Start by marking “Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off” as Want to Read:
Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off

Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  163 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Simple, powerful marketing strategies every business can afford to implementThere's never been a better time to be a marketer or entrepreneur than right now. Thanks to the Internet, a new world of free and inexpensive tactics can help get the word out to the prospects of any business with a limited marketing budget. "Free Marketing" delivers more than 100 ideas to help any ...more
Published September 27th 2011 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Free Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free Marketing

Sergei_kalinin
May 19, 2014 Sergei_kalinin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
В целом очень толковая обзорная книга про интернет-маркетинг. Именно обзорная, т.к. довольно поверхностно рассматриваются все возможные способы продвижения в интернете (рассылки, сайт, блог, контент-маркетинг, SEO, SMM и т.д. и т.п.).

Возможно, для интернет-маркетолога в крупной компании не самая лучшая книга; но вот для малого бизнеса и для начинающих индивидуалов-инфобизнесменов - самое то! ;) Причём книга не только для полных "чайников"; в ней есть не только понятно изложенные "азы", но и зна
Gabriela
Nov 13, 2012 Gabriela rated it it was amazing
In Free Marketing, Jim Cockrum has developed over 101 ideas that can help marketers and small business entrepreneurs to boost their revenue with only a small marketing budget. He offers insights that are applicable both online and for offline businesses. He shows you how to encourage your best customers to spread the word thereby marketing your product to others, how you can collaborate with your competition to market a new product and other creative ways of spreading the word with the no budget ...more
R. Hill
Nov 01, 2015 R. Hill rated it it was amazing
A+ - Cockrum is a pure marketing genius. Many of his ideas from this book are very applicable both on and off line. He also gives great examples of real life people making money online and not just by teaching how to make money on line but by doing whatever they are passionate about. I listened to it on audio but went right out and bought the hardback for reference.
Ann Addley
Oct 19, 2014 Ann Addley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
I loved this book. Maybe it was just that I identified with the entrepreneurial tone of the narrative that ties the book together, but I found this book very helpful. It has a clear format broken into bite sized chunks and many marketing tips presented in easy to action steeps. I will be following several suggestion's from this book.
Scott Wozniak
Apr 17, 2015 Scott Wozniak rated it really liked it
This book is written by a real practitioner, someone who actually did it. It offers lots and lots of ideas. If you're interested in learning how to do more marketing online this is a very helpful read.
Andy
Jun 25, 2015 Andy rated it liked it
Useful tips.
Perry
Jun 01, 2015 Perry rated it liked it
Good overview of online marketing techniques.

Very tactical.
Abby Campbell
Feb 08, 2013 Abby Campbell rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any small business that needs help marketing
Recommended to Abby by: Amazon search
Shelves:
Jim Cockrum provides a great amount of free marketing tips in this book. As a new author, I have learned that marketing is half my job. Also as a new author, my budget is very limited to begin. Therefore, this book came about at the right time for me. I have only begun using some of Cockrum's initial tips and have seen growth in my business. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an online business.
Daniele
Jun 10, 2012 Daniele rated it it was amazing
Shelves: online
Great book, so many tips and info all together!!

I wasn't reading Jim's blog before, so for me all the information were absolutely new and fresh.

Recommended for everyone that wants to get up to speed to the latest online marketing trends from a REAL guru.

Stephen Smotherman
Nov 30, 2013 Stephen Smotherman rated it really liked it
I thought I might resell this book once I read it, but instead, this book is a keeper that I know I'll return to over and over. It's an amazing resource that is full of great ideas that have sparked even more ideas. Best book for marketing in 2014!
Susan
Nov 16, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Lots of good tips. Almost too much to process on audiobook without taking notes.
Jenny
Nov 08, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
Easy to get through...offered things that I had read in other books. I appreciate the depth so there was plenty I could pick and use from that applied to my business.
Heather Katsonga-Woodward
Jan 05, 2013 Heather Katsonga-Woodward rated it it was amazing
One of the best marketers online. This book is pragmatic and by joining Jim's mailing list I've learnt quite a few things that aren't in the book.
Brian
May 16, 2013 Brian rated it liked it
Shelves: business
This started off as a useful marketing book, and then devolved into another "I got rich by teaching other people how to get rich" book. It was okay.
Patti Ryan
Jun 01, 2012 Patti Ryan rated it it was amazing
Jam packed with ideas for marketing your business. Hope it comes out in paperback so I can afford to buy my own copy. Took loads of notes.
Brian Basilico
Jul 03, 2013 Brian Basilico rated it really liked it
Good stuff. It covers a lot of topics in a pretty clear fashion! May be a bit much and overwhelming for beginners!
Thomas Jr.
Aug 07, 2012 Thomas Jr. rated it really liked it
Great book on effective social media marketing. His approach is right on and his advice is good.
Tara Read
Jun 16, 2012 Tara Read rated it it was amazing
good marketing book assisted alot with my business
Colton Hope
Colton Hope rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
OU WENXIN
OU WENXIN marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Gerald Padmore
Gerald Padmore rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Ab
Ab marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Neeraj Mahendru
Neeraj Mahendru marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
luke rigney
luke rigney is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2016
Tuannguyen
Tuannguyen rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Immanuel Co
Immanuel Co marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Lisa Fowlkes
Lisa Fowlkes rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2016
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, ACT, Relate
  • Personality Not Included: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back
  • People Buy You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Business
  • Baked In: Creating Products and Businesses That Market Themselves
  • Social Boom!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, Rake in the Cash, and Grind Your Competition Into the Dirt
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • What Clients Love: A Field Guide to Growing Your Business
  • Financial Statements: A Step-by-step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports
  • The Business Writer's Handbook
  • Crunch Point: The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most
  • Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • The New How: Creating Business Solutions Through Collaborative Strategy
  • Rules For Revolutionaries: The Capitalist Manifesto for Creating and Marketing New Products and Services
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • It's Not Just Who You Know: Transform Your Life (and Your Organization) by Turning Colleagues and Contacts into Lasting, Genuine Relationships