Start by marking “Laura's Diary” as Want to Read:
Laura's Diary

Laura's Diary

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When nosy little sister Mary 'stumbles' across Laura's diary in her old bedroom in York, it kick-starts a series of events that would change people's lives forever. Winding its way onto BBC Radio 1, embarrassing secrets that should have remained hidden forever in the dusty vault of a shoebox were made public (er...very public) for the first time. True tales of Laura's unre ...more
Published November 30th 2006 by Orana Publishing Limited

To ask other readers questions about Laura's Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laura's Diary

Laura's Diary has a lot of moving moments, especially towards the end.
Because this was a genuine diary, I assume that will be one of the reasons why, you put yourself in her position and can relate to how she is feeling during adolescence to a woman.
I've read this twice and I have to say that's it's a lovely little book, I also have to mention how cute the design is on the front cover and even the little doodles on some of the pages.
The only criticism that I have to say is that I found it diff
It all started on Radio 1... the intro music followed by Laura's sister, Mary, reading an extract of Laura's Diary.

It became a regular segment covering Laura's teenage years and college years. Some entries are priceless. I laughed so much during these airings.

I bought the diary as a memento, not only to dip into to refresh my memory of those laugh out loud moments, but to see the lists, doodles and annotations Laura made as well as entries that weren't covered on the show.

Hats off to Laura for
Loved re-reading this :) It so reminds me of my diary. There is a bit where she lists reasons why she and this guy should be together and she puts 'we both like oasis' I remember writeing 'we both like blink-182' in my diary when I was a teenager haha. She's got some guts letting her diary be read out (tho I didn't think she had much of a choice in the matter!) I'd die if my diary ever leaked out. I bet some of this makes her cringe. This only takes about an hour and a half to read so is good fu ...more
If you loved laura's diary on Scott Mills off of Radio 1 you will love this utterly cringeworthy and hilarious collection of diary entries.
Mar 17, 2008 Kirsty is currently reading it
Really enjoying this even though I've not finished reading it yet (that's what comes of having too many books on the go). It's almost like I could have written some on this myself !
Lotte added it
Aug 19, 2015
Annie added it
May 24, 2015
Grace Kendall
Grace Kendall marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Iain added it
Sep 07, 2014
Stuart marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Janet added it
May 13, 2014
alba marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Jo marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Ana marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014