Start by marking “Maxfield Parrish: Painter of Magical Make-Believe” as Want to Read:
Maxfield Parrish: Painter of Magical Make-Believe

Maxfield Parrish: Painter of Magical Make-Believe

4.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  9 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This biography for young readers follows the life of popular American artist Maxfield Parrish, who helped develop the future of visual arts in the United States. A model for future generations, Parrish brought his daydreams to life and shared them with everyone through posters, calendars, murals, advertisements, and illustrated children's books. Replicas of the artist's wo ...more
Published September 28th 2011 by Pelican Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Maxfield Parrish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maxfield Parrish

Stacie
Jan 07, 2014 Stacie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Maxfield Parrish: Painter of Magical Make-Believe chronicles the life of famous artist Maxfield Parrish. This well-written account of his amazing life is filled with photos that depict him and his work from the early stages forward. The story's purpose is to educate children about Maxfield Parrish's remarkable talent and it certainly achieves this goal.

This non-fiction account is told in simple terms making it the perfect teaching tool for classrooms, homeschooling, and parents hoping to educate
Fran
Nov 24, 2012 Fran rated it it was amazing
Maxfield Parris: painter of Magical Make-Believe

Lois v. Harris

The eyes of a 7 year old are often like the windows of the world as they look through the clear glass of a window and see straight ahead at the beauty of the landscapes, the greenery and all that is within the panoramic picture captured by the artistry of the world.

Frederick Parrish from the age of seven looked at the world, the colors, the landscapes through the eyes of an artist with the help and encouragement of his mentor, his fa
Becky Loader
Nov 19, 2014 Becky Loader rated it it was amazing
What an excellent biography of Maxfield Parrish! So many times, I find that juvenile biographies are excellent sources of facts about people without going into too much detail. I think I am a generalist: I like to know a little about a lot of things!
Beverly
May 13, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: j-biography
This book had some fascinating facts about Parrish, and included several reproductions of some of his artwork, but was too short to include as many reproductions as I would have liked. Good, short bio for young readers, but one will have to look elsewhere for more of his paintings.
Crystal
Jun 15, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it
I wasn't familiar with Parrish, but I am certain that I had e seen his work before. This is a nice picture biography.
Rodney Johnson
Rodney Johnson rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Susanne
Susanne rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2012
Lois V.
Lois V. rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2011