Start by marking “Double Take” as Want to Read:
Double Take

Double Take

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  399 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Kait London has been estranged from her twin sister for years. She has never understood why and has always regretted it. When her phone rings in the middle of the night, Kait learns that Lana desperately needs her help. All Kait has to do is take her place, for two days, at her home in the horse country of Virginia. If Kate can play this role convincingly enough, she will ...more
Published April 5th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Double Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Take

elizabeth
Dec 21, 2010 elizabeth rated it did not like it
If any hereon from all the books I have ever read deserves the title of to stupid to live it was this one. Kait just could not understand why everyone hated her sister so much. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I will just say you learn very quickly why everyone hates Lana. The term "Doormat" does not even begin to describe Kait. Did Ms. Joyce really need to remind me several times on each page that the hero's name was Trev Coleman? Was she afraid that I as the reader would forget and g ...more
Barbara Elsborg
Aug 28, 2014 Barbara Elsborg rated it it was ok
It drove me insane with the - why am I doing this repeated by Kait, over and over again. I kept wanting her to speak out but she didn't and eventually the story lost me. I did understand her wish to make up with her twin but at the expense of her dignity, her personality? No, it didn't wash with me. If she'd have spoken out sooner, of course, there would have been no story but it dragged on and on. And the end - not sure that's the message I wanted the book to give.
On the plus side, the writing
Shirlene
Kait London and her sister, Lana Coleman, had never been close. After their mother died, the girls lived completely different life styles. Both rode horses but Lana competed, Kait did not like the attention. Kait was quieter and more studious. Lana was more outgoing and much more a party girl.
Lana called Kait one night and asked her to take her place for a couple of days. Lana didn't give Kait much information but Kait didn't ask many questions either. Lana told her that her husband was out of t
Krissy Horner
Jan 07, 2014 Krissy Horner rated it it was ok
Ehhhh....was annoyed with the main character...she was too naive!!!!!
Christine
Dec 13, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
This is the first book I ever picked up by this author, and one of the first things I did after I put it down was to look at the ratings of her other books to see if they were higher. They mostly seem to be, which falls in line with my thoughts on this book: There was something there, a spark, a bit of emotional subcontent, a promise of potential...something that made me think I'd like to try something else by this author to see if maybe it's a little bit better.

The trouble with this book is two
Joy
Oct 22, 2012 Joy rated it did not like it
I knew into the first few pages that I'd read this book some time ago.

Twin one bullied twin two into pretending she was the wife.

(view spoiler)
Lisa
Feb 20, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Wonderfully frustrating this book is. I loved Kait and hated Lana for the obvious reasons, I loved the ending and the Middle bit, the beginning of this book was a bit too slow and repetitive for me, but hang through it and you'll be awarded, cause in the end of the day it was a good book and it was not one of those books you already know before you read it what will happen so go for it!
Brenda Wharton
Nov 19, 2014 Brenda Wharton rated it liked it
Lana (the evil twin) convinces hew twin sister Kait (the good twin) that she is in trouble with a loan shark and needs her to trade places with her for a few days. Kait agrees, but finds out her sister leads a secret life that is falling apart
Cessa
Jan 21, 2014 Cessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roman, frauenroman
Ja dieses Buch ist kitschig, ja es ist teilweise auch etwas vorhersehbar und dennoch ist es soooo gut. Ich habe mir eigentlich nichts großes erwartet als ich zu diesem Buch griff aber ich war so gefesselt von der Geschichte und aus einem mir unbegreiflichen Grund machte mir weder das kitschige noch die Liebesgeschichte etwas aus - wirklich wirklich toll. ich werde mir definitiv noch weitere Bücher der Autorin ansehen!
Kim
Jan 26, 2009 Kim rated it it was amazing
Double Take was one of the few "romance" books that kept me on the edge of my seat. It went straight into action from the very first page to the very last. The main character Kait, while extremely naive, loved her sister enough to switch places with her with barely any information. Waiting for Kait to figure everything out was entertaining enough, but throw everything else and it made for a very good read!
J. Lynne
Nov 23, 2012 J. Lynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a few years ago, and I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the premise of the story is quite original (i.e. other than the twin-switch). I would have liked the climax of the story to have lasted longer, and I thought Kait a little too eager and gullible. Nevertheless, this book is great if you're looking for a quick read while in transit (e.g. an airplane).
Priscilla Mensah
Jul 11, 2012 Priscilla Mensah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of romance novels
completely stunning, and a unexpected. i loved every single page and i just could not take a break till i completed it and i still kept thinking about it a long time after i read it. i still read it years after and i never get bored
it is the story of two twin sisters Kait and Lana who have been estranged for years and have to switch places because Lana needs help.
Andrew Carter
Feb 02, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it liked it
OK
Andrea
Jul 05, 2008 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic
It's not bad but I don't like how the main character is gulliable and weak. Only good thing about her is that she finally stood up for herself which was at end of the book??!! Soo. I don't have any tolerance for weak characters. Hence, here's my biased rating. :D (the plot was good).
Stacie  M. Ritchie
Sep 26, 2009 Stacie M. Ritchie rated it it was amazing
I have read many of this author's books. Some are romance driven and some are suspense driven. This is one of the latter and is a great read! It took no time for me to read, because I couldn't put it down! I highly recommend it to those that like suspense!
Coleen
Oct 13, 2007 Coleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Kaitlin takes the place of her identical twin sister Lana's life for what she thought would be only a couple days while Lana sorted through some recent problems.

Characters: Kaitlin, Lana, Trev
Takes Place: New York & Virginia

Donated to Milford Library
Rebecca Hamilton
Apr 29, 2010 Rebecca Hamilton rated it liked it
Very good - memoir by a young man who was born w/o legs. He took thousands of photographs all over the world of people's reactions to seeing him zipping down the street on his skateboard - pretty universal images, actually.
Nicole
Jun 23, 2010 Nicole rated it it was ok
The plot of the book had potential but the writing is absolutely atrocious. Although the story is pretty predictable, it was compelling enough for me to finish, but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time.
Kayla
Apr 02, 2013 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Everytime I read this book it makes my heart ache. Every single time! I absolutely love it. Its one of my favorite Brenda Joyce books. And no matter how many times I read it, it still gets to me.
Heidi
Apr 23, 2009 Heidi rated it did not like it
What can I say? The writing was remedial at best, but I gave it 1 star because I still felt compelled to finish the book. I think my random selection from the library shelves is not paying off.
Marianne Jay
Oct 01, 2009 Marianne Jay rated it really liked it
The book would have been 5 stars if the author made Kait a bit stronger. One change and the book would have been 5 stars all the way.

Jaime
Oct 04, 2008 Jaime rated it did not like it
I guess I just don't like stories where twins take each other's places. I find them irritating and the concept way overdone.
PK Reeves
Sep 19, 2010 PK Reeves rated it really liked it
What if you could switch identities with your twin...Review Aisle B http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1147542...
Marisol
Nov 30, 2007 Marisol rated it really liked it
It was really hard to put down this book. I really enjoyed all plot as it was different from others I've read.
Hope
May 03, 2011 Hope rated it liked it
Okay book for what it was. Definitely one of the better books in this genre.
Jackie Adams
Oct 31, 2011 Jackie Adams rated it it was ok
i liked the story but i really disliked the kait chick!! she was frustrating.
Ana
Mar 21, 2016 Ana rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
good book. great development but the end spoiled the book......
Missy Kibe
Sep 24, 2009 Missy Kibe rated it really liked it
Pretty good book, not my favorite, but was good to read.
lexi
Jul 19, 2010 lexi rated it really liked it
a very good book but some parts were gross.
Judy
Sep 03, 2015 Judy rated it liked it
Shelves: novel
Read a while ago.
  • Wife in Disguise
  • First Date (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #1)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • Land of Dreams
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Tallie's Knight
  • Breathless
  • An Unacceptable Offer
  • Leave No Trace (Black Ops, #5.5)
  • Whatever Reilly Wants... (Three-Way Wager, #2)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Treat Her Right (Men To The Rescue #4)
  • Still Lake
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)
  • Uncertain Magic
  • Sweet Madness (Veiled Seduction, #3)
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in ...more
More about Brenda Joyce...