Start by marking “I Saw Gooley Fly” as Want to Read:
I Saw Gooley Fly
Joseph Bayly

I Saw Gooley Fly

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  6 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews

To ask other readers questions about I Saw Gooley Fly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Saw Gooley Fly

Apr 28, 2015 Jo rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, adult
The concept of a book of parables is interesting. Bayly explains in his afterward that he views a parable as “a story on target, set to shatter any listener who gets in its way.” The idea seems to be that the stories are entertaining in their own right, but have the added potential of hitting you where you need it.

If you’re like me, you read a book like this searching for the “moral” of each story. When you can’t find it you’re left scratching your head and a bit perturbed; I’m pretty sure that
Andy Scott
Apr 15, 2015 Andy Scott rated it liked it
I Saw Gooley Fly is a series of short stories written by Joseph Bayly. The first story is about a man named Herb Gooley who can literally fly. Others include thoughts about the coming of Christ to earth, and another about the murder investigation of a parakeet. The stories are intended to be symbolic or parable-like, likely provoking thought in the reader.

These stories were interesting, some more than others, but most don't have much of a climax or resolution. My favorite was the story associate
Dean Anderson
Dec 10, 2012 Dean Anderson rated it it was amazing
You can also find these stories repackaged under the title, "How Silently, How Silently". You can also find many of these stories in some editions of "The Gospel Blimp and Other Stories". Wonderful parables, seek them out in some form or another.
Steven Rayesky
Steven Rayesky marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Ben Biddle
Ben Biddle rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Rue rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Tori added it
Jul 05, 2013
Jim rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2012