Start by marking “The Veranchetti Marriage” as Want to Read:
The Veranchetti Marriage

The Veranchetti Marriage (The Lynne Graham Collection #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  651 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Kerry had betrayed his trust
Four years ago, Alex Veranchetti, a strong-willed Italian tycoon, had abruptly ended their marriage--wounded by the dreadful wrong he thought Kerry had done to him. Now he was back in Kerry's life, and intent on remarrying her for the sake of their son.

Kerry had no choice. She had to marry Alex--or risk tearing apart her proper English family w
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1167, 187 pages
Published May 1989 by Harlequin Books (first published June 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Veranchetti Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Veranchetti Marriage

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I ended up giving this five stars because there was such a WOW factor on the reveal at the end. I did a complete 180 on Alex. He was giving me a serious a-hole factor for a lot of this book, and by the end, I really 'got' him, and I just wanted to hug him.

I guess because I am getting older, I am less enchanted (if I ever was) with the dewy, very young heroine. I started out sort of rolling my eyes (in a "Yes, I'm a fan of this author although I'm not feeling this plot element" fashion) at Kerry
Dee
Jacqueline
Very strong story by LG. It had quite a few different elements and the story all hung together very well, so good plotting. I particularly enjoyed how angsty the heroine was when she thought she had done the bad thing and how realistically she perked up when she found out the truth. I had fun reading about the cold hero who had thrown her out without a hearing 4 years before. I loved to see him come to terms with his feelings for her.

I continue to be a fan of LG.
Sapheron
Don't let my meh rating for this deter you from reading what you might find a really enjoyable book. I felt a little guilty putting on a 3 star rating because my lack of thorough enjoyment had to do with my frame of mind while reading it. I was just so irascible I hated how everything dragged on, and while it was well written, I still couldn't stomach that she just wouldn't tell Alex the truth. Even if he won't believe you (which I think he would have eventually) say the God-damned words. It wou ...more
Cady Lorenzana
'When I saw you in that hospital, I knew it wasn't over. I looked at you,' he cited in a husky, accented growl. 'And I knew I had to have you again. You're in my blood like a fever and I'm in yours.'

Too much feels! This is one of the best Lynne Graham books that I've ever read. Hero was your typical alpha but you'll surely love him in the end!
Fiona Marsden
May 10, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, hot sex and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
Finally got back on the horse again with a Lynne Graham book I read many years ago. This book is exactly why I've been such a fan of Lynne Graham's book for so many years and why I was so disappointed with her duets books where the hero is physically unfaithful to the heroine.
Alex married Kerry when she was only 18. He had fought against his attraction to her because he knew she was very young. So in one way he wasn't surprised when she went of the rails while visiting her model sister and was f
Leona
This is one of those classic HP angsty reads...that you just can't put down till you finish it. If that's your cup of tea, then you need to read this book. Kerry and Alex were married...she was a very young teenager and he was a mature jaded man. Throw in a jealous sister who purposely manipulates them and you have one very powerful novel.

Alex was just one cruel unbelievable bas@#$% who ruthlessly tosses her out of his life when he finds her in bed with another man. Fast forward a few years, an
KatieV
I do like the older Lynne Graham's much better than the newer ones. The H in this one was typically arrogant and controlling, but not a bad guy. I enjoyed watching him seethe in frustration when his schemes didn't go as smoothly as he'd planned.

***spoilers***

The H believed the heroine had gotten drunk and slept with another man at a party while she was pregnant with his child. He was furious, so he refused to ever see or speak to her again. Although, they did communicate through lawyers and he
Melanie♥
Great HP! Wonderful introduction to author Lynne Graham =)
Cherise
A most enjoyable read with a lot of angst. Knowing where the H is coming from, I quite adore him especially when he laid his heart out finally at the end. The h is strong and did put up quite a fight, which is a lot more entertaining than tstl doormat. I especially like the fact that the H does back off on using sex to overwhelm the h in the middle, giving me a good feeling and proving his claim that he really loves her a lor and would have wanted to be with her even without sex. The big misunde ...more
Ipshita Ranjana
I loved The Veranchetti Marriage by Lynne Graham and I can see why this was reissued not once but twice! Its a classic Lynne Graham with all the angst,intensity and a story that keeps you hooked throughout.

Alex is a a typical alpha hero but I loved him to my surprise. I thought I was not going to like him because of the way he left Kerry and the typical alpha characteristics he had (too much jealousy, not listening etc ). As the chapters progressed I disliked him more but the last chapters compl
Liyah
Kaycee Sapinoso
I don't usually read books about divorced or estranged couples. It's not really my cup of tea. But there's something about the blurb that caught my attention or maybe because Lynne Graham is a favorite mine. For whatever the reason, I'm glad I've read it.

It's been four years since Kerry's husband Alex divorced her after believing that she slept with other man whilst pregnant with his baby. She begged him to listen to her but he refused to see or speak to her. For four years, they only communicat
Nova
Buku yang melelahkan..

4 tahun lalu Alex Veranchetti 30 tahun menikahi Kerry Graham yang baru 18 tahun. Alex yang sangat posesif karena kesibukannya sering meninggalkan Kerry yang kemudian karena bosan mulai terpengaruh kakak tirinya berpesta. Dan saat Alex menemukan Kerry ditempat tidur bersama laki-laki lain, tanpa mau mendengar pembelaan Kerry, Alex langsung memproses perceraian mereka.

4 tahun kemudian, Alex menikahi Kerry lagi agar ia bisa berkumpul dengan anaknya. Kerry yang terlanjur sakit
Jenny
Very emotional and full of angst! Alex's pain broke my heart but I think the heroine was a self-centered bitch and she kind of ruined the book for me.
Carmen
I thought I'd reread this one but again, as with many of LG's heroes, Alex has shades of a$$hole abounding and I can not 5 star that
Ravita
my first lynne graham book and i was hooked!!
Ana
hero is stupid and annoying.
Roub
this was an emotional rollercoaster, right from the start to the end. it's the 1st time i came across a hero such as alex. he was besotted wid kerry so much he cud not live without her! he grovelled so much! he did all the pursuing. he grovelled bcoz he knew his wife's infidelity had been his own fault. he had been afraid of loving her too much, he did love her too much. so he neglected her. he realised all dat and dat need he had to isolate her from the world. i absolutely loved how kerry did n ...more
C.M.
I do not like the heroine

Why can't she be someone with some wisdom....after 6 years??!!
I miss the last chapter, where I get to know if she had a boy or girl.
Thank God there was a happy ending!
Aisha
one of lg's best work
Shruthi
Jan 19, 2015 Shruthi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shruthi by: Everyone who loves Harlequins
Amazing book.

H was a major jerk at the start and to almost 70% of this book but Oh My God! I loved the way he redeemed himself at the end and I loved the way the author explained why he is the way he is.

h was feisty and gave him good every single chance she got because she knew she was an innocent to whatever accusation he hurled at her.

I wished there was more scenes of Nicky though because I loved their child... but still no complaints regarding this superb book
Winnie
Books from Lynne Graham are my guilty pleasure. But seriously, the romance scenes never make any sense to me. I don't get what's going on and it's like another author has taken over that task for her because she can't write them herself.

Anya
I devour Lynne Graham books like pancakes! I adore her protagonist and that her stories doesn't involve much of the overused one night with the lover you can't forget cliche.
April Brookshire
I liked that the hero went through hell and groveled when he found out how wrong he was about the heroine. And the fact that he was celibate during their separation.
Tracie
This was an emotional read. I could feel Alex's pain and his coming to terms with things. At times his emotion was still raw and it came through.

• Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Shattered Trust
  • Breaking Point
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • A Whirlwind Marriage
  • A Lost Love
  • Comparative Strangers

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

The Lynne Graham Collection (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Savage Betrayal
  • The Desert Bride (Lynne Graham Collection, #3)
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • Mistress and Mother
  • The Winter Bride (Harlequin Presents, #1989)
  • Crime of Passion
  • The Unfaithful Wife
  • Angel of Darkness
  • Bond of Hatred
  • A Vengeful Passion (Harlequin Presents, #1696)
The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless) The Spanish Groom Bond of Hatred The Spanish Billionaire's Pregnant Wife Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife