Start by marking “Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)” as Want to Read:
Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)

Brianna (Celestial Passions #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,406 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Book 1 in the Celestial Passions series Brianna did what any other decent human being would do-rescue a pair of aliens her boss was about to dissect, and get them back to their space ship. In the process, she was captured by an alien scientist and became a experiment herself-a sexual experiment. Captain Alalakan don al' Chardadon was not about to let Dr. Rodak don al' Bako ...more
Published 2004 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Brianna, please sign up.

Alison Patten There is no threesomes in this book. I've read this 3 times now it's a light fun read. There is a slight amount of anal, but it's easily…moreThere is no threesomes in this book. I've read this 3 times now it's a light fun read. There is a slight amount of anal, but it's easily skimmed/skipped. It's slightly annoying how the main character endears herself so quickly with just about every alien she meets but other than that the author highlights the different cultures well and I enjoy it every time. I also read one of the sequels it the series Sheala and liked it too there's a bit of overlap w this one. My only complaint for that book is how the talk about recovery from rape, like how quickly one should recover on or "she wasn't held captive for as long as the other girl, why is it taking so long to recover?" But it's a romance novel, so time is supposed to move faster.(less)
Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonDemon Possession by Kiersten FayHunted by Evangeline AndersonBurning Up Flint by Laurann Dohner
Best Erotic Scifi Romance
53rd out of 535 books — 940 voters
Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonGrim by M.K. EidemHunted by Evangeline AndersonBerrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner
Mars Needs Women Trope
48th out of 320 books — 379 voters

More lists with this book...

Renee
After a rocky start, this was an awesome book - stayed up until 1:30 this morning to finish! I'm not a big fan of uber-short scenes trying to get in everyone's POV - makes for a popcorn effect for the reader, bouncing around from person to person. There were moments in Brianna's POV when the aliens had entire conversations, followed by a notation that she didn't understand a word that was just said. Anytime the reader knows more than the character, that's a weakness.

But once it smoothed out and
For some reason I find myself repeatedly brought back to this book. I love the characters and the whole feel of the world the author creates. Judy Mays covers a lot of little things that would usually annoy me in a scifi universe. There is no instant travel between worlds, the cultures you meet aren't ridiculously overdeveloped, and for once an author lets you know that the language barrier is an issue but comes up with a plausible way around it. Brianna's adaptibilty is a little questionable wh ...more
Nathalia
I simply cannot read this anymore; this novel was just too monotonous for my tastes. After reaching the halfway point, there was absolutely nothing that compelled me to continue reading.

For the first ten percent of the novel, I felt that the beginning was quite was strong. I was vastly intrigued at the alien encounter and wanted to know how well the main character would deal with her predicament. However, the amount of sex scenes just ended up being way too much and happened far too often! Was
J.A. Saare
I've always enjoyed sci-fi/fantasy erotic romance and Brianna delivers. Perfect reading (or I think so) when you're preparing a Thanksgiving meal and/or traveling to visit family.

As a side note: This is a current free read from Ellora's Cave that I picked up. If you're curious about the book I'd recommend swinging by EC (all formats are available) or Amazon (I'm not sure about B & N, since I don't have a NOOK) and snagging your own copy.

I'm anxious to read the next book in the series to disc
Cogito_ergo_sum
1.5 stars.

The plot would have been good if it was tighter and cleaned up. As it was, there were too many scenes that felt like fillers. They dragged the story and did nothing to further the plot along. The plot needs more planning and more defining goals and problems.
After the halfway point, the book was just about sex. The plot seemed to have disappeared until near the very end.

The characters were okay. I saw very little character development though. The dialogue was tedious and boring. I found
Anino
I absolutely loved this tale of "out of this world" love and lust.. Although it has it's quirks (minor lagging and flow), it's a worthwhile read full of spunk and "creative" eroticism (the scenes with the alien's tail were truly the work of an artist with a wild imagination)... Other than that, the price point for this ebook was over the top, but thankfully, one of my fellow "Fans of Interracial Romance" group members was kind enough to loan it to me.

Giving this one 3 solid stars.
Mara
The very good thing about this story? I could not stop laughing.

Clearly, Ms Mays loves her hentai, too. And it even has a plot! :)

Note: usual lack of editing (EC imprint) makes a couple of scenes difficult to understand.
T00zday
Meh, not bad. Filler reading material. Plot= so-so, characters= a little 2D for my taste.
Sex scenes weren't bad, but they weren't "inspiring" if ya smell what I'm cookin.
So kinda interesting, but the synopsis is a bit misleading. When it says that the Doctor wants Brianna so that he can preform sexual experiments on her it doesn't mention that these experiments are more torture than anything else. So yeah, you get taken to kind-of a dark place right off the bat and it gets a bit darker the more you learn about the guy. Over all I really liked Brianna's character, she's strong and a bit of a go-getter, but things come to her almost to easily. She goes from being ...more
Starry
Dianne
Brianna (Celestial Passions) by Judy Mays FREE!

This book surprised me. It was a free book and I usually don’t expect much from freebies What I didn’t notice was that this is an Ellora’s Cave publication and I’ve come to expect decent erotica from them. Ellora’s Cave books generally have good editing and decent story lines and most times a plot too! .
This book has everything I love in an erotica, although the level of heat in this book makes it somewhat more like a strong in sexual content cont
Charlene
I didn't let the terrible cover dissuade me from trying a new author. Judy Mays did a great job of world building while writing a steamy erotic novel-balancing the romance and fantasy/sci-fi genres requires skill. If the undertaking was easy, we would all find many more great PNRs.

We get not just one alien world, but a whole "federation of planets" (apologies to all the Trek fans) populated with physically and culturally diverse inhabitants. Space travel is travel-it takes time in this world and
Chelsea
Kelly
This was a nice book to spend the day with. It was sexy. It was set in space (on a spaceship and a few distant planets, no less). It had aliens WITH TAILS. Win/win/win. You guys do know that I'm partial to sexy sci-fi,. right? True story. I adore it. This book absolutely hit the spot. Absolutely.

Char has that whole dominant male thing going for him (love it!) but Brianna is more than able to keep up with him. She's got a bit of a temper and she's not afraid to show it. I liked that. I liked the
Omega696
I really liked this book. So why only 3 stars? Because of Brianna.
Don't get me wrong, she was a strong and funny character. I liked her. The problem was, she was Mary Sue. But I guess reading the book with such a character is ok, so I'm not going to elaborate.

Char was a great guy. I'd also like to know more about Ban. There are more parts to this story so I will take a look later if there is his story written already. I absolutely loved the Princess and all the cat-like alien warriors.
Jeanine Joy
I took this with me on a Med. vacation to use just as a time filler but I could not put it down -- I read all day one day until I finished this book. If I had internet access I would have immediately downloaded another.

Great story, fun and unique twists and turns coupled with very sensual and sexy interactions between a couple who have a relationship with one another.

I am a huge Mercedes Lackey fan and believe I may have found another favorite author.
Glynnis
*Hangs head in shame*

This book was pretty awful, but almost so awful it was entertaining. Basically, Brianna is a really horrible woman who somehow has managed to make everyone in the universe believe that her rude, catty behavior is "fiery." Bitchiness does not = spunk.

Choice quotes:

"He shrugged eloquently." Really?

"Brianna's chin lifted and her eyes narrowed. 'You better mean what you say, Char, or I'll make your life a living hell.'" (Ah yes, a very healthy relationship dynamic we have going
Phuong Ta
When I first got this book, I thought, ok alien sex...how cornier can this get? But since it was a free kindle, I thought why not? I have to admit I'm not an erotica reader, this book had more depth than I gave it credit for! I was pleasantly surprised that after awhile, all the low budget sounding actors weren't so bad after all. Further more, the people from different planets were interesting and you couldn't help but love Brianna's spunk and intelligence.

All in all not a bad book. Just a few
Carolyn F.
Brianna is helping two aliens escape dissection and ends up on their spaceship because her former colleagues are shooting at her. But when she gets on the ship, the aliens also have their own mad scientist. The only thing to save her is become the wife of the captain. Char will marry her to save her and then end the marriage down the road. That's what he thinks!

I liked that Brianna was given to futile fighting. I didn't like that her being rude and quick tempered made everyone like and admire he
Carole-Ann
Silly aliens abducting a human woman to have sex with. I often wonder if the author writes these sort of things with tongue-in-cheek?? Totally unrealistic, funny, and hot (in the sex department) :)
Andrea
The writing may not be the best, but I loved this book! It's a fun adventure and unique world building. Definitely erotica, but with a good story. I reread this one often.
Beckey
Interesting story...
Brianna rescues 2 aliens, only to find herself securely hidden from an alien scientist... Captain of the ship rescues her from his clutches...
There is more to this story but if I say anymore then spoilers will be written

I was introduced to writings of the author Judy while watching the late night news when she was in trouble with the local school board. It possibly that she was endanger of losing her job as a high school English teacher due to writing erotica books... The onl
GCB-LovesGoodBooks
3.5 rating

This was a good read for me on a cloudy dreary day. Alien captures Earth girl and then we follow with her adventures. The world building was very nice. But they were very many characters with really long names towards the last half of the book. But I knew who they were which is saying much. The middle was a little slow but it picked up.

There are some sex scenes but it was not over the top (so I skimmed them *laughs*) but seriously the scenes were of two adults having a relationship.

I e
Anna
DNF. Could not bring myself to read more than about 10% of this book. The story telling is poor and not engaging at all.
Delaney  Burton
I really enjoyed this book. I loved how Brianna stayed strong and still found love and a happy life even though she could have found herself in a bad place. Loved reading about the other planets and the way their people looked. Really enjoyed Char and Ban and the back and forth between them. These are just a few of the reasons I liked this book. I just really enjoyed it, I know I already said that but that's about all I got for a review...lol Would definitely recommend giving it a try!!! And I c ...more
L.D.
After news about Judy Mays came to light I was interested to read one of her creations!! In the picture came "Brianna" a free e-book from Amazon. I'm glad I took a chance. Brianna is a strong female protagonist who responds in like fashion in what she believes in. She goes from Earth as a prisoner to end up as Royalty on an Alien Planet. What happens between the beginning to the end is for you to discover as I did. This is not my usual fare, but I very much enjoyed the story line. Take a chance ...more
Joseph
A bad guy everyone loves to hate, and the gorgeous heroine, everybody and most, if not all, species admire, including her cunning husband. What's not to like?

Well, how about having a nasty attitude supposedly based on her red hair, but seems rather to be pure SAM?

A fun romp, even if it did remind me a bit of Saturday matinee Gene Autry/Flash Gordon serial movies, but with sex scenes I would have loved to see as a teen.

It is easy to enjoy this saga. And, I will read more of this series of Cele
Lauren
Downloaded this book for free on my Kindle Fire, and after a very confusing beginning, Judy Mays really came through with flowing writing and a great story! I love paranormal/fantasy novels, and this book quickly became one of my favorites. the characters are introduced with clear detail and the story drags you in. I couldn't but this book down! Every scene was vividly described, something I few as very important in any novel or story. Besides the first few chapters, it was a fun, engaging read. ...more
NaiaraGarmen
i love it! this new worlds are so special!!!
Tamara
I can't wait to read the next book.
Celestial Passions Series 1 9 Nov 06, 2014 10:38AM
  • Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • Alien Overnight (Aliens Overnight, #1)
  • Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #3)
  • Initiation (Xylon Warriors #1)
  • Starkissed
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Ja-Rael's Lioness
  • Captive Surrender
  • Femme Metal (Femme Metal, #1)
  • Captured
  • Belle Starr
  • The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
  • Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght (Orion, #1)
  • The Empress' New Clothes (Trek Mi Q'an, #1)
  • Talson's Wait (Talson Temptations, #1)
  • Dance of the Seven Veils (Dance, #1)
  • Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1)

Celestial Passions (3 books)
  • Sheala (Celestial Passions, #2)
  • Beti (Celestial Passions, #4)
Sheala (Celestial Passions, #2) Perfumed Heat (Heat, # 1) In The Heat of the Night (Heat, #2) Meri (Celestial Passions, #3) A Midsummer Night's Heat (Heat, #3)