Start by marking “The Truth About Stacey: A Graphic Novel (BSC Graphix, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Stacey: A Graphic Novel (BSC Graphix, #2)

The Truth About Stacey: A Graphic Novel (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #2)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  1,959 ratings  ·  137 reviews
America's favorite baby-sitters come to life in a new graphic novel series!

Poor Stacey. She's moved to a new town. She's still coming to terms with her diabetes. She's facing baby-sitting problems left and right. And her parents are no help.

Luckily, Stacey has three new, true friends -- Kristy, Claudia, and Mary Anne. Together they're the BSC, and they will deal with whate
Published November 1st 2006 by Scholastic Graphix

Jeffrey Zeldman

I love the story it is just so o I have no idea werds
Teddy Bear Books
I would really like to know if this is supposed to be a modernized-version of the baby-sitters club. The book itself never mentions what year it is, but I know the original series by Anne M. Martin was written in the eighties. Anyway, I say this because of Stacey's type-one diabetes.
As a teenage type-one myself, it is crucial for me that Stacey's diabetes is accurate. She is one of the only fictional diabetic characters in literature, and so I was really hoping to be able to identify with her. T
Nov 19, 2007 laaaaames rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: recovering hypochondriacs
Until I was about twenty-seven, I was absolutely terrified I would wet the bed. Now, I have never, ever wet the bed as an adult or a child, but I figured if I ever accidentally wet the bed, I was going to end up with diabetes (or at least a lot of blood work to find out I didn't have it) so basically I trained my bladder to awaken me upon the slightest hint, which means up until I forced myself out of this habit, I was getting up every night about five and six times for next to nothing.

Once I wa
Christine Grant
This is one of my first graphic novel reads. This is the 2015 rerelease, and I really liked it. I was obsessed with the BSC ehen I was a kid, so it was neat to experience it in a new way. I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much without reading the original.
As I stated earlier in the year, I was pleasantly and delightfully surprised by Raina Telgemeier's Graphix edition of Kristy’s Big Idea, so there was much rejoicing across the Reading Nook when The Truth About Stacey arrived in our mailbox.

Telgemeier follows a similar formula to her adaptation of Kristy’s Big Idea, using storylines from Ann M. Martin’s original book to form the foundation for exploring Stacey McGill’s struggles with diabetes. However, Telgemeier also adds much-needed elements o
Devon Flaherty
Smile, Sisters, and Drama, by Raina Telgemeier. All three are Middle Grades graphic novels, the first two memoir and the last realistic fiction. They were published in 2010, 2012, and 2014 (not respectively). They have all been NY Times bestsellers and have won numerous awards.

For me, a sad part of reading a graphic novel is that it goes so quick. I enjoyed reading Smile, but man did it read fast. For me, it was just one sitting, not even an afternoon, like as long as it would take me to pe
I don't like the overhead light in my room. It's so bright, and I much prefer the softer, yellower light of my desk lamp. That said, I couldn't read this by desk lamp. I needed as much light as I could, to take in all the beautiful colours of this book.

I haven't written a review of the original release of the book, so it's worth mentioning how much I love that Raina Telgemeier incorporated parts of Stacey's Book into the story to give more back-story and to flesh it out. The flashbacks (with
So cute I can't wait to read the next two they are such light quick reads!!
These books hold up so well, particularly with their new outfits and context via Ms. Telgemeier (We ADORE Telgemeier at our house). I appreciate the girls' varying strengths, attitudes, and the way they work out problems together. It's not preachy - it's how life kinda works for a lot of kids like me and my friends and for my kids and their friends. Just every day stuff, done so well.
I'm almost glad there aren't more of them - Littlest Kid had to get used to reading regular novels to find out wh
This book gives me a feeling of excitements and confidence.You should really read this book because that giving up is not a solution to problems. This book shows many themes that I think that you guys should read about,I mean doesn't even the title get you excited like I mean come on guys doesn't "The Baby-Sitters Club" make you wonder what this is all about. I swear that this book gives me so entertained that sometimes i can't even stop reading the book.Therefor I think you should really read ...more
Wow, this one was chock-full of stuff. I really love seeing the BSC books come to live with these graphic novels. I hope there will be several more, well maybe not the whole series (as there are so many books), but maybe a few of the special ones.

This time Stacey is the main character and it was so interesting to see things from her POV. Don't get me wrong, Kristy is an amazing character and I really liked her, but Stacey is just a bit different. Both of the girls have had their share of problem
Dec 10, 2010 Natalia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My cousin
Recommended to Natalia by: Nobody
Riley S
I read The Truth about Stacey by Raina Telgemier. I enjoyed this book because it was very funny and relatable. I loved this book especially in the series because of the main character Stacey. She moved from New York City. It was fun to read about considering the fact I have also moved several times. I thought it was very funny how when she was telling her friends she was diabetic all of her friends thought she was about to say she was anorexic. I did like how it was the comic book version of the ...more
Mrs W
I’m a fan of Raina Telgemeier’s graphic novels, and I loved the Baby-Sitters Club novels in junior high. I think Raina is a great choice for adapting these stories into a graphic series because her playful, cartoony style is appealing to young readers, and I suspect she’s a fan. (A BSC book made a cameo in her graphic memoir Smile.)

This second book adapts the third original novel, and is from seventh-grader Stacey’s perspective. It shows how her diabetes affects her life. Her friends in New York
Holly Letson
As a fan of the original BSC series of books, I was glad to get this book, so I could see the BSC girls as manga characters. But, I kept it on the shelf, keeping on meaning to read it, but never doing so. Then, this month, a Goodreads club I'm in had a thread where you use to pick a number of a book on your to-read shelf, and my number matched this one. I still kept placing it aside to read other books, such as library books, but did finally finish it today.
Stacey McGil
What. Happened.

The first book was SO GOOD! This isn’t even the second book in the series. What happened to Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls??? Why wasn’t that one made into a graphic novel? More importantly, from what I remember, Stacey kept her diabetes a big secret from the other babysitters. I thought this book was about telling them, too. Even though I was disappointed in this book, I’m still glad I read it. There has to be a good explanation for everything that they did differently, righ
Lindsay Robertson
Stacy has lived in New York City her entire life until in her early teens, she develops Type 1 Diabetes. Suddenly her parents force her to move to a small town in Connecticut where she restarts her life with the help of the local Baby-sitters Club. Things are going well until two older girls start the Babysitting Agency and start stealing the Club's clients. Follow Stacy as she works to come to terms with her diabetes and tries to save her Club's future.

I was never one to read comic books or gra
I like the web comic feel to the drawings. I don't remember the original series too well, though I did read them when I was a kid. With that in mind, I can't say whether or not this adaptation brings anything new to the table. The new format might appeal to more readers in this day and age of comics. Come to think of it, though, does anyone trust 13 year olds to babysit? These days I seriously doubt it.
Heenly Pelayo
I love this book. I have read this book probably a billion times and IYet I still love it. I recommend it for any girl, any age. People may think this book is like the other babysitters club book but nah those are boring. This one is way better and honestly it's wayyyy better. If you haven't noticed yet the author of this book is Raina T. Which is the author of many #1 books. For examples, drama and smile, which I believe gives you one more reason to read this book.
very good

This book is about Stacey still coming to terms with her diabetes. She commonly has to go see doctors in New York. And back at home a rival baby sitting service called the baby sitters agency starts up and the baby sitters club is getting. Less calls. I'm a huge fan of the baby sitters club series. I hope to see more. :)
A friend of mine said whenever she feels like she's in a reading rut or everything is starting to run together, she reads a Baby-sitters Club book. On Thursday a signed copy of this book arrived in my mailbox at work. I took it as a sign, here's my Baby-sitter's Club book to read in my current reading slump. @megholloway
I'm not a big fan of this series, (I prefer the Boxcar Children series) and I'm also not a big fan of the graphic novel version. I prefer the chapter book setting because that is what I grew up reading, but I definitely know why most kids today would prefer the graphic novel version. It provides them with visuals, and this is great especially for struggling readers. Seeing the pictures might give them a better idea of what is happening. I also see why children like this series, it is about reali ...more
This is a wonderful book about 4 inspiring middle school girls joining a club called the baby sitters club so you can probably guess what they are doing...... They are baby sitting and through out the series there are twists and turns. The babysitters club is a wonderful graphic novel!!!!!
Kayra Guven
This graphic novel was as predictable as the first book in the series, if not more. It was so obvious that the agency would fail and the club would be successful again. The book was cute though. I just hope that the next graphic novel in the series is a bit more original.
I read the series a long time ago, but never the graphic novels! So that's what A. Martin depicted going on, or at least approved enough not to cause any trouble over.

In my head it was a little different, but not enough to make a huge impact in my approval level.
Nancy King
New BSC book luv it!

La la la la la la la la love! It!!!! I chose this rate because I love the story of Staceys life and it's soooo good Ann and raian you make a good team -Cheese llama

Nicole Otting
Seeing a childhood favorite in graphic novel form was just as fun as reading these books the first time. I remember reading about Stacey and diabetes and how that was my first exposure to the topic at all. Raina Telgemeier did a wonderful job illustrating!!!
Katie Lawrence
Reading this just brought me back! I loved Babysitters Club when I was in middle school, what fun to read a new version with illustrations by Raina Telgemeier. A nice look at friendship, responsibility and diabetes too. I always appreciated that Stacey's story revealed the challenges of moving coupled with dealing with medical needs.

Digital copy provided by Edelweiss Above the Treeline/Scholastic
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Gabby and Gator
  • Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 7: The Meaning of Life... and Other Stuff (Amelia Rules! #7)
  • To Dance: A Ballerina's Graphic Novel
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade
  • Roller Girl

More about Ann M. Martin...

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (4 books)
  • The Baby-Sitters Club: Kristy's Great Idea (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Baby-Sitters Club: Mary Anne Saves the Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Baby-Sitters Club: Claudia and Mean Janine (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels, #4)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) Rain Reign