max (Iunctiō Cōpula, #0.5)
  • Appearing Knightly
  • Pyrogasm
  • Cupid's Beau
  • Hidden Needs (Secrets of the Sanctuary, #1)
  • Surf's Up
  • Sucker-Punch
  • Moon Over Montana
  • If One Dream Should Fall and Break
  • The Boy Next Door
Marguerite has been accused of being eccentric and a shade neurotic, both of which she freely admits to, but her muse has OCD tendencies, so who can blame her? Her husband and son do an excellent job keeping her toeing the line, though. Together with her co-author Fae Sutherland, Marguerite has found a shared passion for beautiful men with smart mouths.

When she's not working hard on writing new m
More about Marguerite Labbe...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix