Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Reaping (Big Finish Audio Drama, #86)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Reaping (Big Finish Audio Drama, #86)

Doctor Who: The Reaping (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #86)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  6 reviews
NOT A BOOK. NOT AN AUDIOBOOK. This is a full-cast audio play produced by Big Finish Productions.

On the morning of 9 May 1984, Peri woke up. She was expecting to spend the day relaxing in Lanzarote and, that evening, leave her mother and stepfather to go travelling with some guys she'd only just met.

But things don't always go as expected ­ as her friends and family discover...more
Audio Play
Published September 1st 2006 by Big Finish Productions Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Nicholas Whyte
I found the script and plot of The Reaping almost offensively bad. It is saved by the cast, particularly Nicola Bryant, who is given some of the worst material of her Who career to work with (and that's saying something) and mostly pulls it off. The story is that Peri discovers that her best friend's father (who is mysteriously only 40) was murdered a few months after she started travelling with the Doctor. They return to Baltimore to investigate, but it is all an absurdly complex plot by the dy...more
Scott Haworth
Oh dear. This started off so well. I was going to give this four stars after listening to the first episode. Then I listened to the second one. I'm afraid it didn't live up to its potential.

I'm betting some of the plot threads left hanging in this audio will be resolved in the next one, but I wish someone had warned me about that before I bought this. Far too much is unresolved here for me to be comfortable with how this ends. And what does end doesn't end well.
Mel
Another Peri story I liked! I thought this was really good, it had family drama and almost incidently cybermen. Claudia Christian was lovely as Peri's mom. It was great to watch how much their relationship developed just over the space of the audio. I also liked the way Mondas was used at the end.
Maria
I actually quite enjoyed this, the entire Cybermen plot seemed kind of convoluted but listening to this is not a bad way to pass the time at all. I am a huge fan of Six and Peri, so that might influence my enjoyment, but overall I was happy with it.
Steven
Peri and the Sixth Doctor travel to Baltimore, 1984, four months after Peri left her stepfather and mother in Lanzarote. As she tries to explain to her mother where she has been, the Doctor discovers an old enemy has laid a trap for him…
ani
Funny, touching, varied and gripping - really enjoyed it.
Erichyde
Erichyde marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Shelby Smith
Shelby Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Tatiana
Tatiana marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Debra Cook
Debra Cook marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Matthew George
Matthew George marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Joseph Lidster is an English television writer best known for his work on the Doctor Who spin-off series Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

His debut work was the audio play The Rapture for Big Finish Productions in 2002. Numerous further audio plays and prose short stories followed for Big Finish, for their Doctor Who line, spin-offs and other series (Sapphire & Steel and The Tomorrow Pe...more
More about Joseph Lidster...
Lost Souls (Torchwood Audio Drama, #1) Torchwood: In the Shadows Doctor Who: Master (Big Finish Audio Drama, #49) Doctor Who: Terror Firma (Big Finish Audio Drama, #72) Doctor Who: The Rapture (Big Finish Audio Drama, #36)