Verse of the Vampyre (Poetic Death Mystery, #2)

Verse of the Vampyre (Poetic Death Mystery #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  8 reviews
As Halloween comes to the English village of Innisdale all manner of trickery leads to intrigue and mortal danger....American schoolteacher and literary scholar Grace Hollister has extended her stay in the Lake District to do research and act as advisor to a local production of "The Vampyre," a play written by Lord Byron's doctor. But when accidents begin befalling the cas...more
Published September 28th 2004 by Pocket Books (first published 2004)

Erin
This book was irritating. I actually had to go and check the ratings I gave the other books in the series because I didn't understand why I was reading a third one in a series with a character that irritated me SO much (I read them out of order).

Because Grace? Was irritating. She's a teacher in the US. Or she was, until she jetted off to England then stayed for a sabbatical.

Why did she stay? Because she fell in love with a local jewel thief.

Nevermind that she had a boyfriend back home. He's bori...more
Mark Baker
Grace has stayed behind in the Lake District to get to know Peter better. However, a round of burglaries is making him withdraw. And Grace is working as a consultant on a play that is plagued with problems. Should she have stayed behind? Another fun caper with two likable leads.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Judith
The second in the Poetic Death Mystery series - just the right blend of drama, tension, romance and the beautiful English lake district scenery.
Virginia
Having now read all three, I can say I appreciated all the Byronic allusions, but the romance was very sitcom-ish. Breezy reads.
Susan
I liked book #1 better, but still enjoyed this one.
Barbara
Fun. I really like Peter.
Sep 01, 2009 Laura added it
Amazing series!
Merrill
Merrill marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Avalonia69
Avalonia69 marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Khd
Khd marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Jennischell
Jennischell marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Samanta Bićanić
Samanta Bićanić marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Stephanie Graham
Stephanie Graham marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Penny
Penny added it
Aug 24, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Author of the Poetic Death series and the Mantra for Murder series.
More about Diana Killian...
Corpse Pose (Mantra for Murder Mystery #1) Dial Om for Murder (Mantra for Murder, #2) Murder on the Eightfold Path (Mantra for Murder, #3) Death in a Difficult Position (Mantra for Murder, #4) High Rhymes and Misdemeanors (Poetic Death Mystery, #1)