Start by marking “Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead” as Want to Read:
Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead

Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A remote mountain town is isolated by a snowstorm as an ancient evil, gone pandemic, turns the residents into the living dead. Almost overnight the town becomes a snowy tomb of the roaming, hungry infected. Stranded by the weather, hiding, a small group of survivors follows the progress of the disease as society around them and around the world begins to break down. Determ ...more
Published June 26th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead

Erica
While this is a typical "zombie apocalypse run for your lives you are probably going to die anyway" zombie book, I really enjoyed it. It was a fast paced read that took me less than a day to finish. Everybody has a different story/memory of where they were when disaster struck and how they made it through. This is no different. The main character is a mother in the middle of a divorce from a distant husband. Her children are staying at their grandparents for a few days and we open up in the stor ...more
Randy Harmelink
It's now 4 am and I just finished the book. Once I started, I just couldn't put it down. Overall, just a run-of-the-mill zombie apocalypse story, but I found it very easy to read and couldn't go to bed wondering what would happen next.

Although it slowed down the story a bit, the historical background information was interesting and somewhat unique as far as zombie apocalypse stories go.

One drawback is that the ending seemed a bit abrupt
Jessica
I was thoroughly enjoying this read until the ending. Truly, the author must have had too many different directions he/she was thinking about taking this and couldn't decide so the book simply ended. Hence why I'd give it 4 stars (ie - I LIKED IT) but can only give it 3 (ie - IT'S OK).

I enjoyed the story and the main characters and I really loved hating the character of Larry (the anti-hero in every sense). The story line was good but towards the end the author began hinting at things that weren
Marc Murison
Well done. It's a zombie apocalypse tale, but much better than most -- a good read regardless of genre. 4.5 stars.
Samantha
I borrowed this book from Amazon, but realized shortly thereafter I had the wrong book. Never the less, I read it quickly and easily as the book is short and to the point. Not a lot of fluff in terms of character descriptions, motivations and other nonsense like that. The ending seemed rushed, as well as eye-rollingly stupid. Whatever, this book gave me a cheap zombie fix and for that it earns 2 stars.

Kristen
Interesting read. I enjoyed that she goes back and shows you where the virus of "zombies" comes from. Pretty gruesome and quite disturbing. I must stop reading these books before bed, worst dreams ever! It is scary reading these to see how quickly the world shuts down, scary creepy thought.
Elizabeth
Well-paced and hard to put down.

A number of people suggested an abrupt ending - there may have been a re-write, because although the ending is abrupt, it's a cliffhanger. Hopefully it will be resolved in the sequel, which I'm reading now.
Lynne Premo
For what it was, this book wasn't bad. If I'm paying $3 for a self-published ebook about zombies, generally I don't expect much. I got a faint whiff of moralizing at the end that I didn't care for, but altogether an entertaining read.
David Donaghe
In Contagion a mother struggles to get to her children who are with her mother in law in the mountains when the plague breaks out. The dead are walking and hungry for human flesh. I found it to be an entertaining read.
Linda
Dec 27, 2011 Linda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young adullts and older and zombie lovers
Recommended to Linda by: zombie lover
What a frightening scene to be separated from you children during a Zombie out break . The stress of not knowing if your children are safe but also learning to shoot a gun and kill. And the end is a real kicker.
Luis Peluffo
Good book - until the ending that is. A pitty though since it was well written and gripping. Maybe the author is planning a sequel and in that context it would work.
However, I can still recommend the book.
Jeanne Golden-burke

I enjoyed the storyline and was not bored at all. Typical Zombie storyline with a few new twists.
Nicole
It's a fast read but the ending, as a whole, is too abrupt and leaves several sub plots unresolved.
Kathy
I read this book twice, it keeped me on my toes. A great apocalypse story, well written.
Kim Reed
I apparently read this book and I have zero memory of it.
Visago
Fast paced and fairly original origin for the infection.
Hope York
This book freaked me out! Great read.
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 20, 2015
Erinn spielberger
Erinn spielberger marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • After (The Phoenix Curse, #1)
  • The Boat
  • Season of the Dead
  • 900 Miles (900 Miles #1)
  • Safari (Mountain Man, #2)
  • The Reawakening
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • LZR-1143: Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • With Spring Comes the Fall (Living with the Dead, #1)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Bad Blood (Double Dead, #1.5)
  • Starers
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • Affliction Z: Patient Zero
  • Left with the Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1.5)
  • Containment (Alaskan Undead Apocalypse, #2)
  • After Life
World Without End: A Novel of the Living Dead Dead Coast: A Novel of the Living Dead A Haunting