Start by marking “Изчезналият герой (Героите на Олимп, #1)” as Want to Read:
Изчезналият герой (Героите на Олимп, #1)

Изчезналият герой (The Heroes of Olympus #1)

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  429,528 Ratings  ·  14,506 Reviews
Eдно петнайсетгодишно момче се събужда без спомени в училищен автобус, пълен с тийнейджъри на екскурзия. Няма минало, но очевидно си има гадже на име Пайпър и най-добър приятел смешник, който се казва Лио.
Когато странна буря отприщва група страховити създания срещу него и приятелите му, а после и една хвърковата колесница ги отнася на място, наречено лагера на нечистокръвн
Published 2011 by Егмонт България (first published October 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Изчезналият герой, please sign up.

Isidora This happened to me too. I felt like it was very different and it could have been easier and more fun if the characters kept telling the story as…moreThis happened to me too. I felt like it was very different and it could have been easier and more fun if the characters kept telling the story as Percy did (first person).(less)
LaShaun It's not a requirement to read the original Percy Jackson series to understand what's going on in the Heroes of Olympus series. In fact, it seems like…moreIt's not a requirement to read the original Percy Jackson series to understand what's going on in the Heroes of Olympus series. In fact, it seems like Rick made a point to make it easier for new readers to enjoy the series.

However, there are many references to events and characters from the original series, so it's definitely helpful to read them (not watch the movies - the movies are pretty different from the books).(less)
Mistborn by Brandon SandersonThe Way of Kings by Brandon SandersonThe Gunslinger by Stephen KingThe Way of Shadows by Brent WeeksHowl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Sword and Laser Fantasy List
395th out of 775 books — 1,200 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisAlice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Planning a Reading List for The Next Generation
237th out of 438 books — 200 voters

More lists with this book...

Nightshade
Zoë
May 07, 2015 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

THAT ENDING WAS SOOO GOOD. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK ASAP PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
Ana
Dec 04, 2013 Ana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: loathed
Probably SPOILER ALERT, but nothing you couldn't have figured out in the first few pages.

According to Goodreads, 97% of people liked it. But the 3% will rise!

Prepare yourself for the first yet negative review of this book.

I was so excited for this book to come out. But then I read it, and was very disappointed. Just to clarify, I LOVED the original Percy Jackson series. They were amazing. This, however, was not.

The characters were all Sues:

1. Piper's perfection. "I'M SO BEAUTIFUL BUT I MUST HIDE
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Well, I finished re-reading all the Percy Jackson & the Olympians books, so now I'm attempting to re-read all the Heroes of Olympus books as well––mostly because I wanted to refresh my memory before The Blood of Olympus comes out. After that, no more Percy Jackson ... *sobs*

So yeah, I've now finished re-reading this one––which was a good idea, because as I read it I realized I'd forgotten like 99% of what happened in it. I also think I liked it a lot better reading it the second time, probab
~Tina~
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

New prophecy. New characters. New adventure. Same, EPIC world!!!

Meet our new demigods; Jason, Piper and Leo.
Jason is the mystery in this trio, see he doesn't remember anything, not even who he is. A God has stolen his memories.
Piper has a secret, a terrible one that will only cause pain and suffering, but what other choice does she have?
Leo
Darth J
I'll be honest, I liked this Roman series less than the Greek one for a number of reasons. One was their camp wasn't nearly as interesting as Camp Half-Blood. Another was that there was more of an emphasis on pairing up characters and I'm just not a fan of romance. I think another was knowing that I wouldn't get to see the rest of the stories on the big screen since Chris Columbus ruined what would have been a successful film franchise.

My biggest gripe is that Percy isn't even in this book. Does
Whitney Atkinson
Feb 03, 2016 Whitney Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have been around long enough to know my reviews for the original Percy Jackson series, you'd know that I wasn't the hugest fan. I thought it was veeeery juvenile, even for a series intended for middle schoolers, I was just very put off by the corniness of it. However, I finished that series because I wanted to read this one, which I hear is better. And it so is. I really enjoyed the three main characters. I felt that in this book, I could actually relate to them and understand their backs ...more
Liam
Aug 25, 2015 Liam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
( 3.7 STARS )

This was really great, it felt amazing to be back in Percy Jackson's world (despite the fact he wasn't in this one).

I loved the new characters and the new ideas within the plot! It didn't take me long to get attached to the new trio and I'm looking forward to going on more adventures with them in the future!

It was also really nice to see old characters and references to the Percy Jackson series, they were brought in nicely and worked really well!

The only thing that let this book do
Stephanie
Mar 28, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone!
Shelves: favorites, 2010, 2011
Tears literally came to my eyes when I finished this book. I just loved it so much I wanted to cry. Riordan dives right into the story. There were a lot of questions of who everyone's parents were so Piper's godly parent surprised me but it I thought it was pretty cool. Jason's turned out to be what I expected but with a spin. And Leo's was pretty predictable but there is something very unique about him....

Riordan perfectly meshes Greek and Roman mythology. It's ingenious the way he does it. It'
Clau R.
Feb 02, 2015 Clau R. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hilarious-humor, 2015
THE ENDING. OMFG.
Daria
Apr 03, 2011 Daria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I finished this book in 8 hours of solid reading. Yes, even 400-something pages of Greek mythology take that long.

And the first thing which I should mention is that this book, and some others which have come before it and all those which will follow, have nothing going for them except for plot. Absolutely nothing. (Well, unless you count occasional hilarious one-liners on the side. I guess I should.)

Of course, we can't discuss this book without discussing the original Percy Jackson and the
Stephanie
Jan 30, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, sci-fi, 2011
Last weekend I drew a 12yr old girl named Ashley(I'm a caricature/portrait artist, for those who don't know). When you have a person in your chair, and they are staring back at you, you feel obligated to have a conversation. Over time you just get bored asking the same question over and over......and over. "what grade are you in?" "What do you do up there in Detroit?" "Is this your first visit to unnamed water park?" ect.

One thing I like to ask kids is "What is your favorite subject?" Nine times
Etnik
May 19, 2015 Etnik marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors
description

All of my friends seem to have read this series,and I want to start it so much,but I haven't read the Persy Jackson series yet.Can this series be read before Persy Jackson,or is this a prequel or a sequel.And if you have read this,any feedback?

description
Samantha
May 20, 2015 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(4.5 stars) People where not joking when they said it was even better than the Percy Jackson books! Cannot wait to get book 2!
Thomas Dolan
Jan 05, 2014 Thomas Dolan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a little of this book, on previews and at Barnes and Noble, and I must say I'm rather disappointed. Is it just me, or is it when authors start a new series after an extremely successful one it, is, to put it mildly, lacking? Maybe I set my hopes to high, but it's such a letdown to be expecting a well woven story and getting a, 'And then they did this, then they went and did this, but this happened.'. Perhaps Riordan had some sort of "writer's-high" when he was writing the Olympians, bu ...more
Cait Grace
THIS? I LIKE. I had a rocky start to Riordan's first Percy Jackson series. I mean it was cute and quirky buuuuut...it lacked the punch. The Lost Hero had the PUNCH. The plot was way more complex and I loved being in 3 character's heads instead of just one. And the 3rd person? LOVED IT.

I'm being converted into a Riordan fangirl. #notevensad

So we have 3 POVs: Jason, Piper, and Leo. I was wary that it'd be another Annabeth/Percy/Grover trio BUT NOPE. Their personalities were completely different.
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars
Final rating - for the whole series: 5.5/5 stars

“It'll be dangerous," Nyssa warned him. "Hardship, monsters, terrible suffering. Possibly none of you will come back alive."
"Oh." Suddenly Leo didn't look so excited. Then he remembered everyone was watching. "I mean... Oh, cool! Suffering? I love suffering! Let's do this.”

Wow, i have to say, this series seemed addicting right from the start. As soon as i heard about this spin off series, i had to read it. But first, i h
Joyzi
Dec 27, 2010 Joyzi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cutesy Fans of Riordan
Recommended to Joyzi by: Librarian at NBS
Book Review (down there somewhere)

***Thoughts Before Reading***
Just bought it today! Actually I'm gonna buy the Hunger Games paperback instead since I want my own copy of it but unfortunately it was out of stock and this one caught my eye.
__________________
***Book Review***

***Introduction***

First off let me start by saying that reading the dedication part of this book made me almost cried again. I've already written the Riordan/Haley story in my review of The Lightning Thief but in case you've n
Grace (LovingDemBooks)
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

3.5 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). What a great start to a new series! Sadly this book didn't have Percy. It would've been so much better with Percy, just saying.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no troub
Vane J.
These books are like drugs. I should probably clarify I've never done drugs, but you know what people say (besides "they're bad"): They're addictive, and if you stop using them all of a sudden, symptoms of abstinence are going to present themselves.

That is what happened to me. I read the Percy Jackson books in no time, and then when I spent 2 and a half days without reading anything related, one of the biggest book hangovers in my life started. But gratefully, I discovered this series and I didn
Kcatty
Jun 02, 2015 Kcatty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: riordan, i-has-it, r-redo
Has anybody thought of the fact that Percy has an empathy link with Grover? So Grover could, in theory, contact Percy when the latter's still an amnesiac. I wonder if Riordan's thought of this...
Note: If you want the actual review, go down. But if you are willing to read through my rambling critique of the preview chapters, by all means, go ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Some Olympian lingo for you:
The PJ, or PJO series- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series
CHO - Camp Half-Blood
For no
Trina (Between Chapters)
I enjoyed this more than the last few Percy Jackson books!

I found it really refreshing to have new characters in this world, while still having a few familiar faces around too. I liked the blending of the Greek and Roman mythologies.

Really, it's about the characters. Rick and his (still) cheater narration make me care about them. So I will be continuing this series.
Cassandra Lê
Jan 05, 2014 Cassandra Lê rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!
I'm expected a lot in this book, 'cause now Percy Jackson won't be the main character anymore. I thought three new demigods will like the " copycat" of Annabeth, Grover, and Percy. But they have totally new characteristics. This book is a lot more humorous than Percy Jackson series.
In this book, it continued the prophecy of " The Last Olympian". Oh , I read and I gasped, then read again. Rick Riordan's writing is so much better. The one who told the story are the three new demigods, J
Carol.
May 28, 2012 Carol. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mythology fans
Medusa, hydras, cyclops, Hercules, winged shoes, magical trickery--what's not to love about Greek myths? Being a mythology geek, I was naturally drawn to the 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series that focused on the modern demi-god children of the Olympian gods. While interesting conceptually and done well, it wasn't particularly remarkable storytelling. Riordan's new series, however, looks to surpass the old, seizing the golden apple. It's classic coming-of-age disguised as adventure novel, ...more
Kayla Rice
So. I want to start by saying I was a HUGE fan of the Percy Jackson series (duh) and also that I was a little wary about buying this book. I mean, it's not about PERCY anymore. And although I ended up enjoying it immensly, I was right to be wary.
The third-person narrative wasn't nearly as fascinating as Percy's first-person speech. Moreover, out of the three narrators, I only found Leo interesting. Piper was irritating and Jason was just bland. With the exception of Leo, there was not NEARLY as
Hailey (HailsHeartsNyc)
I just love Rick Riordan. His writing is just so conversational yet eloquent, I really just can't even describe it.
I loved the new characters and mythology introduced in this book BUT, that being said, this book wasn't what I was expecting. I still loved it, but I feel like it is more of a companion to the Percy Jackson Series rather than a continuation, which is what I had heard it was. I still loved it though so don't yell at me!!!!!
Liz

A series by Rick Riordan that is even more thrilling than "Percy Jackson"? I thought it was not possible.

I was wrong. Terribly wrong

I don't know how Riordan is doing it but this book is....

The plot is breathtaking. A new hero who has no memories and his loyal friends. A goddess imprisoned by old mighty monsters. The roman and the greek mythology combined. Percy who disappeared and Annabeth desperately searching for him. Secrets, monsters...What else do you need?
Right- Nothing!
The story is per
Amelie
Dec 26, 2013 Amelie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Ich liebe Percy Jackson, ich liebe es. Und ich habe immer wieder gehört, dass Helden des Olymp noch viel besser sein soll als Percy Jackson. Aber wisst ihr was? Ist es nicht.
Ich kann natürlich nicht beurteilen wie das bei den weiteren Bänden aussieht, aber Der verschwundene Halbgott hat mir leider nicht so gut gefallen wie Percy Jackson. Das lag vor allem daran, dass Percy die ganze Zeit lang eben "verschwunden" war und ohne Percy war die Geschichte leider nur halb so amüsant. Jason ist kein sch
Leo Valdez!!! Isn't he awesome?? 148 268 Apr 26, 2016 12:34PM
Am I the Only One Who Hates Piper? 356 458 Apr 19, 2016 06:40AM
Is there going to be a movie for this? 184 1358 Apr 12, 2016 01:17PM
Greek Mythology 8 38 Apr 10, 2016 11:30AM
English 4/3rd Hour: Starting the Heroes of Olympus series 1 5 Mar 28, 2016 07:59AM
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Scumble (Savvy, #2)
  • Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice, #9)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
  • The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm, #2)
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)
  • The Necromancer  (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #4)
  • May Bird Among the Stars (May Bird, #2)
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
  • Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (Underland Chronicles, #2)
  • The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2)
  • Behemoth (Leviathan, #2)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • Mines of the Minotaur (The Companions Quartet, #3)

More about Rick Riordan...

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

“Jason scratched his head. "You named him Festus? You know that in Latin, ‘festus’ means ‘happy’? You want us to ride off to save the world on Happy the Dragon?” 1755 likes
“Leo: Rainbows. Very macho.
Annabeth: Butch is our best equestrian, he gets along great with the pegasi.
Leo: Rainbows, ponies...
Butch: I'm gonna toss you off this chariot.”
1281 likes