Start by marking “Surf's Up” as Want to Read:
Surf's Up

Surf's Up (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
I've had this beautiful man as my desktop wallpaper for two years now... I see a new story every time I look at him. I think he's waiting for someone, maybe someone he doesn't know; I love the way his posture echoes the woman in the mural - is this picture at the beach? What kind of van or truck is he leaning on? Maybe it's a delivery van, and he's trying to c
Published July 13th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Surf's Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surf's Up

Exina
I love summertime stories, and this one was lovely too. Great plot with a surprising twist. Too bad it was very short; Surf’s Up has the potential to be a full-length novel.

Awesome characters, nice scenery, a mildly hot sex scene.

A sweet, enjoyable read.

Marte

*** 3,5 Summer stars ***

Ah, summer, beach, sand, holiday, romance.... It warmed me up on a cold day in February. A sweet and good tale of a summer romance with a bit of a twist or two. Nice ending which left the story open for more.

As a side note, though, the prompt says the picture prompt has been the desktop wallpaper for two years. This picture is nice and all, but really? There are a LOT of other and much greater pictures out there! Come on, live a little and change you wallpaper more often.

A Girl Has No Name
2.5 stars rounded up to 3!

Surf’s Up is a contribution to the Don’t Read in the Closet event of the m/m romance group here on Goodreads and I felt really intrigued by the prompt picture and the blurb. And the very detailed opening scene of the story took into account all the details requested by the group member and I immediately fell for Daniel. He was a really interesting character and it was great to find out more about him in a slow rhythm.

Unfortunately, I didn’t like Ryan all that much and
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Nov 28, 2011 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, m-m
A cute short story. I liked it wish there was a little more to the end. Also i wouldn't consider this role-play

Britta ★ Nachteule ★

***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two anthology. Story #19***

Hmmm.... nice. Nothing special but nice.

The end was surprising since I was worried that Daniel would get problems with his boss for spending too much time with one of the guests.

I enjoyed the story while it lasted but it won't stay with me for long.
CAS
Jul 19, 2011 CAS rated it it was amazing
Yeah.” Ryan cleared his throat. “I kind of like it here. I was thinking maybe of buying a condo. You know, a summer place.”

No "kind of" about it for me.. I LOVED it HERE and I love "Summer", especially with Ryan. These guys are a such a perfect fit! :)

Can't afford a condo but you can bet your.....I can and will buy some Sarah Madison!

SueM
Jul 27, 2011 SueM rated it really liked it
Wendy Ann
Aug 02, 2011 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
Loved the whole story, but the ending was brilliant! I kept worrying throughout the story about Daniel getting caught spending too much time with the guests, or at least one in particular - LOL! Great combination of characters, story and sizzle:)

Yvonne
Jul 29, 2011 Yvonne rated it really liked it
This one is perfect for the hot summer days stories. It had the feel of a nice beach vacation. Lots of charm with a little twist at the end.
Lauren
This was definitely one of my favourites from the 'Hot Summer Days' stories - I absolutely loved it, especially the ending. Thanks for such a wonderful read, Sarah!
Tamara (Nanny Ogg)
May 04, 2014 Tamara (Nanny Ogg) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tamara (Nanny Ogg) by: Mary
Sadonna
Jul 23, 2011 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, mm
One of my favorites of these HJD stories. Great characters, nice build up, wonderful surprises all add up to a great read.
Pixie
Jul 04, 2015 Pixie rated it liked it
Nice, didn’t see how this was going to work out. Pleasantly surprised.
Bettye Kanady
Nov 11, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
Kendra T
Mar 18, 2012 Kendra T rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story, mm
This was a great short story! Very sweet about a guy who works at a hotel who meets someone visiting there. These 2 were adorable from the start and it was great to see how much they could enjoy each other and fall for each other in such a short time. I must admit that I had questions as the story went on (view spoiler) that by ...more
Cindi
Jul 10, 2012 Cindi rated it it was amazing
I totally did not see that little twist at the end coming. I had to go back and re-read some of it only to see what was right in front of me the entire time.

This was a great story. Ryan is perfect. Daniel is the perfect beach bum/hotel employee.... an employee who comes across as not doing his job most of the time.... :)

This was a great read. Definitely one of my faves of the Hot Summer Days stories.

Oh, and the picture is HOT.
Marge
Dec 01, 2011 Marge rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story. So many anthology stories are just "they meet, exchange a few quips, have sex, maybe they'll stay together" and I simply won't take the time to read many of them anymore. I much prefer a story with some meat--which this one is! It has a little hurt/comfort, an interesting subplot with Ryan's agent, of course the hawt sex, and then a great twist at the end. I enjoy the multiple layers Sarah has in her stories.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Sep 13, 2011 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, freebies
This was a sweet story about a guy who works at a beach resort hotel who meets a guy staying there who happens to be a writer. Things happen very quickly for them, but it works out for them. This was a very enjoyable read, though it could have stood to be a bit longer. The ending felt a little rushed.
Serena
Apr 18, 2016 Serena rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr-dritc, romance-mm
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two

My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again
Monique
Jan 30, 2014 Monique rated it really liked it
Cute story! I love the little twist about Daniel's identity. So perfect. Ryan was adorable. Am I the only one who would love to read his series about a vampire detective?
Mary
Jan 07, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
I thought it was well written and I love Ryan and Daniel. Hate Marissa as should be!
Jenn
Jul 19, 2016 Jenn rated it really liked it
Perfect little story! Well drawn characters, great setting, nice romance.
MountainKat
*3 1/2 Stars*

Nice, short read. Liked the story, liked the characters, but like always I wanted more.
Rachel Emily
Very sweet story with two characters who had great chemistry together.
Kath
this story was awesome i loved it!
it was short and sweet mind you but a good read! the characters were perfect for each other
the ending was really nice and the bomb shell unexpected (^.^)
Roro
Oct 07, 2016 Roro rated it liked it
3.5
Lila Hunter
A really cute story with a nice ending.
Sylvia
Aug 12, 2011 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Sweet Summer story, with a nice twist.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sweet Dreams
  • Dog Days of Summer
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • A Little Bit Country

Sarah Madison has a large dog, and an even bigger horse, too many cats, and a very patient boyfriend. She enjoys photography, hiking with her German Shepherd, and competing her horse in the sport of combined training and eventing. Writing has become a passion that sometimes
More about Sarah Madison...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix