Start by marking “Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead” as Want to Read:
Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead

Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  224 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A remote mountain town is isolated by a snowstorm as an ancient evil, gone pandemic, turns the residents into the living dead. Almost overnight the town becomes a snowy tomb of the roaming, hungry infected. Stranded by the weather, hiding, a small group of survivors follows the progress of the disease as society around them and around the world begins to break down. Determ ...more
Published June 26th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contagion A Novel of The Living Dead

Erica
Apr 23, 2012 Erica rated it liked it
While this is a typical "zombie apocalypse run for your lives you are probably going to die anyway" zombie book, I really enjoyed it. It was a fast paced read that took me less than a day to finish. Everybody has a different story/memory of where they were when disaster struck and how they made it through. This is no different. The main character is a mother in the middle of a divorce from a distant husband. Her children are staying at their grandparents for a few days and we open up in the stor ...more
Randy Harmelink
Sep 14, 2012 Randy Harmelink rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
It's now 4 am and I just finished the book. Once I started, I just couldn't put it down. Overall, just a run-of-the-mill zombie apocalypse story, but I found it very easy to read and couldn't go to bed wondering what would happen next.

Although it slowed down the story a bit, the historical background information was interesting and somewhat unique as far as zombie apocalypse stories go.

One drawback is that the ending seemed a bit abrupt
Jessica
Jan 17, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies
I was thoroughly enjoying this read until the ending. Truly, the author must have had too many different directions he/she was thinking about taking this and couldn't decide so the book simply ended. Hence why I'd give it 4 stars (ie - I LIKED IT) but can only give it 3 (ie - IT'S OK).

I enjoyed the story and the main characters and I really loved hating the character of Larry (the anti-hero in every sense). The story line was good but towards the end the author began hinting at things that weren
Marc Murison
Mar 09, 2014 Marc Murison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well done. It's a zombie apocalypse tale, but much better than most -- a good read regardless of genre. 4.5 stars.
Samantha
Oct 25, 2012 Samantha rated it it was ok
Shelves: zombies, dystopian, horror
I borrowed this book from Amazon, but realized shortly thereafter I had the wrong book. Never the less, I read it quickly and easily as the book is short and to the point. Not a lot of fluff in terms of character descriptions, motivations and other nonsense like that. The ending seemed rushed, as well as eye-rollingly stupid. Whatever, this book gave me a cheap zombie fix and for that it earns 2 stars.

Kristen
Aug 21, 2013 Kristen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2013
Interesting read. I enjoyed that she goes back and shows you where the virus of "zombies" comes from. Pretty gruesome and quite disturbing. I must stop reading these books before bed, worst dreams ever! It is scary reading these to see how quickly the world shuts down, scary creepy thought.
Elizabeth
May 01, 2013 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Well-paced and hard to put down.

A number of people suggested an abrupt ending - there may have been a re-write, because although the ending is abrupt, it's a cliffhanger. Hopefully it will be resolved in the sequel, which I'm reading now.
Lynne Premo
Jun 09, 2012 Lynne Premo rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies, appalachia
For what it was, this book wasn't bad. If I'm paying $3 for a self-published ebook about zombies, generally I don't expect much. I got a faint whiff of moralizing at the end that I didn't care for, but altogether an entertaining read.
David Donaghe
Dec 29, 2011 David Donaghe rated it really liked it
In Contagion a mother struggles to get to her children who are with her mother in law in the mountains when the plague breaks out. The dead are walking and hungry for human flesh. I found it to be an entertaining read.
Linda
Dec 27, 2011 Linda rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young adullts and older and zombie lovers
Recommended to Linda by: zombie lover
What a frightening scene to be separated from you children during a Zombie out break . The stress of not knowing if your children are safe but also learning to shoot a gun and kill. And the end is a real kicker.
Luis Peluffo
Sep 14, 2013 Luis Peluffo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book - until the ending that is. A pitty though since it was well written and gripping. Maybe the author is planning a sequel and in that context it would work.
However, I can still recommend the book.
Jeanne Golden-burke
Jul 24, 2012 Jeanne Golden-burke rated it really liked it

I enjoyed the storyline and was not bored at all. Typical Zombie storyline with a few new twists.
Nicole
Dec 25, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it
It's a fast read but the ending, as a whole, is too abrupt and leaves several sub plots unresolved.
Kathy
Oct 29, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book twice, it keeped me on my toes. A great apocalypse story, well written.
Kim Reed
May 14, 2013 Kim Reed rated it liked it
I apparently read this book and I have zero memory of it.
Visago
Feb 06, 2013 Visago rated it really liked it
Fast paced and fairly original origin for the infection.
Hope York
This book freaked me out! Great read.
Canda
Jan 09, 2013 Canda rated it did not like it
blah
James Bauer
James Bauer marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Deb Asselanis
Deb Asselanis marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Jennifer Staley
Jennifer Staley is currently reading it
May 03, 2016
Vicky
Vicky rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Tawny
Tawny marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Michael Mclendon
Michael Mclendon marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Linda Connors
Linda Connors rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Laurence
Laurence rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Ed Sullivan
Ed Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Season of the Dead
  • The Reawakening
  • The Boat
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • 900 Miles (900 Miles #1)
  • After (The Phoenix Curse, #1)
  • Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • Safari (Mountain Man, #2)
  • Containment (Alaskan Undead Apocalypse, #2)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Bad Blood (Double Dead, #1.5)
  • With Spring Comes the Fall (Living with the Dead, #1)
  • Reign of the Dead
  • The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead, #3)
  • The Wind Through the Fence
  • Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #1)