Start by marking “Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)” as Want to Read:
Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)

Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)

Alexis Winston has been obsessed with famous race car driver Seth Keller ever since her older brother became best friends with him. After her parents pass away, Seth’s father becomes her legal guardian, and Seth begins referring to her as “kid sister.”

But when she returns home from college a grown woman, she becomes determined to prove to him that she is definitely not a “
ebook
Published (first published 2010)

Janet
Jul 29, 2011 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like the weakness of Lexi at first. However, she showed everyone that she was stronger then they had thought. Sure she had a rough childhood. She lost her parents at an early age. Grew up in a house of men. She spent time at the race track. The men in her life her brother, guardian and his son always protected her and wanted the best for her. What they didn't know the best was with them. This also gives you a better insight to what goes on at the track. Good read.
Katie
Mar 24, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kimberly Montague’s first novel, Racing Outside the Line: A Love Story at 190mph is a romance centered around the racing world and focussing on central character Alexis’ love for Seth, whose father has been her and her brother’s guardian since her parents died. The novel focuses on not just the beginning of the relationship but what follows and covers an extended period of time in order to fully establish the characters and their connections These family relationships and their impact on Alexis ...more
Fyreball
Jan 05, 2013 Fyreball rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
I have to start by saying I really liked Kimberly Montague's Accidental Texting. I believe Racing Outside the Lines was her first book but I recommend you don't start with it. I picked it up because I liked Accidental Texting so much and I only finished it out of sheer stubbornness. I found it immature, overwrought, filled with unsafe sex and, oddly, filled with the kind of sex scenes you see on tv - all build up and then the good stuff happens off camera. Finally, the editing was so-so.

Part of
Luna Chulhan
The BookWhisperer
Jan 31, 2012 The BookWhisperer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, favorites
Incredible Love Story! Any fans for Beautiful Disaster should jump on a board for this truly amazing romance. I was so completely overwhelmed by this story, and was hopelessly captivated from the start. This is one of those loves that you would lay down and die for. Seth and Alexis are amazing characters, and perfectly matched to offer a romance that is perfect in every possible way imaginable. Kimberly Montague starts off with a sucker punch that will knock you off your feet. She quickly follow ...more
CT
Jan 21, 2013 CT rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A falls in love with brothers best friend book. Liked the chemistry between the two main charcters, Seth and Lex as well as the side characters Desmond and Chelsea. Most of the book I really liked until about two thirds in when it felt like a longgg epilogue, I understand the need for closure on some issues but it could have all been cut short. Overall a great read and worth a read.
Sharon
Apr 22, 2015 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 sweet stars
L.A.
May 02, 2011 L.A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Article first published as Book Review: Racing Outside the Line by Kimberly Montague on Blogcritics.

The world of racing is not a private world. Auto racing is one of the countries national pastimes, it is very public, and rumors abound. Growing up in the racing industry would certainly be exciting, yet television and news is an avid reminder that everyone is in the spotlight, and secrets do not last long in the business. Romances are hot and breakups are cold, and most are reported in vivid det
Tyra Berger
Apr 04, 2011 Tyra Berger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Rev your engines and take this baby out for a spin! Kimberly Montague's debut novel RACING OUTSIDE THE LINE takes the checkered flag. Well written and teeming with interesting, believable characters, Ms Montague makes her reader feel like they are listening to a new friend tell her "how we met" story!

At 17 years old, Alexis Winston has had to deal with more tragedy than most people three times her age. She lost her mother to cancer, and then a few years later, she lost her father in a car accide
Lynxie
Dec 14, 2011 Lynxie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy, 4-star-review
Amusing and fast-paced for certain, Racing Outside the Line is an enjoyable romance story.

There were times where some typos got in the way of the scene, but they were easily overlooked overall. Another pass over by an editor wouldn't go astray.

I am not a car buff, nor will I ever be, so I was quite happy when Kimberly didn't go into too much detail about the cars and the racing. It was enough to satisfy my interests in the topic, providing enough filler to make the characters real and three dime
1000 +
This book had everything! A super sad love story, hope, devotion, soul mates, drama, humor.

Lexie, Seth, Desmond, Gene, Wyatt and Chelsea are amazing characters. Some of the most down to earth, real writing and background that I have ever seen come together in a story. I adored each and every one of the main characters and loved the interaction between them all. The realness of the racing industry and other details only added fuel to the already burning fire of reality in this book.

I sat back an
Sandhya
It is a romantic, fun read. Ok...I wud say sickeningly sweet.....toothache is sure :)!! I loved Ms. Montague's Accidental Texting: Finding Love despite the Spotlight and I wanted to try her other books, so this one and also, I love race-car heroes....so obviously I had to read this! And I enjoyed reading Racing outside the Line.
One thing I love about the author is her books always has the sweetest, romantic hero, so soft-hearted, you will just melt...!!
I don't want much into the storyline but,
Tiffani
Jan 23, 2012 Tiffani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was really disappointed.

The summary looked so exciting, original and fun, while it actually was not. It was kind of boring, couldn't keep my attention. I've read the entire book but still don't feel like I know the main characters. Only in the last 10 pages has racing some kind of importance, but that's all.

I had alot to say about this book, and none of it was good, but ROL was so boring even my comments slipped my mind. I expected better of Montague.
The only reason I gave it 2stars is because
Anna
Feb 14, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
So, I'm sort of a closet NASCAR fan. I love my tatted up rockers and my bad boys of romance, but there is something about a man that drives a fast car too!

This wasn't as much of a racing story as it was a great love story. The best part of the racing scene that was highlighted were the parts women would appreciate, like those catty driver's wives/girlfriends.

I was so blown away with the depth of this love and storyline. Just a wonderful book. I'm an official fan of Montague and will buy every l
K.G. White
May 03, 2013 K.G. White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I was craving a racetrack themed romance novel after reading the Racing on the Edge series by Shey Stahl and I was not disappointed. Alexis Winston was a typical sorority girl, however, and a lot of relationship building was incredibly cheesy and predictable, but I couldn't help but enjoy it. What happened to the sequel, we were left with a bit of a cliff hanger?
Jaren
Jun 21, 2013 Jaren rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Good grief. This book didn't work for me.

To make this short, Lex (the main character) is a helpless female who lets her emotions get the best of her most of the time. She depends on other people to help her get out of her funk. She's the other woman/third party in this story, yet she talked about not being able to trust the guy. Well, isn't that ironic?
Alexandra Woodcraft
This book was an enjoyable read I agree in part with some of the negative comments but still enjoyed it. The female was a bit winy in parts but did reprieve by the end of the book. I like the strong friend character I guess that is where the writer will take the next book.
Angarad
Really not impressed. Contrary to Accidently Texting, this book didn t drew me in at all. I thought the idea interesting in the beginning and decided to give it a shot but was really disappointed. I felt like there were no really story building no deep development. It was just so so sadly.
Christine Lederman
Sweet. I would have a little bit more about the racing aspect.
fuchsiared
Jan 05, 2013 fuchsiared rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adulthood
4 - 4.5 stars!

I like how the story didn't stop at HEA and went beyond that to life for eternity! Sweet, I know :)
Pang
Dec 11, 2012 Pang marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pang by: J B
OMG!! I've been seeking for the Novel with Racing Car storyline for long time! *happy dance* Thank you Jemmy! ;'>
Dianne
Nov 03, 2014 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The story held my interest from start to finish and I look forward to the next book in the series.
Jess
Jan 06, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothin like a good old southern guy ;)
me
Love this book too.. so when is the 2nd one coming out.. it is the start of a series correct?
Jessica
Jul 19, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book with a great love story! Wish there was a epilogue though. Love Seth!
Morgan Serra
Aug 15, 2016 Morgan Serra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

This book is amazing. I've read it at least 10 times and I still haven't gotten enough of it. I love this book!!!
Rina Smith
Jun 14, 2015 Rina Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This is a great quick read which shows the growth from puppy love to adult. Childhood friends, forbidden relationships and all out love.
Lauren
May 10, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

Awesome book from the start it grabs your attention from the start and doesn't let go ... would definitely read more by this author
Rhonda Bergamo
Jan 19, 2012 Rhonda Bergamo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great story. Love the characters from beginning to end. Seth is yummy. Can't wait for book 2 of series. Kimberly does a great job keep the reader wanting more.
Frances
Aug 01, 2013 Frances rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved it!!!
book like this? 1 7 Jul 26, 2013 01:24PM
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • Racing to Love: Jesse's Soul (Racing to Love, #2)
  • Sheltered in His Arms
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Hearts Under Caution
  • Breathless Descent
  • Heat Waves (Sexy City Nights, #3)
  • Thunderstruck
  • Wild Heart (Wild Heart, #1)
  • Back on Track
  • Lifelong Love: When You Know Better, You Do Better. (Book 1)
  • Out of the Ashes
  • Reckless Curves
  • Passion Fish
  • The Prince's Runaway Lover (Men of the Zodiac, #7)
Kimberly Montague was born and raised in the Bay Area of California before moving to North Carolina with her husband where they now live with their three dogs, Ronan, Kara, and Buffy along with their over-sized cat, Shadow. In her spare time, she enjoys watching True Blood, old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and reading tales of vampires. In addition to writing, she enjoys constantly readin ...more
More about Kimberly Montague...

“Well, good afternoon, sunshine. How are you feeling?"
"Like something the cat dragged in, then dragged back outside to leave in the rain, and mud, then the lightning hit it, and burned it, and the cat came back to tear it into pieces, before burying it.”
20 likes