Start by marking “The Crystal Warriors (Crystal, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Crystal Warriors (Crystal, #1)

The Crystal Warriors (Crystal #1)

Crystal Warriors
William R. Forstchen
Published April 1st 1991 by Avon Books (first published December 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Crystal Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crystal Warriors

Kelex
Jun 13, 2016 Kelex rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
The Crystal Warriors, and its sequel, Crystal Sorcerers, were bargain bin specials that I picked up strictly on the strength of their cover art. I was not disappointed.

While the story is rather predictable (opposing sides pulled through to a new dimension and must work together or die) there are enough differences from the formula to make it interesting to read. The characters and the new world of Haven are both fleshed out in ways that introduces the readers to everything at the same time the
Myles
Jan 15, 2011 Myles rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, historish
What the hell was this book? I remember it coming in a big lot of other fantasy books I was given at the time and this one just demanding my attention. Out of that vast lot, 8 or 9 boxes worth (jackpot!) something drew me into the book...probably the ridiculous cover art. Just look at it...take your time. Let it sink in.

OK. So I had to figure out what was going on, and what the book turned out to be was a pretty tame tale of a group of Japanese and American soldiers who get pulled into this worl
Christine
Jun 09, 2016 Christine rated it really liked it
This one gets four stars mostly on the merit of having completely captivated me as a teenager. Drawn through a portal into a world where you can do anything simply by thinking about? Yes, please! In reality, the plot is completely predictable, the characters are pretty much all men, and it's cheesy as all hell. But for some reason I loved it. I even went so far as to start highlighting things in the book (for what reason, I can't remember) and making notes in the margin. In any case - hokey, sem ...more
Pat
Jan 11, 2016 Pat rated it really liked it
A perfectly adequate book in terms of writing. Very interesting setting, decently developed characters. I read it largely for the premise and setting, and was not disappointed.

Dialogue and plot are admittedly a bit meh, but in my opinion, the strength of the setting made up for it. Wish Forstchen had made a third one.
Bryan457
A group of American soldiers are being chased by some Japanese soldiers somewhere in China during World War Two. They stumble across an ancient temple, and both the Americans and the Japanese are pulled through to another world.

This is one of my favorite books where the protagonists are transported from our world to a world of gods and magic.

Jj
Jj rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Christopher Bradshaw
Christopher Bradshaw rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
Mark Stone
Mark Stone rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2011
William Power
William Power rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Ricardo Centeno
Ricardo Centeno rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2008
Dyark Cannon
Dyark Cannon rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
Rob Billiau
Rob Billiau rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Bradley Busby
Bradley Busby rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2016
Brian Averitt
Brian Averitt rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2011
Trey
Trey rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Cebartz
Cebartz rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2014
F. Riley
F. Riley rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Paul Foster
Paul Foster rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2011
Diana Koenig
Diana Koenig rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2016
Joseph
Joseph rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2012
JG
JG rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Samuel Santos
Samuel Santos rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Travis LeMoine
Travis LeMoine rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Mandor
Mandor rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2012
Michael Tallie
Michael Tallie rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
William R. Forstchen (born 1950) is an American author who began publishing in 1983 with the novel Ice Prophet. He is a Professor of History and Faculty Fellow at Montreat College, in Montreat, North Carolina. He received his doctorate from Purdue University with specializations in Military History, the American Civil War and the History of Technology.

Forstchen is the author of more than forty boo
More about William R. Forstchen...

Crystal (2 books)
  • The Crystal Sorcerers (Crystal, #2)