Sven the Zombie Slayer

Sven the Zombie Slayer

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When a zombie outbreak of unknown origin hits their town, strongman Sven, gun-lover Jane, track star Lorie, and video game warrior Milt find that their lives have become entangled in zombie gore.
318 pages
Published August 8th 2011 (first published August 7th 2011)

Lauren
It was a normal day when the outbreak occurred. For body builder Sven it started with his spotter wondering off while he was trying to break his own record. For Jane it was worrying about her sick house mate before heading off to work. For Lorie, that big track meet later in the day. Milt just wanted to play some WoW. But then everything got weird and the dead started to rise.

I’m going to admit now that I love zombie movies, zombie novels on the other hand are something that I’ve kind of skipp...more
Karen
May 30, 2013 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Zombie lovers
This was a good book with likeable characters and one you will hate or pity. The zombies are localized to the Virginia area and so no one is aware of how or why they have started to walk.

The title character, Sven, is a competitive bodybuilder who works as a personal trainer. He is working out with his friend and spotter, Lars, in his basement as the zombies start to walk. When the action begins Sven can only think to grab his cat, Ivan, and run.

Sven rescues Jane, his ex-girlfriend, and they tak...more
K L
Jul 25, 2012 K L added it
Shelves: zombies
I didn't expect much due to the title but got it because I love zombies and it tickled my fancy.

The book was actually enjoyable and well written. It presented a fairly realistic reactions by the survivors and how they would react. There were not too many stupid or deux ex machina situations.

Sven is a body builder and suddenly, when the world went bad, Sven had to figure out how to survive while rescuing random people that he came across. My favorite character is the poor vegan who is used to e...more
Terri
It isn't often that I read a book and feel like I might throw up. Now this might sound like a bad thing but to me it just shows how graffic and well written this was. The way the character Milt was discribed and the discription of zombie gore was really good almost as if l could see and unfortunately smell it. A very good zombie story.
JennyJen
*2.5 stars.

Review to come.
Ian McClellan
I loved this book. The story was pretty z/a basic, although it did take a few interesting turns at times. What really made it a great read were the characters and the humor. Someone needs to make this into a movie. Sven, Milt, and Lorie would be great on the big screen.
Shana Festa
This was a different take on the outbreak than I've read in the past. Great job Guy James on thinking outside the standard box. He's got a talent for the details and I enjoyed his description of events and characters.
Lori-Ann
Much better than I thought it would be. Well written and interesting.
Casey Harvell
This book rocked. It managed to be serious and humorous all at once. And the reason for the zombie plague? Absolutely priceless. If you enjoy zombies, then you have to read Sven the Zombie Slayer.
Hank
Jul 04, 2012 Hank rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Great beginning. Enjoyed it, although it started strong but did not finish as well.
Nicole
Jun 24, 2012 Nicole added it
very good book kept me interested
AH
Jun 24, 2012 AH marked it as to-read
Kindle free downloads 6/24/12.
Laura M
Laura M marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Blah Smith
Blah Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Mykel
Mykel marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Blair
Blair marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
April Schilling
April Schilling marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Jason
Jason added it
May 22, 2014
Buran
Buran marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Tyson
Tyson marked it as to-read
Amey Gawade
Amey Gawade marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Blood Spatter Outbreak on the Commons: A Short Story Rats on Strings Elliptical The shareholder