Start by marking “Gold Rush Groom” as Want to Read:
Gold Rush Groom

Gold Rush Groom

A search for gold…Jack Snow has learned the hard way that the only person he can rely on is himself. With his family fortune gone, he'll don his best jacket and reel out the charm to bag himself an heiress bride!…could lead to something more preciousThe last person with whom he expects to travel across the Yukon is an outspoken, impoverished daughter of an Irish immigrant. ...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Gold Rush Groom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gold Rush Groom

Karyn Gerrard
Sep 09, 2011 Karyn Gerrard rated it really liked it
Jenna Kernan offers up another rousing western historical romance adventure in 'Gold Rush Groom.'

Lily Shanahan is a real pistol and she wears one on her hip. Lily wants adventure more than anything, and the perfect place is the Yukon during the gold rush. Earning money anyway she can. she provides hauling services in Dyea Alaska. Lily is immediately struck breathless when a tall, handsome Jack Snow steps off the boat from Seattle.

Jack Snow looks every inch the greenhorn. Lily needs a partner for
Linda C
Nov 18, 2014 Linda C rated it really liked it
Lily Shanahan, first generation Irish immigrant, has made it to the coast of Alaska and is looking for a partner to make the 500 mile trek across the Yukon to the Dawson gold fields. She is looking for adventure and a new life. She can sew, cook and sing and hopes people will pay. She has a Newfoundland dog and sled and is looking for an unprepared greenhorn willing to partner a woman. Jack Snow's father has lost his fortune and died leaving his family destitute. His fiance has dropped him and h ...more
Tasneem
Jan 24, 2012 Tasneem rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wild-west
This was a super book. I adored the detail in the writing, in the way in which both the minor and main characters were described. I also was fascinated by the way in which the rush to get to the gold in Dawson Creek was described. The tragedy of the people who died or lost everything they had scrimped and saved to have was so moving, and very sympathetically described, but it also made Lily and Jack's success all the sweeter. I found this a very unexpected gem, I am definitely going to be readin ...more
Leah
Jun 01, 2012 Leah rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this on first-reads.
This book is lovely. The main character is someone I would love to be friends with, she is loyal, proud, and independent. Then Jack Snow is the character you love to hate, every time he says anything I scream "are you stupid!" In my head, but then again he is a guy so you can't blame him. By the end his endearing dumbness seems more tolerable and you begin to realize he is just trying to express himself in a way he had never been exposed to growing up in his own family
Pat
Oct 05, 2011 Pat rated it really liked it
This is actually a 4 1/2 star book, but that isn't a choice here. The only reason it's not a 5 star is that Lily rescues Jack one too many times as far as I was concerned, and Jack wasn't quicker to see that he was nothing in the Yukon without her.

All that being said, the descriptions of the passage from Dyea to Dawson City were spectacular, just enough to give the flavor of how hard the journey was without wallowing in it. Lily's wilderness knowledge and her quick thinking made the book for me.
Sedoo Ashivor
This is the kind of book I read and I'm glad I did regardless of the unusual (for me) theme, otherwise I'd have missed out on a very good love story. Jack and Lily were real people with real hang-ups. The progression of their feelings and their actions were human and believable. I'm not big on adventure but this one worked excellently, so much so that I'd like to read more books on the Yukon Gold rush. Jenna Keenan, well done!
Shawna
Feb 08, 2014 Shawna rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I love reading stories set in this time period. 1897, Yukon Gold Rush, the excitement of discovering the unknown, the perilous journey to claim your land. All this with an underlying romance! I found Lily to be a wonderful character filled with spirit, courage and determination. Jack was the perfect compliment to her. Together they find their adventure in Dawson City...and a little something extra on the side!
June
Mar 18, 2013 June rated it really liked it
This was a good story about the gold rush in the Yukon. One man's need to make money to restore his family's good name, and one woman needing to make a good life for herself. The two meet and help each other across the rugged land, rivers, and all sorts of dangers. Another fine story by Jenna Kernan.
Joanie
Jun 17, 2013 Joanie rated it liked it
Lily Shanahan was a singer who wanted to go to Dawson to start a new life. She met Jack Snow who had been a wealthy man from New York but lost everything and wanted to get rich by going to the Yukon Gold Rush. They were partners through the rough waters and the the long nights.
This was a quick and easy road. Also a very interesting quest for love and wealth.
Joanne
Jul 26, 2014 Joanne rated it liked it
Jack is out seeking his fortune to help support his mother and sister since his father lost all their money and then killed himself. He heads to the Yukon where he partners up with Lily, an irish immigrant. Even though they are miles apart in station they fall in love but will that be enough?
Liz Matis
Oct 24, 2011 Liz Matis rated it it was amazing
Jenna Kernan never fails to provide a grand adventure and a lovely romance! A page turner as love blossoms between two very different people.
Mai
Mai rated it really liked it
May 12, 2012
Tia
Tia rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2011
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2012
Poongothai A
Poongothai A rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Suzie
Suzie rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Booksrluv
Booksrluv rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
V.
V. rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Beerchen
Beerchen rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013
K.
K. rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
AgentScully
AgentScully rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Betty
Betty rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Layla
Layla rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2012
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 17, 2016 11:03AM
Publishers Weekly bestselling author, Jenna Kernan, writes romantic suspense for Harlequin Intrigue, Western Historical romance for Harlequin Historicals and paranormal romance for the Nocturne line. Winner of the Book Buyers' Best award and two-time RITA nominee, Jenna Kernan has published over thirty romance novels since WINTER WOMAN debuted in 2003. Her popular APACHE PROTECTOR series debuted i ...more
More about Jenna Kernan...