Start by marking “Sven the Zombie Slayer” as Want to Read:
Sven the Zombie Slayer

Sven the Zombie Slayer

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When a zombie outbreak of unknown origin hits their town, strongman Sven, gun-lover Jane, track star Lorie, and video game warrior Milt find that their lives have become entangled in zombie gore.
318 pages
Published August 8th 2011 (first published August 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sven the Zombie Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sven the Zombie Slayer

Lauren
It was a normal day when the outbreak occurred. For body builder Sven it started with his spotter wondering off while he was trying to break his own record. For Jane it was worrying about her sick house mate before heading off to work. For Lorie, that big track meet later in the day. Milt just wanted to play some WoW. But then everything got weird and the dead started to rise.

I’m going to admit now that I love zombie movies, zombie novels on the other hand are something that I’ve kind of skipp
Karen
May 30, 2013 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Zombie lovers
This was a good book with likeable characters and one you will hate or pity. The zombies are localized to the Virginia area and so no one is aware of how or why they have started to walk.

The title character, Sven, is a competitive bodybuilder who works as a personal trainer. He is working out with his friend and spotter, Lars, in his basement as the zombies start to walk. When the action begins Sven can only think to grab his cat, Ivan, and run.

Sven rescues Jane, his ex-girlfriend, and they tak
Kim Luu
Jul 25, 2012 Kim Luu added it
Shelves: zombies
I didn't expect much due to the title but got it because I love zombies and it tickled my fancy.

The book was actually enjoyable and well written. It presented a fairly realistic reactions by the survivors and how they would react. There were not too many stupid or deux ex machina situations.

Sven is a body builder and suddenly, when the world went bad, Sven had to figure out how to survive while rescuing random people that he came across. My favorite character is the poor vegan who is used to e
Terri
It isn't often that I read a book and feel like I might throw up. Now this might sound like a bad thing but to me it just shows how graffic and well written this was. The way the character Milt was discribed and the discription of zombie gore was really good almost as if l could see and unfortunately smell it. A very good zombie story.
John T M Herres
Okay, I may be incredibly critical, but I kept getting the feeling this might have been written by a teenager. An attempt to use "shock tactics" to cover the inexperience, a noticeable lack of professional editing (I know Editors are expensive), and examining every tiny step(in a literal sense)to achieve a certain word-count.

I could not finish the story, for the step-by-step narration interfered with my enjoyment.
Ian McClellan
I loved this book. The story was pretty z/a basic, although it did take a few interesting turns at times. What really made it a great read were the characters and the humor. Someone needs to make this into a movie. Sven, Milt, and Lorie would be great on the big screen.
Shana Festa
This was a different take on the outbreak than I've read in the past. Great job Guy James on thinking outside the standard box. He's got a talent for the details and I enjoyed his description of events and characters.
Lori-Ann
Much better than I thought it would be. Well written and interesting.
Casey Harvell
This book rocked. It managed to be serious and humorous all at once. And the reason for the zombie plague? Absolutely priceless. If you enjoy zombies, then you have to read Sven the Zombie Slayer.
Hank
Jul 04, 2012 Hank rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Great beginning. Enjoyed it, although it started strong but did not finish as well.
Nicole
I was very surprised by this book, I loved it!
Nicole
Jun 24, 2012 Nicole added it
very good book kept me interested
AH
Jun 24, 2012 AH marked it as to-read
Kindle free downloads 6/24/12.
Jgreen1117gmail.com
Jgreen1117gmail.com marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Melissa Rice
Melissa Rice marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Denisa
Denisa added it
Mar 13, 2015
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Connie Gunter
Connie Gunter marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
  • The Wild Country (Living with the Dead #4)
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • The Fall (The Rift #1)
  • The Hungry (The Hungry #1)
  • Ushers, Inc.
  • The Undead Situation (Undead, #1)
  • Zombiestan
  • I Zombie I (I Zombie, #1)
  • Dead Hunger: The Flex Sheridan Chronicle
  • White Flag of The Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #1)
  • BadAss Zombie Road Trip
  • Sunrise
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • Dead: The Ugly Beginning (Dead, #1)
  • The Plan (Roads Less Traveled, #1)
  • The Boat
  • Year of the Dead
  • After Life
Blood Spatter Outbreak on the Commons: A Short Story Elliptical Rats on Strings Mayor of the Damned (Sven the Zombie Slayer, Book 3)