Rattled: A Mystery A Mystery

Rattled: A Mystery A Mystery

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Resigned to a boring summer in Halifax, fifteen-year-old Lydia is thrilled when Megan and her gorgeous brother Sam move in across the road. But Megan and Sam's rude, hostile mother, Mrs. Swicker, does everything she can to stop Lydia and her flirty older sister, Jilly, from getting close to their new neighbours. Then Lydia stumbles across two baby rattles hidden in a box i...more
Published September 2nd 2010 by Nimbus Publishing

Debbie
This was a great read. I didn't want to put it down.

15 year old Lydia was having a boring Summer in Halifax, when she notices one day that they have new neighbors moving across the street. When Lydia's older sister Jilly realizes that there looks to be a boy around her age she and her sister are in competion for to she who the boy will choose.

Lydia goes over to introduce herself to them and soon realizes that there is just something off with the mom, but she justn't know just what. Lydia tells...more
Andrea Diaz
This book. Omg. Everyone, please, if you have the book or if you go to the library, open this book and read the half page prologue. IT WILL SUCK YOU IN!

Let me tell you, it gets creepy. The story behind it all (the mystery part, I suppose) is crazy. I love it. But, reading the last bits at 1 AM alone in my bed with all these creepy sounds that I'm sure I was just making up had me like

I never want to be that paranoid again. Ever.

I absolutely loved this book. It was a wonderful, short read. I'm so...more
Anna Motteler
I guess you could say I was disappointed with this book. I was super excited to read it because the plot sounded so intense & I was looking forward to reading about it. But once I started reading, I realized it was one of those books where it took FOREVER to get to the point. And it wasn't a good thing either. Because once it got to the point, I kinda was like WTF and wondered why I wasted two hours of my life reading it.
Rachel Seigel
Overall, this was a decent mystery for tween readers. The twist didn't reveal itself too early, and the story makes sense. However, I find it a bit difficult to reconcile the protaganist's limited access to technology in a contemporary setting, and her eventual use of the internet to source information seemed a bit contrived. Fans of Caroline B. Cooney or Norah McClintock are the right audience for this book.
Lydia are two sisters facing a fairly boring summer, until a family with a teenaged son and daughter of about the same ages moves in across the street. The Swickers’ mom is kind of weird – she rarely lets the teens (Megan and Sam) socialize with others, and almost never lets anyone come over. Lydia manages to uncover some evidence that lead to a discovery that rocks everyone’s world.
Lisa
WOW, that was SOOOOO good!!!!! I could NOT put this book down! This was exactly what I needed tonight, a killer book that was completely unexpected. Lisa, keep writing, PLEASE! You knocked it out of the park.
Kellee
A pretty good mystery for middle grade and tween readers. Pretty predictable, but it holds your interest for the entire book and overall has a pretty good story.
Angelina Justice
Great fast paced read. This will appeal to female mystery readers. The author did a great job with her teen characters.
Megan (The Book Babe)
please read my review at thebookbabesreads.blogspot.com
Ari
Ari marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Sisi
Sisi marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Quinn P
Quinn P marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Carley
Carley marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Sanika
Sanika marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Holly
Holly added it
Mar 10, 2014
William F Sullivan
William F Sullivan marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Jjah
Jjah marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Chey91
Chey91 marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
t.A
t.A added it
Nov 16, 2013
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013