Start by marking “Doctor Who: Sword of Orion (Big Finish Audio Drama, #17)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Sword of Orion (Big Finish Audio Drama, #17)

Doctor Who: Sword of Orion (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #17)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  22 reviews
This is a full-cast original audio play produced by Big Finish Productions.

The human race is locked in deadly combat with the 'Android Hordes' in the Orion System. Light years from the front line, the Doctor and Charley arrive to sample the dubious delights of a galactic backwater, little suspecting that the consequences of the Orion War might reach them there. But High Co
Audio Play
Published February 2001 by Big Finish Productions Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Nicholas Whyte
seems to be much loved by fans, but I really couldn't get into it. The voices of the two female guest actors were so similar that it was a while before I worked out that they were different characters, and then of course one of them turns out to be a cute robot. (I hate cute robots.) The surprise is that it turns out to be a Second Doctor Cyberman story (Wheel in Space, I think, though I haven't seen/heard it) reheated. I recently decided (after re-watching Earthshock in particular) that No Cybe ...more
Mel
I'm 50% done with Doctor Who: Half way through and I'm really liking this. There's a definite feel to the aliens universe here with the salvage team and corporations and all kinds of subterfuge going on. Having listened to later Charley lately it's nice to go back to hearing her so young and shocked by everything. Her interactions with the doctor are great. Paul McGann is lovely as always!

The 2nd half was really good. There was still plenty of intrigue and while some audios tend to disappear int
Drew
The picture on the cover tells you that Cybermen are involved, but it takes quite awhile before the Cybermen show up. Until that point there's a plot involving the TARDIS getting accidentally loaded onto a salvage ship, and some smugglers going after a derelict space ship, and the TARDIS ending up on the derelict, I think because the salvage ship slammed on the brakes too hard. Or something.

This is one of those stories where you have to be paying close attention to figure out where the characte
Jeffrey
The Doctor and Charley find themselves aboard a salvage ship attempting to recover an abandoned destroyer. But when the crew discovers that the ship's original owners, the Cybermen, haven't actually abandoned ship, everyone is in danger.

This episode is an interesting melange of classic and new Who. It fits both in the Patrick Troughton era and arguably ties in well to Matt Smith's most recent outing by Neil Gaiman.

That said, while the Cybermen are generally well handled, the cover again spoils
Angela
The Doctor and Charley after some complications end up on an abandoned spaceship, that is being salvaged by another one. Only problem is the abandoned spaceship has cybermen on board. This story does take a while to get going, and the cybermen are only really running the plot in the last episode. The characters are intriguing and I like the premise of the Androids of Orion. A good listen.
Devin Harvey
As you can see from the cover, the Cybermen are involved, but they don't really show up until the end of the second part/third part. It still is a wonderful audio adventure. It is very creepy and the setting is an amazing setting for a cybermen story. It's hard to really explain much, but one notable thing is that there is a very interesting side-story about Android wars, which I hope some day Big Finish gets too. But otherwise this is a fantastically eerie audio and I would greatly recommend it ...more
Christopher Buchanan
Pretty good one. I love when Big Finish takes on adventures out in open space. Always something the T.V. show seems to have trouble with given the budget for such things and all. Anyway, this is a nice old-fashioned deep space adventure. It gets kinda Star Wars-y at times but in a good way. Very nice soundscape. The story is okay but you can see the surprise reveal about 10 light-years out. Pretty good. A weak 4 star rating, but 4 none-the-less.
Steven
The Doctor and Charley intend to return Ramsay the vortisaur to the Time Vortex, but there's a slight problem; he seems to have fallen ill, perhaps from spending too much time outside his natural environment. Whatever the cause, he's too weak to be moved, and the shock of returning to the Vortex in this state could kill him. The Doctor needs answers—and fortunately, he knows just where to find them...
Tanya
The 8th Doctor and Charley land on an old space freighter, a scrap ship arrives and go on board and while looking around people start going missing and the Doctor and Charley get blamed until the real villians appear, the cybermen are back, it is really atmospheric and at times a bit creepy as you know they are there and what they can do but the others don't.
Sara Habein
My first foray into Doctor Who audio dramas. Accidentally listened to this one before I listened to #16, but that's all right. This was pretty good -- I don't know how it compares to the others yet, but I enjoyed it. Paul McGann's voice is so well-suited to both being the Doctor and for it working well with audio-only.
Mike Jozic
I can't say as I'm overly thrilled with the story here but It's so great to see Paul McGann actually get a crack at playing the Doctor that I'm probably a little forgiving of it. It's a little chaotic, a little meandering, but it's kind of fun, kind of canon, and I can listen to them on my iPod.
Eighth Doctor and Charley on an abandoned falling-to-pieces spaceship that pirates are intent on claiming. Sadly, the Cybermen were just in stasis on said spaceship.....waiting for someone to board & warm up the place. Bad luck for the pirates. Bad, bad luck.
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
This one felt like a murky muddle of mixed motivations and metal (cyber)men, a bit shapeless and hard to follow. Neither the Doctor nor Charley come across as well characterised. A very middling entry into this often very excellent series.
Noah Soudrette
The first hour of this audio really spins it's wheels in the mud of going through the movements. However, when the second hour starts up, things move along nicely, and while the whole thing is a bit predictable, it's still quite a good listen.
Debra Cook
It was an okay adventure. I keep forgetting that the Cyberman aren't all that scary especially in audio adventures. I would still recommend.
Angela
This was fun, but as with most Cyberman stories lately, it was sad. I found it was also predictable.
This was actually really scary and I adored it. The Cybermen were amazing and Eight is a BAMF.
Jabriol
'Resistance is useless?' --The Borg are Cybermen--
Bronwen
Can't really remember whether I liked this one or not. :-S
Gayle
It was all right. Not really memorable.
Yosef Shapiro
This story is kind of weak.
Ashley Fisher
Ashley Fisher is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Doctor Who: Storm Warning (Big Finish Audio Drama, #16)
  • Doctor Who: The Chimes of Midnight (Big Finish Audio Drama, #29)
  • Doctor Who: Seasons of Fear (Big Finish Audio Drama, #30)
  • Doctor Who: Spare Parts (Big Finish Audio Drama, #34)
  • Doctor Who: The Natural History of Fear (Big Finish Audio Drama, #54)
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 1 (8th Doctor Series Vol. 1, Audio CD)
  • Doctor Who: The Fearmonger (Big Finish Audio Drama, #5)
  • Doctor Who: The Time of the Daleks (Big Finish Audio Drama, #32)
  • Doctor Who: Invaders from Mars (Big Finish Audio Drama, #28)
  • Doctor Who: The Marian Conspiracy (Big Finish Audio Drama, #6)
  • Doctor Who: Davros (Big Finish Audio Drama, #48)
  • Doctor Who: The Stones of Venice (Big Finish Audio Drama, #18)
  • Doctor Who: The One Doctor (Big Finish Audio Drama, #27)
  • Doctor Who: The Genocide Machine (Big Finish Audio Drama, #7)
  • Doctor Who: Minuet in Hell (Big Finish Audio Drama, #19)
Nicholas Briggs is a British actor and writer, predominantly associated with the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who and its various spin-offs. Some of Briggs' earliest Doctor Who-related work was as host of The Myth Makers, a series of made-for-video documentaries produced in the 1980s and 1990s by Reeltime Pictures in which Briggs interviews many of the actors and writers involved i ...more
More about Nicholas Briggs...

Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas (1 - 10 of 200 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time (Big Finish Audio Drama, #1)
  • Doctor Who: Phantasmagoria (Big Finish Audio Drama, #2)
  • Doctor Who: Whispers of Terror (Big Finish Audio Drama, #3)
  • Doctor Who: The Land of the Dead (Big Finish Audio Drama, #4)
  • Doctor Who: The Fearmonger (Big Finish Audio Drama, #5)
  • Doctor Who: The Marian Conspiracy (Big Finish Audio Drama, #6)
  • Doctor Who: The Genocide Machine (Big Finish Audio Drama, #7)
  • Doctor Who: Red Dawn (Big Finish Audio Drama, #8)
  • Doctor Who: The Spectre of Lanyon Moor (Big Finish Audio Drama, #9)
  • Doctor Who: Winter for the Adept (Big Finish Audio Drama, #10)
Doctor Who: The Dalek Generation Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time (Big Finish Audio Drama, #1) Doctor Who: Embrace the Darkness (Big Finish Audio Drama #31) Doctor Who: Dark Eyes Doctor Who: The Light at the End