Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Reaping (Big Finish Audio Drama, #86)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Reaping (Big Finish Audio Drama, #86)

Doctor Who: The Reaping (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #86)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
NOT A BOOK. NOT AN AUDIOBOOK. This is a full-cast audio play produced by Big Finish Productions.

On the morning of 9 May 1984, Peri woke up. She was expecting to spend the day relaxing in Lanzarote and, that evening, leave her mother and stepfather to go travelling with some guys she'd only just met.

But things don't always go as expected as her friends and family discover
Audio Play
Published September 1st 2006 by Big Finish Productions Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Christopher Buchanan
Complete. Friggin'. Train wreck.

Okay, I'll say the only good thing I can about this story up front. It was well acted by all involved, especially Baker and Bryant. No blame goes to the actors on this.

The story however...Woof. A Cyberman, one of the last after aeons of wars, just happens to find a Tardis laying around, as you do, and flies it back in time to set an extremely convoluted Rube Goldberg style trap to snare the Doctor into restarting the Cyber Race. And why the Doctor in particular?
Jamie Revell
Jan 29, 2015 Jamie Revell rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-plays
Another reasonably good offering in the 6th Doctor range, this takes the time to explore the impact of Peri's disappearance in Planet of Fire on those she left behind. That's perhaps more interesting than the actual cyberman plot that's behind it all, but that's functional enough, too, and has a nice resolution to it. The beginning is perhaps, a bit strange, but makes more sense once you've also listened to The Gathering, which was published together with this.
Nicholas Whyte
I found the script and plot of The Reaping almost offensively bad. It is saved by the cast, particularly Nicola Bryant, who is given some of the worst material of her Who career to work with (and that's saying something) and mostly pulls it off. The story is that Peri discovers that her best friend's father (who is mysteriously only 40) was murdered a few months after she started travelling with the Doctor. They return to Baltimore to investigate, but it is all an absurdly complex plot by the dy ...more
Ritchie
Mar 13, 2015 Ritchie rated it liked it
Six and Peri go to Baltimore 1984 to attend the funeral of a friend of Peri's family. Uh oh, 6 8 6 9... Cybermen!
Scott Haworth
Oh dear. This started off so well. I was going to give this four stars after listening to the first episode. Then I listened to the second one. I'm afraid it didn't live up to its potential.

I'm betting some of the plot threads left hanging in this audio will be resolved in the next one, but I wish someone had warned me about that before I bought this. Far too much is unresolved here for me to be comfortable with how this ends. And what does end doesn't end well.
Debra Cook
Jan 21, 2016 Debra Cook rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, audiobooks
I loved this story. The Doctor and Peri go back to her hometown of Baltimore Md in 1984 so Peri can attend the funeral of a friend's father. While there they find out the Cybermen are trying to take over the planet. This would have been fantastic to see on screen. The shock was to hear Claudia Christian from B-5 doing one of the voices. It was great. The old music and familiar story and voices. Great.
Mel
Oct 11, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
Another Peri story I liked! I thought this was really good, it had family drama and almost incidently cybermen. Claudia Christian was lovely as Peri's mom. It was great to watch how much their relationship developed just over the space of the audio. I also liked the way Mondas was used at the end.
Maria
Jul 28, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
I actually quite enjoyed this, the entire Cybermen plot seemed kind of convoluted but listening to this is not a bad way to pass the time at all. I am a huge fan of Six and Peri, so that might influence my enjoyment, but overall I was happy with it.
Steven
Aug 30, 2014 Steven rated it it was ok
Peri and the Sixth Doctor travel to Baltimore, 1984, four months after Peri left her stepfather and mother in Lanzarote. As she tries to explain to her mother where she has been, the Doctor discovers an old enemy has laid a trap for him…
ani
Nov 13, 2012 ani rated it really liked it
Funny, touching, varied and gripping - really enjoyed it.
Saturnberry
Nov 29, 2015 Saturnberry rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it, own
Sounds like they need a pop filter.
Vivianne
Vivianne marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
07jonesj
07jonesj marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Bryce Jenkins
Bryce Jenkins rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Joe
Joe rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Rick Wood
Rick Wood marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Mikael Kuoppala
Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Carl
Carl rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Hope
Hope added it
Jan 25, 2016
Simon Exton
Simon Exton rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Rick Ewing
Rick Ewing rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Sam Honeycutt
Sam Honeycutt marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Uther Dean
Uther Dean rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Kimber
Kimber rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Rob5yke5
Rob5yke5 rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2015
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Joseph Lidster is an English television writer best known for his work on the Doctor Who spin-off series Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

His debut work was the audio play The Rapture for Big Finish Productions in 2002. Numerous further audio plays and prose short stories followed for Big Finish, for their Doctor Who line, spin-offs and other series (Sapphire & Steel and The Tomorrow Pe
More about Joseph Lidster...

Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas (1 - 10 of 213 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time (Big Finish Audio Drama, #1)
  • Doctor Who: Phantasmagoria (Big Finish Audio Drama, #2)
  • Doctor Who: Whispers of Terror (Big Finish Audio Drama, #3)
  • Doctor Who: The Land of the Dead (Big Finish Audio Drama, #4)
  • Doctor Who: The Fearmonger (Big Finish Audio Drama, #5)
  • Doctor Who: The Marian Conspiracy (Big Finish Audio Drama, #6)
  • Doctor Who: The Genocide Machine
  • Doctor Who: Red Dawn (Big Finish Audio Drama, #8)
  • Doctor Who: The Spectre of Lanyon Moor (Big Finish Audio Drama, #9)
  • Doctor Who: Winter for the Adept (Big Finish Audio Drama, #10)