Curious Hearts

Curious Hearts

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Curious, unusual love stories for all tastes in literature.
Published August 1st 2011 by Melange Books, LLC (first published July 23rd 2011)

Su Halfwerk
This is a review of Doppelganger from Curious Hearts anthology:
Doppelganger is about making the right choice when it comes to matters of the heart. This tale gives hope.
Like I mentioned in my previous reviews, Jenny Twist has the ability to draw you right in and keep you there. I connected with Christine, even found myself glancing at my toes as I read the first few paragraphs. Christine's reasoning and actions were drawn well with tight writing style. Even at the end, Christine's choice made to...more
Tara Hall
A-mazing Shift by Jane Carver A maze in 2011 throws Jolie back to the summer of 1969. Away from her husband Al, now with her lover Remy, will she stay in the past? Where does her heart truly belong?

I was drawn right in, and wasn’t sure until the very end if Jolie would get back to her time, or choose to stay with Remy. A very sweet, moving, and well written tale, with the spice of a quickie thrown in. B+

Retrograde Travellers by Ellen Margret Interfering with the past is forbidden but an apprent...more
Mysti Parker
Anthologies are interesting. You get a wide range of stories and styles. Curious Hearts was no exception. Seven authors contributed to the collection, with a common theme of tough choices involving love. Within the pages were tales of time-travel, space travel, the draw toward old lovers, experimenting with new love, and a near-death experience.

Each story showcased the author's unique voice. I particularly enjoyed that some of them didn't end quite the way you'd expect. The choices that had to b...more
Mysti Parker

Joaquin Santiago
T.D. Jones pointedly reminds the reader that no one can run away from their past. However, her realistic resolution demonstrates we can come to terms with it. “Better late than never” immediately comes to mind adopting a new meaning. Although placing all our feelings on the table and saying sorry are very important, it is sometimes “a little too late” to get past forgiveness and begin again, a reality of life.

A funeral can bring people together, but at the end of the day it takes more than that...more
Autumn
Autumn added it
Mar 19, 2014
Melissa Blanchard
Melissa Blanchard marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Radia
Radia marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Victoria Adams
Victoria Adams marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Linda McLaughlin
Linda McLaughlin marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Erika
Erika added it
Oct 05, 2013
Kae Wheeler
Kae Wheeler marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013