Double Take

Double Take

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Kait London has been estranged from her twin sister for years. She has never understood why and has always regretted it. When her phone rings in the middle of the night, Kait learns that Lana desperately needs her help. All Kait has to do is take her place, for two days, at her home in the horse country of Virginia. If Kate can play this role convincingly enough, she will...more
Published April 5th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2003)

Christine
This is the first book I ever picked up by this author, and one of the first things I did after I put it down was to look at the ratings of her other books to see if they were higher. They mostly seem to be, which falls in line with my thoughts on this book: There was something there, a spark, a bit of emotional subcontent, a promise of potential...something that made me think I'd like to try something else by this author to see if maybe it's a little bit better.

The trouble with this book is two...more
Joy
I knew into the first few pages that I'd read this book some time ago.

Twin one bullied twin two into pretending she was the wife.

(view spoiler)...more
elizabeth
If any hereon from all the books I have ever read deserves the title of to stupid to live it was this one. Kait just could not understand why everyone hated her sister so much. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I will just say you learn very quickly why everyone hates Lana. The term "Doormat" does not even begin to describe Kait. Did Ms. Joyce really need to remind me several times on each page that the hero's name was Trev Coleman? Was she afraid that I as the reader would forget and g...more
Cessa
Ja dieses Buch ist kitschig, ja es ist teilweise auch etwas vorhersehbar und dennoch ist es soooo gut. Ich habe mir eigentlich nichts großes erwartet als ich zu diesem Buch griff aber ich war so gefesselt von der Geschichte und aus einem mir unbegreiflichen Grund machte mir weder das kitschige noch die Liebesgeschichte etwas aus - wirklich wirklich toll. ich werde mir definitiv noch weitere Bücher der Autorin ansehen!
Kim
Double Take was one of the few "romance" books that kept me on the edge of my seat. It went straight into action from the very first page to the very last. The main character Kait, while extremely naive, loved her sister enough to switch places with her with barely any information. Waiting for Kait to figure everything out was entertaining enough, but throw everything else and it made for a very good read!
J. Lynne
I read this book a few years ago, and I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the premise of the story is quite original (i.e. other than the twin-switch). I would have liked the climax of the story to have lasted longer, and I thought Kait a little too eager and gullible. Nevertheless, this book is great if you're looking for a quick read while in transit (e.g. an airplane).
Priscilla Mensah
completely stunning, and a unexpected. i loved every single page and i just could not take a break till i completed it and i still kept thinking about it a long time after i read it. i still read it years after and i never get bored
it is the story of two twin sisters Kait and Lana who have been estranged for years and have to switch places because Lana needs help.
Andrea
It's not bad but I don't like how the main character is gulliable and weak. Only good thing about her is that she finally stood up for herself which was at end of the book??!! Soo. I don't have any tolerance for weak characters. Hence, here's my biased rating. :D (the plot was good).
Krissy Horner
Ehhhh....was annoyed with the main character...she was too naive!!!!!
Stacie  M. Ritchie
I have read many of this author's books. Some are romance driven and some are suspense driven. This is one of the latter and is a great read! It took no time for me to read, because I couldn't put it down! I highly recommend it to those that like suspense!
Coleen
Kaitlin takes the place of her identical twin sister Lana's life for what she thought would be only a couple days while Lana sorted through some recent problems.

Characters: Kaitlin, Lana, Trev
Takes Place: New York & Virginia

Donated to Milford Library
Rebecca Hamilton
Very good - memoir by a young man who was born w/o legs. He took thousands of photographs all over the world of people's reactions to seeing him zipping down the street on his skateboard - pretty universal images, actually.
Nicole
The plot of the book had potential but the writing is absolutely atrocious. Although the story is pretty predictable, it was compelling enough for me to finish, but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time.
Kayla
Everytime I read this book it makes my heart ache. Every single time! I absolutely love it. Its one of my favorite Brenda Joyce books. And no matter how many times I read it, it still gets to me.
Heidi
What can I say? The writing was remedial at best, but I gave it 1 star because I still felt compelled to finish the book. I think my random selection from the library shelves is not paying off.
Marianne Jay
The book would have been 5 stars if the author made Kait a bit stronger. One change and the book would have been 5 stars all the way.

Jaime
I guess I just don't like stories where twins take each other's places. I find them irritating and the concept way overdone.
PK Reeves
What if you could switch identities with your twin...Review Aisle B http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1147542...
Marisol
It was really hard to put down this book. I really enjoyed all plot as it was different from others I've read.
Hope
Okay book for what it was. Definitely one of the better books in this genre.
Jackie Adams
i liked the story but i really disliked the kait chick!! she was frustrating.
Missy Kibe
Pretty good book, not my favorite, but was good to read.
lexi
a very good book but some parts were gross.
Judy
Jun 25, 2011 Judy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: novel
Read a while ago.
Zana
very good
Angeline
Angeline marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
  • The Tender Stranger (Silhouette Desire, #230)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian
  • Whatever Reilly Wants... (Three-Way Wager, Book 2) (Silhouette Desire #1658)
  • Tender Loving Care
  • Land of Dreams
  • Tallie's Knight
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • One Good Reason
  • Leave No Trace (Black Ops, #5.5)
  • Treat Her Right (Men To The Rescue #4) (Harlequin Temptation, No. 852)
  • Blame It on Bath (The Truth About the Duke, #2)
  • Obsessed
  • The Soldier And The Baby (American Romance, No 573)
  • Broken Silence
  • Uncertain Magic
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • The China Bride (The Bride Trilogy, #2)
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in...more
More about Brenda Joyce...
Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2) Dark Seduction (Masters of Time, #1) Dark Embrace (Rose Trilogy, #1; Masters of Time Series, #3) The Conqueror Dark Victory (Rose Trilogy, #2; Masters of Time, #4)