Start by marking “Bones in the Tree” as Want to Read:
Bones in the Tree

Bones in the Tree

What were her parents thinking when they opted for burial in the backyard? Karen didn't know but finds herself talking more and more to their tombstones as her personal life descends into chaos.

Her marriage in flames and dating life little more than one catastrophe after another, she finds herself turning to a furry, acorn-throwing neighbor for solace.

Can the fresh air a
Published July 6th 2011 by Focus House Publishing (first published July 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bones in the Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bones in the Tree

Sheenah Freitas
Aug 12, 2012 Sheenah Freitas rated it really liked it
Short, sweet, and endearing. The novella (or long short story since it's only about 16,000 words) tells the story about one woman trying to find love after a divorce. There are some rather humorous moments during the course of the tale that might be comparable to a romantic comedy. And after reading a lot of science fiction and fantasy lately, this was a welcome breath of fresh air. I didn't realize how much I missed contemporary fiction until I read this.

After coming out of a divorce the heroin
mountainmama
May 29, 2012 mountainmama rated it it was amazing
This novella is a touching story of a young woman who has just suffered through a painful breakup of her marriage and moved back into her deceased parents’ old home. To add insult to injury, the outdated septic system needs replacing, requiring the removal of an old oak tree. This puts a huge strain her pocketbook, but even more worrisome is her guilt over displacing a squirrel she has befriended.

We follow Karen as she is plunged back into the dating scene – with hilarious results as she discove
Kk Sierra
Oct 28, 2011 Kk Sierra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: twitter-friends
This is a great story of healing and self-discovery. When I started the story I was skeptical that a man could write from a woman's perspective. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself totally immersed in the story. The story is well rounded and I found myself tearing up right along with the character and cheering for her happy ending.
Tahlia Newland
Dec 20, 2011 Tahlia Newland rated it it was amazing
Shelves: literature
Another gorgeous story from this author. A short novella about a very endearing squirrel, a woman who has returned to her home town after a break-up and a septic tank that meeds a major over-hall. The end is totally heart-warming. I loved this one.
Jmtaaron
Oops, I hit the wrong button. I haven't read this one, yet, but I don't know how to undo the "read" button.
C.E. Jr.
C.E. Jr. rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2011
Barbara Ellis
Barbara Ellis rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
R.S. Emeline
R.S. Emeline rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2012
Tim Greaton
Jul 31, 2011 Tim Greaton rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-it
Priscilla
Priscilla rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Patricia Puddle
Dec 08, 2011 Patricia Puddle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-reads
Another great book by John Locke. Highly recommend it. Full of humour and suspense.
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2012
Lynn Hallbrooks
Lynn Hallbrooks marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2011
Sarah added it
Nov 15, 2011
Jessica Kennedy
Jessica Kennedy marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2011
Joni
Joni marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2011
EZRead eBookstore
EZRead eBookstore marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
Bess Auer
Bess Auer marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2012
J.ferbill
J.ferbill marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Helen White
Helen White marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Maureen Reil
Maureen Reil marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2012
Louise BDGG
Louise BDGG marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Toni Nartker
Toni Nartker marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Blue Eyed Vixen
Blue Eyed Vixen marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
diana burns
diana burns marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
I live in Maine with my beautiful wife and three amazing children. We share seven acres with one dog, two cats and a population of ducks that varies with the weather. I'm is a full-time corporate writer and novelist. My fiction and nonfiction have appeared in forums all around the globe. You can find my novels in paperback and ebook formats at all quality book retailers.

Though I'm sometimes referr
More about Tim Greaton...