Start by marking “How to Build Your Dream Cabin in the Woods: The Ultimate Guide to Building and Maintaining a Backcountry Getaway” as Want to Read:

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Everyone dreams of having a cabin in the woods-a wood-hewn structure with all (or, at least many of) the amenities of home-tucked away on a mountaintop with an awe-inspiring view, or nestled on the shore of a trout-filled stream or bass-laden lake. Most people also believe that such a dream house is just that-the stuff of dreams-not affordable, not buildable without hiring ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by Lyons Press (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about How to Build Your Dream Cabin in the Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Build Your Dream Cabin in the Woods

Zinta
So many of us have a dream cabin in the woods envisioned in our minds—I do, too. Most of us never do get to realize it, but it can still be fun to dream. Actually, as I write this, I seem to be nearing the realization of my dream, and so I picked up the Kindle version of How to Build Your Dream Cabin in the Woods to learn more.

There is much to learn. This is not the first such book I’ve read, but it would be a great choice as an introduction to learning about log cabins. J. Wayne Fears writes i
Mary
The photographs could've been more professional, but it is a helpful gathering of information.
Jim Krotzman
It was a good book in regard to different types of cabins and how to build them. Much peripheral information that would be useful to others didn't pertain to me. For instance, how to find land, kit homes, log siding, digging wells, purifying water, naming a cabin, preparing for downtime, special guests, liability, etc. In other words, the first half of the book was much better than the second half.
Jennybeast
When you’re ready to go off grid, you could do a lot worse than consult J. Wayne Fear’s practical and interesting guidebook. He does a thorough job of covering the important factors to consider when investing in property, but tailors the book beautifully to the back country get-away. Very detailed, but also accessible and engaging.
Richardwallin
"A cabin is a work in progress, and should never be finished." This book explains why one should build a cabin, and does not provide the deatails as to exactly how it should be built. It advocates rustic, simple, cabins, that are easy to build and gives good advice and tips on how to build, and enjoy a cabin.
Sylvia Clark
I loved this book! It was written in a knowledgeable manner, but in a relaxed, comfortable style. It was quite thorough and I think I could make good decisions regarding the purchase of rural property and building a cabin.
Alan Washington
Basic

pretty basic information. I wish they had more like links to other resources or dealers. the illustrations are a little rough too. overall it's not a bad book for price.
Fredrick Danysh
Many have the dream of building a cabin in the woods all by themselves. Fears presents a guide with photos and blueprints covering all the steps.
Michelle Haslam
Great resource.
Cm
Cm marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Willow
Willow marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Julie Webb
Julie Webb marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Chris Jones
Chris Jones is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2015
Casey Jayne
Casey Jayne marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Pocket Outdoor Survival Guide: The Ultimate Guide for Short-Term Survival The Complete Book of Dutch Oven Cooking Hunting Whitetails Successfully Isaac - Trek to King's Mountain The Pocket Survival Guide: The Ultimate Guide for Short-Term Survival