Start by marking “The Power of Purpose: Creating Meaning in Your Life and Work” as Want to Read:
The Power of Purpose: Creating Meaning in Your Life and Work

The Power of Purpose: Creating Meaning in Your Life and Work

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  9 reviews

"Purpose" and "calling" seem at first to be grand words, applicable to only a gifted few. But career coach Richard Leider argues that everyone possesses a true calling, as well as the unique talents needed to support it. Filled with useful tools for self-assessment, The Power of Purpose helps readers uncover their own talents and aspirations, and shows how to incorporate "

Published February 1st 2005 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published May 12th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Purpose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Purpose

Michael James
I was fortunate to have met Mr. Leider as he led our work team through a powerful discussion on leadership. His assessment was equally as profound. Later I realized that he was a master of disguise as he was able to introduce very spiritual and meaning of life concepts into business curriculum.

His book was fundemental to my personal growth journey!
Serena
This book reinforces my conviction that finding and sticking to your Passion and Purpose, is of paramount importance to our lives! It certainly makes us feel much happier and fulfilled.

The greatest message of "Power of Purpose" for me is that to do something meaningful, aim to help other people instead of always thinking about yourself. And help people not because of a moral duty or obligation, but because this makes you happy and gives you a purpose in life---it's the joy of giving to others an
Swetha
Purpose. Responsibility. Calling.
These are words that have always been a bundle of weight on my back,which I have never cared to think about because when I do, I am clueless. So I took this book with hopes that there might be something relevant to discovering my purpose. I was wronged. I could give a better lecture on Purpose than this book. I am tired of reading about the ultimate purpose being compassion and love. It can be your purpose while you are aged but in this material world, its simpl
Irene Kolman
Very inspiring, can't put it down
Jeremy
A found a few nice insights sprinkled in here, but at the end of the day, the subtitle writes a check that the text doesn't cash: "Find meaning, live longer, better"? That's kind of over promising.

And too often the examples of people finding meaning are quitting there jobs to run charity races for cancer or something. That's nice, but I was hoping for something a little more practical.
Robin
Jan 02, 2009 Robin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
In my search for meaning in my life, I picked up this book. Purposeful living is my desire, and serving is my mission. Time to get reading so I can fine tune my purpose and blossom to be all the God would have me be.
Kathleen
Four friends are in the process of following the study guide for this book. We've just finished Session III and are ready to prepare for Session IV. Valuable insight is produced working together.
Andrea
Richard is simply a living legend !
Bert
Reread Oct. 5, 2011
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Tennessa Hansell
Tennessa Hansell marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Shinu
Shinu marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Chris
Chris is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
Telisha Smith
Telisha Smith is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2015
Jill
Jill is currently reading it
Jan 25, 2015
Caroline Caselli
Caroline Caselli marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Ldierks
Ldierks marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Dec 28, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
Dec 27, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Caity
Caity marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Nicole Bietz
Nicole Bietz marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Repacking Your Bags: Lighten Your Load for the Rest of Your Life Life Reimagined: Discovering Your New Life Possibilities Whistle While You Work: Heeding Your Life's Calling Claiming Your Place at the Fire: Living the Second Half of Your Life on Purpose Something to Live for: Finding Your Way in the Second Half of Life

“A life purpose is what I’m meant to do and be while I’m here on the earth.” 0 likes
“People with a sense of purpose have learned to let life question them and have moved the focus of their attention and concern away from themselves to others. Purpose, then, is not a job or a role or a goal. It is the belief that our lives, our part in the whole of things, truly matters. Having a profound sense of who we are, where we came from, and where we’re going, we choose to believe that mattering matters. It is thus a mindset—a choice. It is first and foremost the choice to choose ”life” despite the circumstances we find ourselves in. It is the choice to bring who we are—our gifts and energies—to whatever we are doing. Purpose is a cradle-to-grave, 24/7, moment-to-moment choice in our daily lives.” 0 likes