Start by marking “The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting & Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide, #1)” as Want to Read:

Read eBook* *Different edition

The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting & Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide #1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  423 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Josie wants what she’s never been able to have—sex with a vampire. When she receives an invitation to a party thrown by one of the world’s richest vamps, she doesn’t stop to question her luck; she just jumps into her favorite stilettos and heads out to the event of a lifetime, secretly hoping that she’ll come home with a party favor in the shape of a sexy coffin dweller.

Bu
Published March 31st 2011 by CreateSpace (first published March 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Relationship Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Relationship Guide

Zoe
Nov 24, 2011 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sookie Stackhouse and other UF vampire stories.
Shelves: ebook, urban-fantasy
The Vampire Relationship Guide Volume 1 is subtitled Meeting and Mating, but probably should have been labeled UR Doing it Wrong. While the writing is engaging and the world building fascinating, the narrator’s stunning lack of perception drags down the second half of the novella. The ending is further hampered by a bad guy plot so hideous, it’s no wonder it failed. I’ve seen better criminal plots hatched by first graders for a cookie raid.(And the first graders didn’t get caught.)

But let’s star
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by Rabid Reads

The Vampire Relationship Guide, Vol 1 is a cute, quick read that will have you giggling in no time. The title of this book will give you a pretty good idea as to its contents. Josie goes through Evelyn Lafont's how-to steps in such a way that you can't help but smile. I was surprised by the ending when an element of danger is added. When I first picked-up this book I was expecting a light, chick-lit read which is exactly what I received but the twist at the end was a welco
Sa
Apr 13, 2016 Sa rated it it was ok
Only thing I liked in this book is the idea of having shops open at all hours of the night.Being a night owl, I'd love to get some Indo-Chinese food whenever I feel like it or browse at a bookstore or grocery shopping at 11 pm.It'd be fab to get things done without having to go out in this scorching sun.This book lacked almost everything.Josie was crazy about dating vamps, and did so even though there was no chemistry or likability or trust or anything between her and the men.The missing women t ...more
Belinda Boring
May 29, 2011 Belinda Boring rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had so much fun reading this book and there were countless times where I turned to my husband and said "Man, I think the author's writing about me!" I am a vampire girl ALL THE WAY. I love the broody, tortured soul and the intensity. The vampires in my head are UBER sexy and I think if I ever met one I'd melt into a heated puddle because it would mean ... there may be one of those erotic bites *blush* So when I began reading Vampire Relationship Guide, straight away I identified with Josie. Sh ...more
Donna (BLHmistress)
This book was an absolute joy to read, I know I have mentioned in previous reviews how much humor is an important factor for me in books and this one had it from practically the first page and continued through out the story.

I was literally laughing out loud for the majority of the book, Josie, I can easily say she will rank as my top favorite female character of 2011. She was experiencing what all of us that dream of having two vampires competing for her affection or to at least get her in bed
Anthony
Apr 27, 2011 Anthony rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
I'm going to break this down into The Good and the Not-So-Good to try and keep my thoughts a bit more on track than the first draft of this review turned out.

The Good: This may be one of the funniest genre pastiches I've ever read. Vampire (and other supernatural creature) Romance is a huge market right now, and in 90 pages Evelyn Lafont manages to crack wise about almost every trope of the genre. I haven't even read that much supernatural romance (urban fantasy of the detective/crime realm is m
Julie Parsons
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC

The Vampire Relationship Guide was a funny novella and a fun, quick read.

Josie is an outspoken 32 year old who works in a bridal shop and has an obsession with dating a vampire; until she suddenly has two hot vamps vying for her attention. Then she finds out that they may not be all the rage she thought they were.

Josie meets Gregory at a party and they instantly hit it off and he seems like the perfect man, err..vampire. But when she plans a date with him, Walker, the rude vampire that
Shannon
Apr 21, 2011 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
This novella is a whole lot of fun! Josie is feisty and knows what she wants. What she wants, by the way, is a sexy vampire! Judging by the success of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries and other vampire franchises; she is not alone. She gets an invitation to go to a party thrown by a vampire and she takes full advantage of the opportunity!

She gets more than she bargained for though. She meets two vampires that both take an interest in her. She has to navigate relationships with both of them and I en
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book but whatever it was it sure went way beyond it. It was awesome. I loved it.

Josie was smart, funny and totally sarcastic kinda girl that I love. She gets caught between 2 dreamy vampires and I was on board with either one.

I honestly couldn't put this book down. It was just extremely awesome. It was action packed, sexy, funny and filled with twists and turns!! There was some things I never seen coming!!

Great Great Book!! I can't wait to read more from
Melissa Wehunt
This was a pretty good paranormal romance/ertotica read. I don't believe it was a full lenght novel, but rather a novella. It came highly recommended from someone else, so I was totally all about reading it asap. I didn't think it was like, totally great...but it was fun and fast. :) I would definitly like to read further installments of these characters...assuming there will be some. The author could have definitely made a full length novel out of it.
Jilrene ♥
This is a fun series. Now I remember why I had that note to myself to buy the next two books. ;) The snark is great. I love "Nicotine-o" which seems to be Josie's preferred name for Walker. There is a tiny mystery of missing blondes, but it's almost a background story than the main story of Walker and Josie.
Jennifer Gilliland
Aug 30, 2014 Jennifer Gilliland rated it really liked it
short but sweet!
This was an enjoyable read. A girl and 2 vampire lovers. They both have secrets. Which one will she choose?
Eeva
Mar 25, 2016 Eeva rated it liked it
Josie works at the bridal shop and her lifelong dream is to date a vampire. What a coincidence, her mailman has an invitation to a vampire party and he gives it to her. How nice of him, right? At the party she meets Gregory, a handsome, tall billionaire. After the party she meets handsome, obnoxious smoker. They both want to date her. Which one will she choose. Which one will turn out to be a psycho killer?
The book is actually not that bad as I tought it would be. It has its funny moments. I don
Goss
Jan 20, 2015 Goss rated it really liked it
I got this from a book club that notifies when free books are available and can I just say I’m super glad I grabbed it? I instantly adored the playful personality of the main female character. And I think the straight-up attitude of what a vampire really is, sticking to the clichés and everything, made it better. I could tell right away that this author wasn’t going to pussy foot around clichés just because someone might get pissed off. Mad love for this approach! Saying she used clichés doesn’t ...more
Jessica
Feb 15, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
From the cover and title I thought this book was going to be a witty satirical take the vampire love story genre, or perhaps just an amusing how-to ‘guide’ for vampire relationships. For me, it didn’t really meet either of these expectations. It was just another short, vampire love story with some humour and sex thrown in. While it wasn’t a bad book, I had high expectations of being amused so I was a little disappointed.

The main character in this novel has her own voice, she can be mildly amusin
Katja
Apr 15, 2011 Katja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story:

It’s clear, that this is meant to be a light chick-lit with paranormal creatures spicing it up – I’ve read enough Harlequin romances to recognize it – so I’m going to review it as such.

We get to know Josie and start following her dream come true journey into the vampire world. If you think of any pulp romance story, you might believe in the beginning that’s what this is going to be, but it’s a bit more than that. Instead of one handsome male you have two – though it is easy to guess who’s
Stephanie
Apr 05, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are two things you need to know about The Vampire Relationship Guide Vol 1. First, it is a novella, so it is the perfect afternoon read. Second, The snarky wit and humor Evelyn Lafont uses will leave you gasping for more. I didn’t know what to expect when I started this book, but I can assure you it is 90 pages of pure fun!

Josie is a girl desperate to date a vampire. She knows very little about them except that they are red hot sexy. This can lead to unexpected consequences, since we all k
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Review posted here: Offbeat Vagabond

Thanks to Evelyn Lafont herself, she gave me the chance to read her very first book. Now I must admit (and I told her myself) that I do like paranormal romance, but chick lit has never been my thing. But she said if I was a fan of the Sookie Stackhouse series, then this should be up my alley. I must say, she was definitely right.

Meeting and Mating is pretty straightforward. In a world where vampires and humans coexist on an actual normal basis, Josie, a thir
Beverly
Apr 21, 2011 Beverly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story! Evelyn creates fabulous characters. I fell in love with Walker from the go. Gregory creeped me out from the start and I was so sure right away that he was really the bad guy. Josie is a great character, loads of spunk. I would have liked it if the story had been fleshed out and longer. So, I am hoping for a sequel (which I assume is coming considering that this is volume one).

This was a fast, fun read. The characters are great! Josie is spunky and funny, Gregory is smooth and my
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
I honestly didn't expect to like this and I think it's because I downloaded it when it was free. Sadly most books that vampire related and free at some point usually end up on the low end of the scale. I'm happy to say this went the other way.
The main character, Josie, is a little goofy and at times I wanted her to stop saying such stupid things but most of the time she didn't bother me. Walker kind of annoyed me with his mood shifts but I suppose given his reasoning it makes sense.
I like how
Kara
Dec 12, 2012 Kara rated it really liked it

We are presented with a world where vampires and humans have assimilated as much as any group has become part of American culture.

No hiding under beds or in closets, no stalking through the dark forests, no secret meetings in basements and no angsting over outside prejudice – vampires are just part of the new normal, like his and his cake toppers.

So, now blood is an option on any restaurant menu, as ordinary as the gluten-free section, the ADA has been stretched to cover the vampiric need for b
Phaedra Seabolt
Jun 18, 2012 Phaedra Seabolt rated it it was amazing
This is a very easy and quick read. I read it a while ago, but forgot to put up a review. In this story Josie is a wedding dress clerk. She also has this fantasy to one day sleep with a vampire. Oh yeah...Vampires are known to the world. They actually have affected the world to a point where there is legislation in place that forces businesses to be open 24 hours a day in order not to discriminate against the vampires in need of jobs. They take part in the US government, but they also have their ...more
Jackie
Aug 22, 2011 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire fans who enjoy humor and witty repartee
Goodreads Book Synopsis

Josie wants what she's never been able to have--sex with a vampire. When she receives an invitation to a party thrown by one of the world's richest vamps, she doesn't stop to question her luck; she just jumps into her favorite stilettos and heads out to the event of a lifetime, secretly hoping that she'll come home with a party favor in the shape of a sexy coffin dweller.

But the great undead, much to Josie's chagrin, aren't just pale sexbots with pointy teeth waiting to
Lexie
Kelly
Jun 01, 2011 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal romance/vampires, fans of chick lit
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started this book, but I soon found that it was going to be a light, fun read. Though the title implies this book might be a paranormal romance, I think I would put this more under the "chick lit" category. It's full of dating dilemmas, insecurities and the inner drama that hysterical in a way that only thirty-something, single, chick lit character can pull off.

This story was different from most vampire stories in that humans know about vampires. They e
Naomi
Apr 06, 2011 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Vampire Relationship Guide Volume 1 is the first book in a series by Evelyn Lafont. This short novel is full of mystery and humour.

Josie works in a bridal shop, the worst place to meet the man of her dreams. The only thing is the man of her dreams isn’t technically a man - he’s a vampire. All of Josie’s dreams come true when she is invited to a vampire party. This could be her chance to meet Mr Right..fangs and all.

Well not only does Josie land up dating one vampire, but she ends up dating a
Julie
Jul 09, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
This was a freebie on the kindle store a while back. The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting and Mating is a short story/novella written by Evelyn Lafont.
This one had been on my kindle a little while and so I had forgotten the synopsis. This is a very light paranormal romantic suspense comedy. Whew! That was mouthful.
Josie is a single girl in her thirties. She works in a bridal shop . Her dream is to date a vampire. So, when she lands an invitation to a party hosted by a millionaire vampire, s
Nikki Brandyberry
This was a fluffy read that would have only taken me one sitting if I would have been able to find a quiet place to sit down and read.

Josie really wants to date a vampire. They usually have tons of money and second hand reports claim they are gods in bed. What more could a girl want right? Josie is tired of her predictable everyday “normal” life. So when she gets invited to a vamp party she jumps to say yes. Upon arriving she locks eyes with the suave Gregory and sparks fly. But Gregory isn’t th
Andrea
Jun 14, 2011 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Vampire Relationship Guide is a book that’s been on my TBR-list for a while. I am a big fan of Evelyn LaFont. I think pretty much everything she writes is brilliant, and funny, and smart. So even though I’ve wanted to read this book, I was a little hesitant. What if the book didn’t live up to the expectations I had put on it. Well, crises averted. I am happy to say the The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting and Mating was everything I hoped for/expected from LaFont.

First off, I love Josie.
  • Risking Eternity (Timeshifters #1)
  • Vampire Assassin (Jane #1)
  • The Vampire's Curse (Undead in Brown County, #2)
  • Fresh Blood
  • The Advice Girl (Dalara, #1)
  • Night's Knights
  • Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2)
  • Devil's Eye (Mirus, #1.2)
  • Predators of Darkness (Darkness Series #1)
  • What A Demon Wants (New Orleans Vampires, #4)
  • Voodoo Dues (Lian and Figg #1)
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Reunion (Vampires Realm, #3.5)
  • The Witch's Dream (Knights of Black Swan, #2)
  • Carinian's Seeker (Vampire Council of Ethics, #1)
  • Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)
  • Vampire Love Story (Vampire Love Story, #1)
Evelyn Lafont. Evelyn is a full-time writer living in Florida with her perfect orange kitties and totally alpha hubby who saves her from squirrels, stray dogs, glue and herself.

Her debut paranormal romance series, The Vampire Relationship Guide, is a four-novella romp that takes a satirical look at what could happen if a clueless human chick really dated a vampire. It’s also got some good sex and
More about Evelyn Lafont...

Vampire Relationship Guide (3 books)
  • The Vampire Relationship Guide: Secrets and Trust (The Vampire Relationship Guide, #2)
  • The Vampire Relationship Guide: Family and Feuds (Vampire Relationship Guide, #3)