Start by marking “Surf's Up” as Want to Read:
Surf's Up

Surf's Up (Hot Summer Days)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Free novelette written for the M/M Romance group's "Hot Summer Days" event.

----------

Dear Author,

I've had this beautiful man as my desktop wallpaper for two years now... I see a new story every time I look at him. I think he's waiting for someone, maybe someone he doesn't know; I love the way his posture echoes the woman in the mural - is this picture at the beach? What k
ebook, Online Fiction, 34 pages
Published July 13th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Surf's Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surf's Up

Exina
I love summertime stories, and this one was lovely too. Great plot with a surprising twist. Too bad it was very short; Surf’s Up has the potential to be a full-length novel.

Awesome characters, nice scenery, a mildly hot sex scene.

A sweet, enjoyable read.

Marte

*** 3,5 Summer stars ***

Ah, summer, beach, sand, holiday, romance.... It warmed me up on a cold day in February. A sweet and good tale of a summer romance with a bit of a twist or two. Nice ending which left the story open for more.

As a side note, though, the prompt says the picture prompt has been the desktop wallpaper for two years. This picture is nice and all, but really? There are a LOT of other and much greater pictures out there! Come on, live a little and change you wallpaper more often.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
A cute short story. I liked it wish there was a little more to the end. Also i wouldn't consider this role-play

CAS
Yeah.” Ryan cleared his throat. “I kind of like it here. I was thinking maybe of buying a condo. You know, a summer place.”

No "kind of" about it for me.. I LOVED it HERE and I love "Summer", especially with Ryan. These guys are a such a perfect fit! :)

Can't afford a condo but you can bet your.....I can and will buy some Sarah Madison!

SueM
Wendy Ann
Loved the whole story, but the ending was brilliant! I kept worrying throughout the story about Daniel getting caught spending too much time with the guests, or at least one in particular - LOL! Great combination of characters, story and sizzle:)

Lauren
This was definitely one of my favourites from the 'Hot Summer Days' stories - I absolutely loved it, especially the ending. Thanks for such a wonderful read, Sarah!
Yvonne
This one is perfect for the hot summer days stories. It had the feel of a nice beach vacation. Lots of charm with a little twist at the end.
Sadonna
Jul 23, 2011 Sadonna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: free, mm
One of my favorites of these HJD stories. Great characters, nice build up, wonderful surprises all add up to a great read.
Zach Sweets
Fantastic story! I was little scare of the ending but grinned hugely when their life together wasnt over :D thank you!
Bettye Kanady
Nov 18, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
Kath
this story was awesome i loved it!
it was short and sweet mind you but a good read! the characters were perfect for each other
the ending was really nice and the bomb shell unexpected (^.^)
GlamLawyer
Nice read just a bit too insta-love and a bit too much like a fairytale for my preferences. Still enjoyed it.
Monique
Cute story! I love the little twist about Daniel's identity. So perfect. Ryan was adorable. Am I the only one who would love to read his series about a vampire detective?
Kendra
This was a great short story! Very sweet about a guy who works at a hotel who meets someone visiting there. These 2 were adorable from the start and it was great to see how much they could enjoy each other and fall for each other in such a short time. I must admit that I had questions as the story went on (view spoiler) that by ...more
Lila Leigh Hunter
A really cute story with a nice ending.
Cindi
I totally did not see that little twist at the end coming. I had to go back and re-read some of it only to see what was right in front of me the entire time.

This was a great story. Ryan is perfect. Daniel is the perfect beach bum/hotel employee.... an employee who comes across as not doing his job most of the time.... :)

This was a great read. Definitely one of my faves of the Hot Summer Days stories.

Oh, and the picture is HOT.
Marge
I really liked this story. So many anthology stories are just "they meet, exchange a few quips, have sex, maybe they'll stay together" and I simply won't take the time to read many of them anymore. I much prefer a story with some meat--which this one is! It has a little hurt/comfort, an interesting subplot with Ryan's agent, of course the hawt sex, and then a great twist at the end. I enjoy the multiple layers Sarah has in her stories.
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Jan 14, 2015 Britta ★ Nachteule ★ marked it as to-read
Shelves: hot-summer-days

***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two anthology. Story #19***
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
This was a sweet story about a guy who works at a beach resort hotel who meets a guy staying there who happens to be a writer. Things happen very quickly for them, but it works out for them. This was a very enjoyable read, though it could have stood to be a bit longer. The ending felt a little rushed.
I liked this. It was sweet but like all these short stories, it was too short. However, I didn't feel like it was rushed or incomplete. Well done.
MountainKat
*3 1/2 Stars*

Nice, short read. Liked the story, liked the characters, but like always I wanted more.
Mary
I thought it was well written and I love Ryan and Daniel. Hate Marissa as should be!
Rachel
Very sweet story with two characters who had great chemistry together.
Sylvia
Sweet Summer story, with a nice twist.
Aniko
  • Sink or Swim
  • A Little Bit Country
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Dog Days of Summer

Sarah Madison has a large dog, and an even bigger horse, too many cats, and a very patient boyfriend. She enjoys photography, hiking with her German Shepherd, and competing her horse in the sport of combined training and eventing. Writing has become a passion that sometimes
More about Sarah Madison...

Hot Summer Days (1 - 10 of 112 books)
  • Open Tackle