Start by marking “The Eye of the Chained God (The Abyssal Plague, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Eye of the Chained God (The Abyssal Plague, #3)

The Eye of the Chained God (The Abyssal Plague #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In the aftermath of the plague demons' attack on Fallcrest, Roghar's inspiring optimism has played a significant role in the rebuilding of the town. Albanon, meanwhile, has not recovered so well. Tormented by his experiences and his near-transformations first by Vestapalk then by Kri, he has retreated to Moorin's tower, where he immerses himself in books. He is the last me ...more
384 pages
Published (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Eye of the Chained God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eye of the Chained God

Justin
This was an enjoyable read, and a satisfying conclusion to the Nentir Vale's trial with the abyssal plague. What began with a small core of characters in book one has broadened to a much larger party by book three. It is probably the case that the focus on some of the individual characters suffered as a result, but by the end of the book it is still the case that most of the major character arcs had reached at least a sort of conclusion.

The main character of the novel continues to be Albanon, t
Mphecker
While this wasn't a terrible read, with all the hype about the Abyssal Plague event in the past year or so I expected more. As a book from Don Bassingthwaite, I expected more. While it had decent action scenes, the book seemed to be rushed. This wasn't the worst D&D series I've read, but it definitely wasn't the best either.
John
Last volume of trilogy featuring a dragon who spreads a mind control plague and the Heroes who save the world. Long, routine, predictable S&S--and that's from just reading the first and last 20 or so pages.
Steven Cole
Steven Cole marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Jeremy Hochhalter
Jeremy Hochhalter marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Norbert Hare iii
Norbert Hare iii marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Verin
Verin marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Dorkboy
Dorkboy marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Kelso
Kelso marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Dyinglotus
Dyinglotus marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
James Kiely
James Kiely marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Kitty
Kitty added it
May 26, 2014
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Apostolos Kotselis
Apostolos Kotselis marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Don lives with his partner in Toronto, surrounded by gadgets, spice jars, and too many books.

No, I don’t normally refer to myself in the third person. That’s the official author bio from the back of my most recent books. You want some other trivia?

I’m a fan of the serial comma.
I’m a huge fan of breakfast cereal.
I own one (and only one) stuffed animal — a Highland cow from Edinburgh named “Ewan
More about Don Bassingthwaite...

The Abyssal Plague (10 books)
  • The Mark of Nerath (The Abyssal Plague)
  • Last Legend of Gedrin Shadowbane
  • The Gates of Madness  (The Abyssal Plague, #0)
  • The Temple of Yellow Skulls (The Abyssal Plague, #1)
  • Oath of Vigilance (The Abyssal Plague, #2)
  • Sword Of The Gods (Forgotten Realms: The Abyssal Plague, #1)
  • Under the Crimson Sun (Dark Sun, #2)
  • Shadowbane
  • Spinner of Lies: A Forgotten Realms Novel
The Binding Stone (Eberron: The Dragon Below, #1) The Yellow Silk (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #4) The Grieving Tree (Eberron: The Dragon Below, #2) Mistress of the Night (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #2) The Killing Song (Eberron: The Dragon Below, #3)