Start by marking “No More Kissing” as Want to Read:
No More Kissing

No More Kissing

Why does there have to be so much kissing? That’s what Momo wants to know. Everyone’s kissing boo-boos, kissing babies, and worst of all, kissing him. So he decides to put an end to it. “No more kissing!” he declares. But when Momo gets a little brother, will he be able to follow his own rule?

From the Hardcover edition.
Published January 13th 2004 by Dragonfly Books (first published May 31st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about No More Kissing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No More Kissing

Shannon
Mar 02, 2017 Shannon rated it did not like it
When I first got into this book, I thought it was going to be a great story that shows kids (and parents, who sometimes need the lesson even more) that they have the right to say no if they don't want relatives/friends/strangers touching or kissing them. Teaching consent early is very important, and unfortunately when it comes to kids we tend to not value that. And sure enough, at the end of this book, the consent message goes out the window as the little boy who originally didn't want to be kis ...more
Aleya Williams
Jan 31, 2015 Aleya Williams rated it it was amazing
I think that this was a very sweet and cute book. I really liked that the text of the book is in a handwritten font, I think that it makes the book look a little more interesting. I also think that this would be a good book to read in a classroom because the storyline of the book would be very relatable to a lot of young children. Most young children do not want to be kissed all the time, hence the title, "No more kissing!".
Jenna
I didn't even realize that this was a sibling book!

The two older little boys in the story time crowd kept going "ewwwww kissing!" every time I mentioned a kiss. And then the little ones in the crowd started trying to kiss everyone. So a fun book all around that was easy to read.

Favorite line:

When my cousin Mimi hurt her finger, everyone had to kiss it better. She loves kissing. She'll kiss anything...but not ME!
Kristin Carlson
Mar 21, 2014 Kristin Carlson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The strength that this book had and the reason that I picked it was that is the students can relate to the story line. There maybe times where the students think something is not appropriate or feel like they are not getting the attention. When the student realizes that everything happens for a reason he or she will be able to enjoy the attention that they are getting and accept those around them
The Brothers
Feb 13, 2016 The Brothers rated it really liked it
Shelves: kisses, monkeys
I got this book specifically for Dexter (3 yo) who routinely declares, "No more kisses!" Though hugs are still okay. Anyway, it's the story of a little monkey who is tired of all the kissing going on in the jungle, in his family, with babies, everywhere! But, he may have a change of heart when his little brother comes along.

Really cute illustrations.
Ginny Marie
Jun 10, 2009 Ginny Marie rated it it was amazing
Momo definitely does not like kissing! He is constantly running away from everyone who tries to lay a kiss on him; his aunts, his cousin Mimi, and his mother. But when his adorable baby brother is born, Momo just may find that kissing isn't so bad after all.

Emma Chichester Clark's monkey tale is adorable!
Lindsay
This is a cute story about a little boy monkey who is sick of kisses, especially when his new baby brother is born. However, he soon changes his tune after he spends time with his brother.

I used this story for a monkey-themed Spanish story time program.
Parsons Parsons
This is a delightful innocent book written from a young boy's perspective on 'kissing'. He goes on a quest to find out why is all this kissing is going on? It was fun book read and the question is one we all ask.
Dolly
Sep 27, 2008 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008
Very cute story about a little boy monkey who is tired of all that kissing! Great illustrations, too!
Audrey
Feb 24, 2014 Audrey rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet little book. I think I like it so much because the text appears to be handwritten in pencil. I know it's silly, but I like the way it looks with the bright illustrations.
Christen
Feb 13, 2013 Christen rated it really liked it
Is it sad how amused I am with this monkey's disgust with kissing? Gentle message about love hidden in a bright and colorful animal book. In my box for my Smushy Feelings valentine storytime.
ah
Nov 18, 2013 ah rated it it was amazing
I loved, and loved, and loved it!

cute and funny
I like this concept!+_+

aw... I will read and read it again
Sue Lyle
Jan 24, 2013 Sue Lyle rated it really liked it
I love this book for small children. Why should children have to submit to being kissed when they don't want to. This puts the child's perspective. My 2 year old grandson loves it!
Ruth
Apr 04, 2011 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story, perfect for kids who always hide from grandma's kisses. It has a sweet resolution which sees Momo monkey kiss his little brother instinctively to stop him crying.
May 21, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I think this is one of the cutest kid books ever! I can totally see a little boy saying "No more kissing!" TOO cute!
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Madison Riley
Madison Riley rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2011
Mante
Mante rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Elizabeth S
Elizabeth S rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2010
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Houda
Houda rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2014
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Kaedra Hall
Kaedra Hall rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2013
Terri
Terri rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2008
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2011
Hero
Hero rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2013
Brittany Harrington
Brittany Harrington rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Jillberry
Jillberry rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Education:
Chelsea School of Art, B.A. (with honors), 1978;
Royal College of Art, M.A. (with honors), 1983.