Start by marking “Renewal 4 - Down on the River” as Want to Read:
Renewal 4 - Down on the River

Renewal 4 - Down on the River

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  3 reviews
When the fight for post-Breakdown law and order begins, Terry joins the small band from Coffee County on a mission to the new state capital, in a plea for official justice against local tyranny in the wilds of Tennessee. A larger crisis forces a detour into the broken and dangerous territory of a destroyed Nashville to face an unknown enemy.
Published (first published July 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Renewal 4 - Down on the River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renewal 4 - Down on the River

Felicia A
Great world-building and awesome dual storyline in this post-apocalyptic/renewal & rebuilding type of book.

It's about 35 years after the "Breakdown" (nuclear missiles worldwide, all hell broke loose, etc., etc., etc.). Since the nukes headed for the US were detonated in space, there is little bomb damage or fallout (not really believable, but it's not a big plot hole). The struggling survivors have slapdash governments and plans and such, but life pretty much sucks. A good group has an amaz...more
Katherine
I think by this point, most people looking into this series know what it is basically about, so I won't go into that again.

Although I love the story, I hesitate to call it a book...so I will call it an installment, as each is very short (I've been reading about one a day - and considering I work full time and have a one year old, i don't get a lot of reading time).

The further in the series I get, the more I like it. It's a mix of what is happening in the current (book time) as well as a history...more
David Galloway
All of my comments on the Renewal series can be found in the first installment of the story.
Brian F
Brian F marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I was born two years before we landed on the moon, somewhere in the middle of Long Island. I was too young to remember much, except for the park ritual of spinning three times on a stump, the bee that flew down my throat, and getting my fingernails smashed off in a car door. Ok, that's not fair. I also remember when the mean kid across the street was run over by the mailman.

I currently live in Oly...more
More about J.F. Perkins...
Renewal Renewal 2 - Echoes of the Breakdown Renewal 3 - Your Basic Swiss Family Renewal 5 - An Untimely Fall Renewal 6 - Cold