Start by marking “Jacky Daydream” as Want to Read:
Jacky Daydream

Jacky Daydream

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,915 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews

Lots of Jacqueline Wilson's characters are well-known and well-loved by thousands of readers: Hetty Feather, Ruby and Garnet, Pearl and Jodie, Elsa, Lily and, of course, the brilliant Tracy Beaker! But how much do you know about Jacqueline herself?

Jacqueline takes a look back at her own childhood and teenage years in this captivating story of friendships, loneliness, boo

Published (first published March 5th 2007)

Faith
Jan 12, 2009 Faith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007, biography
The true Jacqueline Wilson story. I Have only read one of her other books, but I think I can still say that this book is very true to her fictional style. JW really can write for children. She knows what they want and need and how to present it. Easy and entertraining. 100% child friendly.

Even thou I'm not a child anymore (ie a bit too old for this book) I really enjoyed the book. JW just writed in a fun way. All thou at some points i as an adult reader of course really felt that I was not part
Shannon Blake
Fantastic! The book runs through the first eleven years of Jacqueline Wilson's life and a little about her parents and grandparents. A must read for all fans.
Shannon
Dec 29, 2014 Shannon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: female-author
I remember reading this about 5 years ago and I read it because I really enjoy the Jacqueline Wilson books. This however, was not fun. I just found that as a biography it switched from being very mythical and fabulous to real life too quickly and I don't know, I just remember hating it so much
e.c.h.a
I wouldn't be a writer now if I hadn't been a reader.

Sebuah pernyataan yang diungkapkan oleh Jacqueline Wilson di buku ini. Jacky, nama kecil Jac, menghabiskan masa kanaknya dengan membaca banyak buku. Dan di usia 9 tahun, Jacky sudah menulis ceritanya sendiri. Dan di suatu tempat bernama Bournemouth, Jacky berangan-angan menjadi penulis terkenal.

Jacky yang senang membaca, Jacky yang suka dengan boneka, Jacky yang sangat sayang dengan neneknya, Jacky yang tidak terlalu seia sekata dengan orang
Angela
Nov 21, 2007 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jackie's fans
i think that this book is ok it is about jacqueline wilson life and about how she became a writer it's alright but in the beginning quite boring but in the middle good. overall i would give this book 7/10
Alsie
Dec 17, 2014 Alsie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jazmin
Jacqueline is one of my favorite authors. It's wonderful getting an insight into Jacqueline's life before she became a bestselling author.

I really liked it. Awesome read. :)
Beth Bonini
Jun 19, 2012 Beth Bonini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used this autobiography of Jacqueline Wilson's life (birth to age 11) as the basis for a Book Club lesson about the writer and her work. It is organised in an interesting, and rather unique, way: not only does each chapter address some aspect of JW's childhood, and include relevant pictures, but it also makes connections to the novels. (I know that one of the most common questions all authors get is "where do you get your ideas/characters from," and JW does much to try to answer that question. ...more
GingerDoll
This is the first Jacqueline Wilson book I've ever read. I'm about 25 years too old for her regular books but having seen her interviewed several times and reading a little about her she always came across as a very engaging lady. When I saw her autobiography in a charity shop I snapped it up, and what a treat it is.

Written in a warm, conversational manner it is obviously aimed at her younger readership but there is much to engage an older reader as well. Born in 1945 it takes us from birth to a
Catherine
May 10, 2009 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read her books
A fantastic autobiography! Very true to her ficitonal style and absolutely perfect for the children that read her books. Jacqueline is an absolutely inspirational children's author and has the most perfect knack for writing for children, whether she's writing fiction or non-fiction.

I found myself relating to so many things that she shared in this book. I just wish I had read it before I had the priveledge of meeting her earlier this year at the WHSmith book signing she did. I think I would have
Kamile
Aug 18, 2015 Kamile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really nice book on the insight of jakys life and I really adored the part with the dolls because I like dolls myself and her whole primary school experience was really fun to read about.
Ella
Feb 22, 2015 Ella rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love Jacqueline Wilson, this is the only book of hers I don't like. Simply because biography's aren't my thing and never have been.
Kristen Ryder
Aug 20, 2015 Kristen Ryder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good book took me a while to get through it but it was worth it it gives you a picture of Jacqueline's life
Lydia Tang
This bibliography of the famous Jacqueline Wilson is telling the truth of her childhood, and also the connections of her childhood memories to her popular books like Best Friends, Secrets and Vicky Angel.
Mariam Abood
It was quite nice to read about the girl who would become the legend. Funnily enough this book actually helped me with A-level Sociology because in this book she talks about sitting the 11+ exams. Haha, it kind of gave me a sense of superiority because I knew about something on the syllabus that no-one else knew. But a really nice book.
Chloe
Jan 11, 2015 Chloe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant insight into the life of Jacqueline Wilson with activities and brilliant stories.
Ursula Clancy
I never even finished this book because I found it too boring but that is just my opinion, I guess
Emily
Mar 08, 2014 Emily rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
not one of her best books
it about her life but the story a bit boring so I dont really like it
Alyqa Mohd Ghazali
I am a huge fan of Jacqueline Wilson and this book is one of my favourite books from her!
Abigail Carter
It was nice to have an insight into what Jacqueline was like in her childhood.
Lisa
May 01, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was when Jacqueline Wilson was small and talking about her childhood.
I like this book and I feel sorry for Jacqueline because she had five doll son one pram and there was a family across the street called the Maryons and they had a dog. The dog saw Jacky's dolls and 1 of her dolls were Timmithy which was a boy, and the dog grabbed Timmithy and ripped of his face and gave it back to Jacky. Jacky was so upset her mum ( Biddy and her father Harry) told her to put Timmithy in the bin but she tr
Hamdi
Sep 19, 2015 Hamdi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Best book in history read and love it
Arianna J
Jul 16, 2014 Arianna J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book very interesting and a good read. It was nice how she showed how bits of her life translated to her life. I haven't however read many of her books so this didn't apply so much to me however I still found it quite interesting. I would definately tell people to read it whether or not they have read her books!
Aushy
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mollie
Mar 15, 2014 Mollie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books-2014
It's the true Jacqueline wilson story
Avery Liu
Jul 12, 2014 Avery Liu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I really want to read this!
Slow Man
Feb 22, 2015 Slow Man rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography
This one has some funny bits. a painting that has turned the subject to a coal miner. Jacky truly has a sense of humour. This is my first Jacky book, i was not introduced her work when i was a child. Even grown-ups enjoy this. well-done, Jacky.

Overall, a wonderful read of childhood stories of the author by the author. Many grown-ups have trouble remembering their childhood series of events and yet, Jacky managed this job so well, taking us the readers through her personal events of her childhood
Lynne weir
This was such a lovely read. It really made me want to go out and buy dolls when I'd finished it even though I'm a bit old and those dolls always creeped me out as a kid. This book is perfect for everyone whether you are a Jacqueline Wilson fan, or someone who wants an authors view of being a story writter or even if you have never read a Jacqueline Wilson book in your life, you will love it. I must add the story about her grannys childhood was soo sad.
Rosie
Jun 02, 2014 Rosie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's about Jacqueline Wilson life and how she grew up
  • Cool!
  • Indigo Blue
  • Bridesmaid's Club (Zodiac Girls, #8)
  • The Hunger: The Diary of Phyllis McCormack, Ireland, 1845-1847
  • Bad Dreams
  • Nevermore
  • The Mum Detective
  • An Urgent Message of Wowness
  • Jimmy's Stars
  • Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3)
  • Sensational Spylet (Jane Blonde, #1)
  • To Kill a Queen: An Elizabethan Girl's Diary 1583 -1586
  • Artichoke Hearts
  • Victorian Workhouse: The Diary of Edith Lorrimer, England, 1871
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af ...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson...

“I really don't know but I would quote for a book from JACQUELINE WILSON which is a very interesting book of her childhood.” 8 likes