Start by marking “Doctor Who: I.D. and Urgent Calls” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: I.D. and Urgent Calls

Doctor Who: I.D. and Urgent Calls (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #94)

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
I.D. (a Three Part Story)
In the 32nd Century, the Doctor finds himself on a planet piled high with discarded computer technology. Picking over these remains are an army of Scandroids, a collection of unsavoury, illegal Data Pirates and a team of researchers from the mysterious Lonway Clinic. This is a world of organic-digital transfer and 'personality surgery' which the Do
Audio Cd
Published April 2007 by Big Finish Productions Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Chasity Nicole
Feb 16, 2016 Chasity Nicole rated it it was amazing
This is the first Doctor Who book I've listened too and I'm quite pleased that I listened to it. I'm just now attempting to jump on the Doctor Who bandwagon and I'd say listening to a few of the short stories is definitely getting me hooked on the Doctor.

In this story The Doctor and Lauren expierence this weird phenomenon that when they call someone it ends up being a missed call that leads to one another. At first they don't understand the situation, but then it starts to make sense and The Do
Jamie Revell
Mar 27, 2015 Jamie Revell rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-plays
I.D. is a three-part story, featuring the 6th Doctor, but without any companions. It's a fairly routine story about a base under siege by deranged robots, although it obviously aspires to be rather more. In particular, as the title implies, it's supposed to be about the nature of identity, this being a culture in which it's possible to upload personalities, but, honestly, it's a fairly small part of the story. Quite well done, to be fair, but nothing remarkable. (3/5)

However, I.D. is followed on
Christopher Hatch
Mar 15, 2016 Christopher Hatch rated it it was ok
Urgent Calls was excellent.
The CD Extras were very entertaining and Gyles Brandreth was especially so.
The story I.D. was at best okay, but since this was 3/4 of the CD it lowers the overall rating.

I wasn't aware at the outset of listening that this was a 3 part story, and I was wondering how they could could drag it out, and actually dreadding them doing so. I was quite a relief to find Part 3 was the end.
Christopher Buchanan
A companionless Sixy travels to the distant future for a base-under-siege style adventure with lots of good ol' fashioned sci-fi and technobabble. Lots of fun and a great cast. The short story 'Urgent Calls' is also a very well done and interesting little nugget. Both are a great listen.
Uther
Jan 02, 2016 Uther rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-drama
Big Finish's brief dalliance with splitting their releases into two stories - a three parter and a one ep - has some odd results. For instance, what do you rate this release? The three part is solid if uninspired romping with robots but the one part tacked on the end titled URGENT CALLS is a real gem. A tightly wound cracker played out almost entirely as a series of phone calls. Big Finish's work, to me, is always best when they play it small and claustrophobic, and URGENT CALLS is yet another e ...more
Ritchie
Apr 08, 2015 Ritchie rated it liked it
A Companionless Sixth Doctor adventure. I.D. sees Sixie encountering robots and computer programs in a space junkyard. Urgent Calls is a short story with Six and a telephone operator who, by luck, team up but never meet up.
Nicholas Whyte
Features Six-on-his-own getting involved with a computer salvage operation where there is more going on than first appears. It didn't really sing to me, despite the presence of big name stars like Giles Brandreth and Helen Atkinson Wood (and Sara Griffiths from Old Who). [return][return]Urgent Calls, on the same CD set as I.D., is a different matter. It's virtually a two-hander between Colin Baker, at the end of a phone line, and Kate Brown playing Lauren who keeps getting connected to him accid ...more
Silvia
Oct 22, 2015 Silvia rated it did not like it
Shelves: doctor-who
I only listened to "Urgent Calls".
Mel
Sep 24, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
I only listened to Urgent Calls as it was part of a free Big Finish give away awhile ago. It was a lovely story. It was a really clever two hander that was spooky, claustrophobic and a little funny. It made for a very nice change. Definitely one I'd recommend.
Debra Cook
Jan 21, 2016 Debra Cook rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
The story ID has the Doctor trying to stop robots from killing people because of a virus. Urgent call was a virus causing wrong numbers in the phone lines.
Saturnberry
Jun 29, 2016 Saturnberry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, own
S'got the best Doc intro I've ever HEARD! I was lmao and had to listen to it over and over. Colin Baker is awesome. :)
Steven
Jul 20, 2015 Steven rated it it was ok
A wrong telephone number on 1974 Earth has strange consequences.
Allie
May 15, 2014 Allie rated it really liked it
Urgent Calls is fabulous.
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jun 26, 2016
Caroline Soares
Caroline Soares rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
Brett
Brett added it
May 20, 2016
Mark
Mark added it
May 19, 2016
Bryce Jenkins
Bryce Jenkins rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Vivianne
Vivianne marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
07jonesj
07jonesj marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Mikael Kuoppala
Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Rick Wood
Rick Wood marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Hope
Hope marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kimber
Kimber rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Rob5yke5
Rob5yke5 rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Eddie Robson is a comedy and science fiction writer best known for his sitcom Welcome To Our Village, Please Invade Carefully and his work on a variety of spin-offs from the BBC Television series Doctor Who. He has written books, comics and short stories, and has worked as a freelance journalist for various science fiction magazines. He is married to a female academic and lives in Lancaster.

Robson
More about Eddie Robson...

Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas (1 - 10 of 213 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time