Start by marking “Blood Brothers” as Want to Read:
Blood Brothers

Blood Brothers (Necroscope #6)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  2,391 ratings  ·  28 reviews
The vampires have been vanquished! Harry Keogh and the armies of the dead have destroyed the evil that once plagued the world. Nathan and Nestor, secret twin sons of the Necroscope and a proud gypsy woman, were children when their father, his humanity poisoned by his fearsome struggles, sacrificed himself to save mankind.

Yet there are vampires still, vampires crueler and s
Published April 1st 2011 by Tor Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Brothers

Bill
For about the past six years or so, I've been a visitor to Brian
Lumley's vampire world. It hasn't taken me this long because of the availability of the novels, but because I'm bent on making each novel in this series an annual treat.

The Necroscope series has done what has seemed to be the impossible, and that's keep me thoroughly enthralled in a series for five novels. I don't have to rehash what I've already written, you all know how I feel about this series if you've read my other reviews.

I th
Donovan
This is the second of the Necroscope Series. I didn't find this as good as the first, but still a lot of fun to read. This Vampire World series consists of:
The Last Aerie
Bloodwars

Plot ***Spoilers***
Blood Brothers
It is revealed that after the Battle in the Garden (Necroscope 3, The Source) while recovering from the ravaging of his mind by his son The Dweller, Harry Keogh fathered two sons unknowingly with a Szgany woman Nana Kiklu, in starside/sunside. This books covers in some part
Rob Bliss
This is a different world than that of the Harry Keogh world, this one taking place entirely in a fantasy world and not crossing over into our world.

A good beginning, fleshing out a prologue of sorts, the return of the vampires and how they begin to take over. I like this horror or dark fantasy better than most fantasy. Except Lumley uses a ton of exclamation points! LOL. Everything is a surprise to everybody!

Anyway, hardly a fault. I've been trying to find The Last Aerie somewhere, might have
Nick Wallace
By the Blood Wars series, I lost most interest in the series. There was too much convolution in an effort to keep alive a storyline that should have ended with Deadspeak or before.
Andy Strutt
Necroscope Series by Brian Lumley
Review by Andy Strutt author of “The Afflicted”

I first discovered this series by receiving “Necroscope III : The Source” as a Christmas present. I had never heard of Brian Lumley but I was instantly infatuated with his work as soon as I had read the first few pages. Obviously, the first thing I did was go out and find the rest of the Necroscope series.
Harry Keogh is a very strange character with morbid supernatural powers that allow him to speak to the dead. That
Andy Strutt
Necroscope Series by Brian Lumley
Review by Andy Strutt author of “The Afflicted”

Shelley Barr
Out of the Necroscope Trilogy Blood Brother Books 6, 7, and 8 were by far my favorite.
Michael Daniel
Another good twist / addition to the series. Very nicely done and still as vicious and entertaining as ever.
Very good series! Imagine any knowledge that you needed at the ready for your asking. Enter Harry. Very well designed story, with a main character that is easily identified with, Harry Koegh. The imagination that came up with these characters must have experienced some truly awful things. Lumley, being an ex SAS officer, surely did.

The vampires in this series are not nice. They are not wa
Shannon Appelcline
The first two hundred pages of this book are really excruciatingly dull. I found them hard to read. That's because there's no human focus and no real plot. Instead we get a lot of parallel story to other Necroscope book and a lot of dull history. It's all in service to setting up the actual story of the book, but that means it isn't the story itself. After reading all this, I had to set the book aside for a while, in the hope I'd be able to able to enjoy the rest better after a break.
Chris
Good book although it starts with a very convoluted and winding storyline. It goes back and forth in time between different storytellers and narrators covering the history of Lumley's Vampire World and the origin of the Wamphyri. All of that is interesting, if a bit rambling, since it provides a lot of insight into how the Wamphyri live. Once the story of the brothers finally begins, the book becomes a much better and faster read, effectively drawing me back into the Vampire saga after a long de ...more
Daniel
As always, I really enjoyed this book, by Brian Lumley. It was tightly condensed for a 400 page book, and it was slow going; however, The new generation was great, and I'm looking forward to reading the Last Aerie.
Dale Rosso
Feb 06, 2014 Dale Rosso rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults
Shelves: horror
Not for young kids, I read this one years ago and the story was okay, I like the earlier ones in the series better.
Linda Diaz
Brian lumley is my favorite vampire author because these are not your typical coffin dwelling vampires or your teenage twilight vamps.These are some hard core mothers of all vampires who are nasty as can get and I loved everyone especially cankor wolf fox, if you love vampires you have to read lumley you won't regret it! I didn't.
Mystfromthesea
This is the sixth book in the Necroscope series, and the first book in the blood brothers trilogy. The bioengineering imagery of the inner workings of the vampire 'stack' are morbidly fascinating and, at times, stomach churning. There is much implied and it makes the imagination scream, and then you just keep wanting to know more. I thought that it took a bit longer to get in to it, and then it seemed like the end was rushed. That's ok though, it was a satisfying book to read.
Gilliam
After a (worrisomely) lengthy setup of history and characters Blood Brothers eventually settles into a satisfying piece of horror fantasy with compelling heroes, anti-heroes and villains that climaxes with a tantalizing cliffhanger.

A worthy installment in Lumley's ongoing Wamphyri saga.
Sabur76
It's like most Brian Lumley books: it starts off confusing and WTH is going on and within the last twenty pages it starts getting really good. Good book, but I'm giving up on Brian Lumley, I don't have time for this.
Gary
One of the best in the series, but a little slow in the beginning.
Nathan and Nestor, twin boys of the necroscope begin their lives.
David
Excellent, large-scale world crafting by Lumley. The stars of the show are the vampires and their truly alien world.
Keith
Wonderful read, the nastiest vampires you could ever want to meet in a fantastic world of sun side / star side.
Claudia Glazzard
Much more brutal than the original Necroscope series but every bit as exciting and intriguing as ever!
Mikeegan43
good read, but you better have read more of the Necroscope series before trying this one.
Jaime
Typical Brian Lumley. Nothing overly new, still enough to make me want to read more.
Lynn Orser
Great continuation of the Necroscope books. Can't wait to begin the next book
Chuck Kelley
Slow to get started, but the story finally took off and was good
Kurt Vosper
Sons of the Necroscope. For more of that see Book 1
Jackino Amato
thank you!!! may I have another!!!
Tom
Big fan of Brian Lumley!
  • Vampire Apocalypse: A World Torn Asunder
  • In the Blood (Sonja Blue, #2)
  • The Haunter of the Dark
  • Dominion (Dracula Series, #5)
  • Blood Red
  • The Night Boat
  • Books of Blood, Volumes 4-6
  • Vampyrrhic
  • Lord of the Vampires (The Diaries of the Family Dracul, #3)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Creed, #1)
  • Angel Souls and Devil Hearts (Shadow Saga #2)
  • The Book of Common Dread: A Novel of the Infernal (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1)
  • Reprisal (Adversary Cycle, #5)
  • Slave of My Thirst (aka  Supping With Panthers)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampires
  • Skarlet (The Vampire Trinity, #1)
20602
Brian Lumley was born near Newcastle. In 22 years as a Military Policeman he served in many of the Cold War hotspots, including Berlin, as well as Cyprus in partition days. He reached the rank of Sergeant-Major before retiring to Devon to write full-time, and his work was first published in 1970. The vampire series, 'Necroscope', has been translated into ten languages and sold over a million copie ...more
More about Brian Lumley...
Necroscope (Necroscope, #1) Necroscope II: Vamphyri! (Necroscope, #2) Necroscope III: The Source (Necroscope, #3) Necroscope IV: Deadspeak (Necroscope, #4) Necroscope V: Deadspawn (Necroscope, #5)