Start by marking “Vanquished (Crusade, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vanquished (Crusade, #3)

Vanquished (Crusade #3)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  597 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
Following the “globetrotting supernatural adventure” (Publishers Weekly) of Damned, the riveting conclusion to the Crusade trilogy pushes the power of love to its limits.

Hope is in short supply, but courage runs deep as the Salamancan hunters recover from a devastating loss. Jenn knows she must rally her team against the Cursed Ones, but her focus is shattered. She’s torn
Published August 28th 2012 by Simon Pulse

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareUnearthly by Cynthia HandCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadAngelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
My books that shall come!
60th out of 117 books — 75 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsThe Summoning by Kelley ArmstrongClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
YA Trilogies
169th out of 283 books — 272 voters

More lists with this book...

Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones
SPOILERS!!!

Ok, i liked it, but i didnt love it. It took too long for me, and then the action was actually cut really short. I also couldnt get into Jenn and Antonio, maybe i just need to re-read the other two books but i feel like there was NO development in thier relationship. I mean WHY are they so in love...i didnt get it. I felt like a book was missing where we got to see their love bloom, or that maybe they would start to spend more time together, but there was nothing, in the entire series
Fabienne Gilbert
This book honestly sets you through the ringer. First you've got the team still grieving for Eriko, then you have Skye missing with her psycho ex, then Antonio is still a little evil, Holgar is being hunted by multiple packs and also Jenn's father is back in the picture. Dum dum durrrrh.

Since the majority of this book is spoiler central the rest of this review will be spoiler locked.
(view spoiler)
Sydnee
Nov 05, 2012 Sydnee rated it it was amazing
Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS. This was the best ending to a trilogy!!!!!!
There were so many surprises. I will admit I never though that Antonio would give in to his baser urges and actually bite Jen. Nor did I think that Jamie would confess his love for Skye.
In character development I'm very proud of Skye. I thought that girl was never going to come to terms with her feeling for Holger but true love did prevail. I will admit I did feel a bit bad for Jamie. First he lost Eri to
Mae
Okay, well I finally finished this trilogy and I do not know where to begin. Crusader was really good and had so much promise in it, that I was determined to read the other installments. Damned lower the star rating by a lot, it was simply a hot mess. Now, Vanquished. Vanquished was more than a hot mess, it was Judgement Day itself boiling in Hell's fire. Let me give you some examples (these examples are off the top of my head):

1) When Holgar punched her in the face. Jenn woke up and was like, "
Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews)
Detailed Review: * Start of the book, I was completely hooked! The book is split off with Team Salamanca and other characters from the book.

BOOK ONE - It starts off with Skye, a White Witch who has been captured by her ex, Estefan who is a Dark Witch. She convinces him by using memories of Holgar, the Danish werewolf and her. And next thing you know, Estefan goes crazy... He was totally jealous and Skye got away. Met her family, done that. But the saddest thing is that Skye's family threw her ou
Joti
Jul 09, 2013 Joti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Genre* YA Paranormal
Rating: 3.5-4

*Review*

Vanquished, written by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie, is the final installment in the Crusade series. If you haven’t already read the first two books in the series called Crusade and Damned respectfully, I would encourage you to do so before attempting to dive into this book. The series is complex in its creation, and there are a bunch of separate storylines that won’t make much sense to you unless you know the particular characters and nuances involved.
Jagged
Sep 08, 2012 Jagged rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry. In fact, at times it ripped me to shreds. Beautifully written. And I am truly sad to see the trilogy end. I was very attached to the characters in this story. The journey I was taken on touched me deeply. And for a vampire novel, I am impressed.
There was so much growing up done in these three books, for all of the characters. It was very inspiring. I was satisfied with the ending, though I wasn't sure if the last part was supposed to be humour or what. It actually just mad
Viola
Oct 29, 2015 Viola rated it liked it
Talk about rushing a whole book from start to end...that said, I loved the ending. I don't know why exactly, but I did. It was a fitting end for Jenn and Antonio, though I was a little scared for a bit about what would happen to my favorite characters, especially after Eri left. And my goodness, poor Skye. She was always being tormented, wasn't she?

Jamie's end was definitely unexpected...if not a bit ironic.

I'm super happy that all of the characters had 'endings' but I still get the same feeli
norcalgal
Sep 04, 2015 norcalgal rated it did not like it
Complete letdown of a series.

All series long, we're told Jenn is oh so special because she's thinks as an individual and that will be key to defeating the vampires, but this never pans out. Jenn didn't do anything extra special that any of the others couldn't do in the ultimate battle.

And of course there would be a HEA for Jenn and Antonio - a ridiculously contrived manner of achieving HEA to boot! [At least the authors didn't drag out the love triangle too long. And what a silly introduction TH
Kristen
Such an amazing end a really great trilogy. Though I hate how the last page was kind of a cliff hanger. But I loved the series and I wish it were more popular. I know people are probably straying from these books because the vampire theme is getting old, but these are very well written and deserve more readers.
Reading Teen
Amazing ending to a phenomenal series!
Gabby
Dec 07, 2015 Gabby rated it it was amazing
IT'S NECESSARY FOR THIS TO BE IN ALL CAPS. I WAS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY BY THIS BOOK, AND THE SERIES AS A WHOLE. IT'S BECOME MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE TRILOGY, AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE AND EVERYONE READS IT.

THE MAIN THING THAT I LOVED ABOUT THIS BOOK WAS THE ENDING. IT WAS PERFECT, TERRIFYING, MADE ME CRY, BEAUTIFUL, AND EVERY POSITIVE ADJECTIVE EVER.

I CRIED FOR FIVE MINUTES WHEN (view spoiler)

Diane Ferbrache
After the battle at Salamanca in Damned, the hunters have scattered to the four winds. Countries all over the globe have surrendered to the vampires, but there is still a very strong resistance organization consisting of werewolves, priests, witches, humans, and even a vampire priest. Young lovers have been separated by distance, and some have been captured and tortured by the Cursed Ones (the vamps). While the hunters are plotting their attack, the vampires are cooking up a virus to release on ...more
ephrielle
Jan 08, 2013 ephrielle rated it really liked it
I definitely loved the portion of the book where Jenn's grandmother tells Antonio off. He has been moaning and complaining about his lot for many pages. She puts him in his place not a moment too soon. I envy her this moment. Even Father Juan got on board and tried to pull him out of his self induced confinement. I have encountered many similar characters in my reading. I often wish I could smack a little 'so what' sense into them. Do something, anything just make a decision.

Loved the ending or
Sophie
In some ways I liked this book best out of the trilogy - there's a fair amount of action, and it feels directed and not aimless, unlike the first two. Also, Jenn sucks a lot less. She comes into her role as a leader and is so less annoying.

Still though, the plot overall was on the confusing side and seemed to leave a lot of things out. How did all the warriors manage to gather in Transylvania for the big battle? Given previous descriptions of travel, it would seem rather hard for people all ove
Jessica (a GREAT read)
It's been ages since I read the last book in Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie's Crusade trilogy, I read it as an ARC in 2011, so it's been a really long time! No matter, after a few bumps in the road I was able to get back on track with Vanquished.

So much has happened to Jenn and her team that it's impossible to sum it all up now, even with my poor memory! This time around, Jenn is still hurting from Antonio's actions, he went to the "dark side" and was able to come back to himself, but there's a
Carmen Terronez
Sep 29, 2012 Carmen Terronez rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Vanquished the last in the Crusade Trilogy. Jenn is the new Hunter of the Salamancas after Eriko was killed in the last book. Antonio is still a Vampire and is battling the monster inside him more than ever and his love for Jenn. Father Juan has cast the runes hundreds of times and is certain that Jenn and Antonio can and will be together if Jenn can finally lead, let go of her anger and love completely. It is also up to Antonio to let go of the monster within, believe in himself and h ...more
Kelli
This book was another case of hate that its over but loved the ending! This was an amazing end to a great trilogy. Want vampire books done well? Read the Crusade books. They will not disappoint. Unless you only like cutesy sparkly vampires. Then you might be disappointed.

this book picks up right where the last book left off. The Battle of Salamanca just ended and Skye is the prisoner of her dreaded ex. Antonio is trying (and failing) to come to terms with what he did while his humanity was taken
Jenny
Jan 13, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
This was a thrill ride of a novel! I've always loved this series, and I finally got to finish the series! I was not disappointed with the finale in the least. It completely lived up to my expectations!

The beginning of the book starts off so dark and hopeless. One of the team members of Team Salamanca is dead, another is missing, Antonio is fighting his blood lust, and Jenn is reeling from what happened to Antonio. The only member at all who seems to think they can recover from this and be triump
Becky
Aug 06, 2015 Becky rated it really liked it
I didn't expect the ending to come together like it did. Without giving anything away, I would say that this trilogy is easier described as one of those "better by the book" trilogies. Book one was decent enough that I wanted to know more. Book two held my attention and book three was the best of all. I'm still not crazy about the different things mashed together (magic and prayer done together...praying to God and to other false things). I guess it just shows diversity. It's safe to say there i ...more
Emmalynn Herbstritt
Jul 21, 2014 Emmalynn Herbstritt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I know that on the other books I did not comment on the book, it was just that I was super tired and did not want to do it right then and there. So to sum up the series, it was amazing! If you like mystical creatures like werewolves, vampires, witches, angels, ect., I would read this series. Also if you like romance, mystery, and action/adventure.
Now for Vanquished, I predicted some things and they came true, but how/when/why kind of caught me off guard. It made the story much more entertaining
Joselyn Ramos
May 01, 2014 Joselyn Ramos rated it it was amazing
yeyeyeyeyqshfHADgfUAKfIOAHFWOLBZCGSBL;XFGG. This book is the perfect ending love it. Could not change anything is was all good. Jenna and Antonio yeeee all i am sayin. I am happy also about how the characters got to grow and unite together, and how they learn to accept who they where. In addition how they forgive themself and others. Love that at the end they all became a big family. Happy that at the end all there wishes and dream came true.
Erica Smith
Mar 25, 2013 Erica Smith rated it it was amazing
*Tears*

As Team Salamanca and their fight draws to a close. A number of things are going on emotionally and visually and so here are the basic movements in the book:

1. Jenn Leitner, the new leader of her team still hasn't forgiven her father for betraying her and her sister.

2. Father Juan is holding the secret to his identity and so far he and Esther(Jenn's grandma) has gotten closer.

3. Antonio is at war with his love for Jenn and the love he has for God. However, Noah loves Jenn too and is wou
Christine
Dec 27, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
***Spoilers Ahead***

Okay, first off...WHATS WITH THE ENDING??? What caused Father Juan to revive??? I really need to know.

This book is so great, so full of action, and I just could not put it down. It did not disappoint...the "final" books by these authors are so thrilling and emotional. I am glad it ended the way it did (plus, my favorite couple Holgar and Skye were able to be together, and that made everything so much better...)
Cristy
Mar 30, 2015 Cristy rated it it was ok
Very mediocre series, that lacked creativity and originality. Basically, teen vampires, ware wolves, witches and slayer..yep we've seen it all before and sadly much better. I didn't hate the characters (like I said, just not very original ), but main character and slayer, Jen's whining internal dialog was nearly too much to take.
Jenn
I thought that this ended the series fairly well. I liked everything leading to the final battle. So much happened to these group of characters and they grew so much throughout the series. Defeating evil exes, finding love with an unexpected person, overcoming old hatred, and figuring out one's strengths. What happened with Jenn and Antonio near the end was kinda surprising to me. I found it to be different and interesting.

I found the finally battle to be an epic one. I found myself to be at th
BookLoversLife
Oct 30, 2012 BookLoversLife rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Brilliant end to a phenomenal series!! Loved it. The battle scenes were epic and all I can say is if you havent read this series you are missing out!
Vanquished was an amazing ending to the Crusade series. I cried so much and my heart broke but it was worth it. The authors finished it perfectly. All the characters come into their own with one surprise (Jamie)and some losses. I loved how the book has so many different characters and things happening and the way they all come together in the end.
I
Aydrea
Sep 03, 2012 Aydrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
Wow that was a nailbiter! To be honest I wasn't really sure what was going to happen & I was on the edge of my seat most of the time. I was satisfied with that ending, even though there was a lot of pain & heartbreak to get there. Team Salamanca is pretty freaking strong & there were some interesting reveals along the way. That epilogue left me wondering though!

Jenn & Antonio, as well as the other characters, had to go through a lot & it was kind of amazing to see them get pa
Jan 08, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fitting end but the multiple POV thing still grated unfortunately :( HOLGAR THOUGH!
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Almost Everything (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #3)
  • Blood Ties Bundle (Blood Ties)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • Blood-Kissed Sky (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #2)
  • Destiny (Immortal, #4)
  • Poison (Legacy, #2)
  • Into the Garden (Poison Diaries, #3)
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Soul Bound (Blood Coven Vampire, #7)
  • Anastasia Forever (Dreaming Anastasia, #3)
  • Kiss of Death (Kiss Trilogy, #2)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Shards of the Mind (The Ta'e'sha Chronicles, #2)
Nancy Holder, New York Times Bestselling author of the WICKED Series, has just published CRUSADE - the first book in a new vampire series cowritten with Debbie Viguie. The last book her her Possession series is set to release in March 2011.

Nancy was born in Los Altos, California, and her family settled for a time in Walnut Creek. Her father, who taught at Stanford, joined the navy and the family t
More about Nancy Holder...

Crusade (3 books)
  • Crusade (Crusade, #1)
  • Damned (Crusade, #2)

“I hear it" Antonio whispered. "I hear you wanting. That's your heart. That's life. That's being alive.” 6 likes
“Maybe it was true that the more things changed, the more they stayed the same.” 5 likes