Running with the Whole Body: A 30-Day Program to Running Faster with Less Effort

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In Running with the Whole Body, Heggie proposes a thirty-day exercise program that will not only prevent you from injuring yourself in a new way, but enable you to become a smoother, and more powerful runner. The exercises presented isolate the workings of the various parts of the body to show how each part of the body balances and works in concert with the others. The res...more
Published November 19th 1996 by North Atlantic Books (first published October 1st 1986)

Jim Leckband
The title is cheesy, that I shall grant - is this another repackaged common-sense workout book?

The answer is an emphatic no. I have read and skimmed quite a few running and workout books and there is nothing like this one under the sun. The common thread to most running, technique or workout program books is that those books essentially claim to be *the answer* if you follow their dictates.

This book is humble. It doesn't know what your problems may be that are keeping you from running your best...more
Noelle N.
A slow read, but I've always been interested in Feldenkrais, so when I heard about a book that incorporates his philosophy with running I wanted to check it out. I only tried a couple of the movements illustrated, but I think they were helpful in creating more awareness. Basically, I'm glad I read it and feel I got his general idea, although I'm sure it would've been more useful to me if I took the time to try/focus on the movements.
Leonore Lee
I found this book very hard to read AND follow the instructions/exercises at the same time. Maybe if you have a partner to read while you perform the drills? Also advocates a heel strike... that's quite outdated!
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Constantin Petra
Constantin Petra marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jim
Jim is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2014
Britta S
Britta S marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Miguel Díaz
Miguel Díaz marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Noor Najjar
Noor Najjar marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Pete Nolan
Pete Nolan marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Jonas Rutström
Jonas Rutström marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Patty Chavez
Patty Chavez marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Carley
Carley marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Matt Fitz
Matt Fitz marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Sarah Massengill
Sarah Massengill marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Shaun
Shaun marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Sarah Tobias
Sarah Tobias marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Dse
Dse marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Zfia
Zfia marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Mjr87
Mjr87 marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
wong
wong marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Running With The Whole Body: Your Guide To Running Faster And Farther With Less Effort And Pain Skiing with the Whole Body: Your Ticket to the Expert Slopes Besser Laufen. Das 30  Tage  Programm. ( Sport) A Healthy Back(TM): Relief from Neck, Shoulder, and Back Pain - Based on the Work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais The Aware Skier