I Moved Your Cheese

I Moved Your Cheese

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The problem with most self-help titles is that they expect you to do all the work. Not this self-help book. This book is for people who want to take no steps at all. This is the humorous self-help book for people lying on the sofa.
Published June 1st 2010 by New Holland Australia(AU) (first published December 1st 2002)

Sheel Mehta
Jun 10, 2008 Sheel Mehta rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lazy bums
Recommended to Sheel by: neha athale (friend, another lazy bum)
i just love this book!! it is hilarious!! n anyone who says it did not help them is just being idiotic!! it helped me a lot, ( hm.m.m.. atleast i think it did ) (hmm..m. anyone who reads it and doesnot talk in brackets for a long time after that i lying about having read the book!) very well written is truly a book for ppl on the couch!

I AM LAZY, I AM IDLE, I AM DOWNRIGHT INERT, AND I DONT GIVE A DAMN!!!
Mohamad Eldehemy
رغم أني ممن يكتبون حول تطوير الذات ، و هذا الكتاب يسخر من هؤلاء و من مريديهم إلا أن أفكاره رائعة جدااااا لتطوير الذات ... خمس نجوم :)
انصح بقراءته و يوجد منه نسخة عربية
Clodagh
This is one of the funniest books I've read in along time, it is the lazy mans answer to self help books...
"Self help books are damaging to the self esteem. They promise to help you, but really they mock you. They build up your expectations, and then they leave you feeling low and craven and flinching at loud noises and sudden movements"

The mantra of the book is simple, "anything can be faked" So you're not mysterious, charming, intelligent or goodlooking, you can still bluff it. Darrel writes a...more
Soulless Curry
The first thing that I did after finishing this book(which incidentally took a lot of effort)- was to google Darrel Bovey. For someone who claimed to be like "us", he's quite a handsome man and facing flak for plagiarism. Now, about the book. The book is silly, writing style is rather juvenile, is full of references from other self help books- including, you guessed it - the title. But it drives home a point - in being an anti self help book - where it says, it's okay to suck. Which I totally ag...more
Ahmed Hossam
The book is cool, it discuss major problems with the concept of who moved my cheese, indeed it's not against it but it's an upgraded version, the books reminds you that you could be in someone else's maze looping in a maze that shouldn't exist from the beggining

I really recommend it
Mai Caulfield
Este libro ha logrado amargarme el día.
Es una supuesta sátira de los manuales de autoayuda, a la que yo personalmente no le encuentro la gracia. Muchas de las bromas resultan bastante estúpidas.
Basicamente todo lo que dice es que da igual como uno sea, que a la gente le gustará lo que se imagine de ti, así que finge lo suficiente para parecer interesante y deja que los de tu alrededor hagan el resto. Habla de las personas como seres vacíos, y te invita a no tener ninguna profundidad.
Una hora no...more
Richard
One of the funniest books I have ever read. Highly recommended to me and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have saliva on their pages from bursting out in laughter every so often.

My advice: maybe use a clear plastic sheet while reading because my copy is rather grossly soaked.
Elmie
Funniest book ever! Had me in stitches. I can see how others might not agree, but this sarcastic humour is hilarious and he even manages to slip in a few fundamental life lessons and I kept thinking: " oh, I have to remember that one!" Great quotes. Great, lighthearted read.
Narita
Probably i picked a wrong book..!!
But ya, i definitely adore the author for this audacious attempt at demeaning the self help books and their authors.. many may think like him, but few dare to express... kudos for his boldness, but sorry, the book didn't help me in any way...
Mya
Tried to be funny. Ended up just being silly. Glad it was as short as it is.
Phil
The book's point/message is OK...but obvious (to me). If you read some reviews that summarize the point of the book, reading the book may not do much more for you. Since I couldn't award 1.5 stars, I rounded up.
AraBD
Debido a que no me atraen los libros de autoayuda y me gusta la ironía, este libro me hizo pasar ratos agradables, sin embargo, no deja de ser autoayuda. Me quedo con algunas cosas que me parecieron interesantes.
Je Dayana
I love the 'wisdom' very much.

"I was expecting the worst, but now that the worst has not arrived,
I am disappointed. I am the architect of my own dismay."
Arnold
a must read for all those who love to hate the sanctimonious self-aggrandizing self-help booksssssssss.
Kia
definitely food for thoughts. short stories that enough to make you think and reflect on ownself for hours
Ahmad
very interesting,the only book that I can say It don't lie,maybe It's rubbish but it's true!!!
Haneen Alshujairy
Every man should learn from this book.. hilarious! Best self-help book out there
Loveleen
Amazingly funny!!! i m too lazy to comment further :)
Adel Amidi
bisiyar besiyar mozakhraf va bi saro tah !!
B Anu
Deepak malhotra rocks.. really good.
Georgia
I have yet to finish it.
Alana
Waste of time
Sumeet
Humour. Word.
Nicole Chacon
Nicole Chacon marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
The Naked Bachelor: Your Essential Survival Guide to Modern Living But I Digress--: A Selection of His Best Columns SuperZero