Start by marking “The Gift of Angels” as Want to Read:
The Gift of Angels

The Gift of Angels

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Angela Thornberry is facing the greatest challenge of her life. All around her people talk about miracles happening to them and how God acts in their behalf. Even the scriptures are full of angels and miracles. As she and her family teeter on the brink of losing everything, Angela needs one of those angels now more than ever.

Her faith wavers as everyone around her seems to
Published June 21st 2011 by White Star Press (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift of Angels

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is a quick read because it's a very short book. I polished it off in one sitting. It was a book with very real emotion and will probably hit home for many people as it deals with cancer, chemo treatments and coming to terms with life and death through the Lord's help. This is the story of so many people. I have a hard time with books like this just because they are real life and it's what we all live every day. I guess I prefer to be taken away from the hard things of real life when I read. ...more
Susan Brandley
First of all, this book is very short. At first this book is very depressing, but the more I read, it became very spiritual and left me with a good feeling. I would recommend this book to someone who has a terminal illness or is very sick.
Elaine
Within these pages are several nuggets of inspirational truths especially helpful when you're finding it difficult to understand suffering.
Maegan
This was an okay little book. Found the ebook for free on amazon, so thought I'd give it a read. Has a good message, hits close to home after having lost an aunt to cancer a month ago.
Lisa
This well-written, brief book is a reminder of a valuable perspective--not looking back on your previous life (before a crisis or other huge transition) as the ideal, but making the most of the life you have now, with the "door of your tent" facing toward the word of God. I'm not sure who would be the best audience for this book. For someone in the depths of crisis, it might seem too easy, althought the author has worked hard to show how difficult it is to gain this perspective. As someone who h ...more
Nancy
A good story about dealing with life's difficulties.
Melissa
How 'bout 2 1/2 stars. It was fine. It was a quick read with some interesting ideas that got me thinking. I always like that. Having just watched a close friend go through cancer treatments it irritated me a bit that the main character had so few problems with therapy, but I imagine it could be some people's experience. I did like that the heroine did not have a perfect attitude all the time and her family seemed realistic to me. The book was a quick and thoughtful read.
Susan
It gave me some things to think about!
Shannon
This is hard core, often preachy LDS fiction. That's not to say that it doesn't have some decent points. I think a lot of us go through things that make us question our faith. That's OK, and I appreciate that notion.

What I didn't like as much is how easily it all came together in the end for her. This book is short, and I think making her change to embracing faith could have been fleshed out a little more.
Anna
I did not like this book at the start. The main character is so angry and frustratingly (although understandably) spiritually blind. I only kept going because it is so very short, and I am so glad that I did! In the end a beautifully uplifting story even though you don't know at the end of the book where exactly her life was going to go, there is hope for the ultimate end of her story whichever way things turn.
Pam
This is a quick read (2-3 nights) but a nice, clean story with a wonderful meaning to it. It is about family drawing closer to each another as they go through a trial. I especially loved the optimism in the husband and wife and finding angels in the people around them.
Jackie
I thought this was a great book. The reactions to something so traumatizing were well written. I would recommend it to anyone who might be facing a trial in their own life.
Michelle
This is a fast and easy to read. It was story full of hope and optimism where a family grows closer to each other while the mother endures cancer.
Cara
Quick easy read with a good message. I read this on a day I was fasting for my friend's sister with cancer, very applicable and full of hope.
Marissa
This book was ok. I think I was hoping for a little more depth. Maybe if it had been longer. It was a quick read and enjoyable enough.
Shirley
I've been advised that as a published author, it is not necessarily appropriate for me to review other books or authors.
Louise Van Der Leek
Read this one in a sitting from cover to cover. Great book!
Jodie
Good book to help bring strength to anyone's testimony.
Jennifer Farr
Very easy, quick read that made me cry.
Karijean31
very touching story
Rose Tudor
Rose Tudor marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Victoria Best
Victoria Best marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
  • Sheep's Clothing
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch Series) (Volume 1)
  • Prince Tennyson
  • The Makeover of James Orville Wickenbee
  • What's On the Other Side? What the Gospel Teaches Us about the Spirit World
  • The Broken Road (Alpine, #3)
  • The Orchard
  • Smart Move
  • Cross My Heart
  • A Love Like Lilly
  • Your Happily Ever After
  • In the Valley of the Mountains (Shadows of Brierley, #4)
  • How to Stuff a Wild Zucchini
  • The Enoch Letters
  • My Lucky Stars
  • Love Finds You in Amana, Iowa
21980
Rachel Ann Nunes (pronounced noon-esh) learned to read when she was four and by seventh grade knew she was going to be an author. Now as a stay-at-home mother of seven, it isn't easy to find time to write, but she will trade washing dishes or weeding the garden for an hour at the computer any day! Her only rule about writing is to never eat chocolate at the computer. "Since I love chocolate and wr ...more
More about Rachel Ann Nunes...
Ariana: The Making of a Queen (Ariana, #1) Daughter of a King Ariana: A Gift Most Precious (Ariana, #2) Ariana: A New Beginning (Ariana, #3) Winter Fire

“Don’t look behind you. You have to trust in the Lord and hear what He’s trying to tell you. What He’s trying to teach you.” 0 likes