Start by marking “Unforgiven (Fae #3)” as Want to Read:
Unforgiven (Fae #3)

Unforgiven (Fae #3)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  31 reviews
After serving four years for a murder he didn’t commit, ex-cop River tries to avoid the human race. He runs street cons to make enough money for the dilapidated room he rents and the booze he drinks to stay numb. But when he tries to scam a gorgeous stranger who’s robbing an ATM, he soon realizes he’s tangled with the wrong man.

Braelan is the prince of the Seelie Fae, just
Published July 12th 2011 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about Unforgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforgiven

Truth in the Dark by Amy LaneCounterpoint by Rachel HaimowitzHis Hearth by Mary CalmesBloodraven by P.L. NunnLuck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
Best Gay Elves, Gods, Deity & Wizards
30th out of 275 books — 282 voters
Force of Law by Jez MorrowTruth in the Dark by Amy LaneA Note in the Margin by Isabelle RowanFrog by Mary CalmesCinder by Marie Sexton
Best Gay Cinderfellas
70th out of 188 books — 334 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
I decided to read book #3 soon as I finished book #2 because my brain was still fresh with the Fae background. I didn't remember anything from book #1 when I started book #2.

While I read a couple of reviews that said this book lack something that in the previous two books, I actually LOVE this one. In fact, it's my favorite among the three. My liking to the story comes from both Braelan and River as characters.

In book #2, Braelan is portrayed as this spoiled prince, who takes everything he is
Mandy Anne
I always forget how much I am enjoying this series until I read another installment, and then am instantly hooked again. This was no exception. I really enjoyed seeing how far Braelan has come since the series began and how his relationship with his brothers has evolved. River's character was actually quite riveting, and even though I felt sympathy for his situation, I could not imagine how he would let down his guard throughout the book. I do wish that we learned more about the villain's motive ...more
Emma Sea
Quite a lot of horrible violence in here I wasn't mentally prepared for: I just wanted a cute sweet read after a long day, not a lengthy torture session. However, apart from this, an enjoyable story. I liked new character River a whole lot more than Tristan from book #2.

Better than #2, not as good as #1
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
This one left me a bit unfilled. It starts with a bang and then gets good and then it just sort of quickly rushes to the ending parts. I liked that River was damaged, beaten down, out of luck and downtrodden. What he was doing, as a former cop, really contrasted with who he should be, who he could be but then BAM he gets a fae pick-me-up and life's pretty good. Yes yes he thinks about things and still has the my life is crap attitude -- but I wanted him to r-e-a-l-l-y have more of a transition. ...more
Oco
Jul 20, 2011 Oco added it
Shelves: favorites
I just love this series. Urban fantasy, and right up my alley, dark and gritty but with just enough 'awww' to keep me happy (which is to say, a sprinkling). I can't say it's great literature, I can't say it is a standout at any one skill in the authorial repertoire, just good in all aspects, enough that the skill is invisible and the tale takes over. Solid, capable, intelligent writing and story-telling that scratches exactly the bone that I often want (need?) scratched.

Pure, sweet, escapism. N
Lily
I enjoyed reading Unforgiven, the third story in the Fae series. Braelan started out in the series as an unlikable character but by this installment he's redeemed himself and ready for his happily ever after. River is an ex-cop who did four years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, the murder of his partner/lover. These two men have suffered both through their actions or those of others and their love story plays out well in this gritty, sometimes dark and violent story.

It was also great cat
Shannon
What took me so long to read this final book in the series?!? It didn't seem as harsh as the first 2 but still a great read. Here we finally get ex-douchebag's Braelen's story. And River. God, what a depressing story he has. He's like a walking loss of hope and yet his humanity breaks through every once in a while. That, of course, was in the beginning. Once we get to know him, he's all passion and heart. The other brothers play a role in this book as well but don't take away from the MCs at all ...more
SheReadsALot
THREE & A HALF STARS--The final book of the S.W. Vaughn's "Skin Deep" series/trilogy ended with a quieter finish when compared to the earlier books in the series. This is not in anyway downplaying this book. But if I had read this book first in the series...I still would have liked it, I guess.

This book could be read as a stand alone but I think it would serve potential readers to read the books in order to better understand the history of Cobalt & Will - Skin Deep and Heartsong - Uriske
Wave
Unforgiven is the third book in this series after Skin Deep and Heartsong. Unforgiven is Braelan’s story, one of the most complex characters of the series, someone I didn’t think I could ever like, but he surprised me.

The story opens with Braelan, the Fae prince, breaking into an ATM machine to get some money for a taxi to the Grotto, his half brother Cobalt’s tattoo parlor. He’s now on earth in New York City, his second visit to the mortal realm where most of this story takes place, having left
Brandilyn
3.5* I will admit, I read this one out of order. I am not a huge Fae fan, but have read enough to understand much of the mythology used. Really the only thing I missed was the back-story for the brothers. Enough was told to let me know the Braelen was an ass in previous books.

River/Rob is a former Cop who went to prison for the death of his lover/partner Harry. 2 years after serving his time, he is now penniless and pulling con's on the street for enough money to each "Every once in a while". O
Tara
So this book has been on my tbr pile for a long time, actually since I finished the last book and it has taken me so very long to read it. I liked that now we have seen the three brothers and their lives, but I feel like this is just the beginning of their adventures. I would like to read about what happens now in Arcadia.

I like this book on so many levels. There is the stranger in a strange land theme and the homeless man diamond in the rough. What I didn't love is the same thing I always disl
M'rella
3.5 stars. Nothing wrong with it, I simply like the first two much much better. And while "Skin Deep" is my favorite book, Uriskel/Trystan is my favorite couple =) Weird. I know =D
Tam
Okay, this one I liked best because I didn't have to deal with quite so much blood and guts of the supposed good guys. At least when there was pain and torture it was a truly bad guy doing it.

Braelan comes back and River catches him stealing money from an ATM and they end up in this rather love/hate thing, where River steals the money, Braelan tracks him, River thinks he stole it back, River gets in trouble, Braelan saves him and then they have to work it out. I felt badly for River who has bee
Charly
Similar in tone and content to the first two in the series

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- Braelan and River are on guard with each other right from the start. It makes for an interesting journey, watching them soften toward each other as their feelings grow.
- Braelan isn’t quite as wide-eyed in this story as he was in the last, which made him a bit more endearing to me. I never felt that his naiveté was over the top in Heartsong, but I d
Calila
Love reformed Braelan, loved broken down River. They were great together. I'm not sure how I feel about how everything was tied together with who the bad guys were (pretty obvious) and the connection to River's past. Can't decide if it worked for me or not. Loved seeing Cobalt/Will, and Uriskel/Trystan again. Pretty bummed I've reached the end of this series, I've really enjoyed it.
Danielle
The first book is still my favorite, but I liked this one better than the second. For some reason I feel like Cobalt's personality has changed throughout the series, maybe he's gotten nicer? Not sure, but it's strange.

Anyway, about the actual plot. Just kinda felt incomplete a little bit, and I was hoping that Nix would end up playing a bigger part. Braelan and River were good together so no complaints there!
Crystal  Land
I'd actually rate this a three and a half, but decided to round up because it's quality writing. I was glad to see more of Braelan, but was slightly disappointed in River. His back story was at least as intriguing as Will's and Trystan's were, but I wanted more details, at least at the end of the book. He also wasn't as deep or interesting a character as the two previous love interests were. The over all plot of the book was interesting, but the author missed a chance at fleshing it out into som ...more
Manlove
Definitely an improvement over the second book, but still not as good as the first in the series. I had to knock off a star for that horribly sweet - and simple - epilogue. Don't get me wrong, I like a happy ending, but I'm just skeptical that one would be possible given the previous setup. Plus, I expected better from SW!
Wendy Ann
It was good to round out the series with this final book and have a chance to see Braelan redeem himself. I felt really bad for River. He really got a raw deal and paid a heavy price for something he didn’t do. I think the first couple books had a little more edge to them, but I still enjoyed this one.
Donna
Yes...I knew if I kept reading this series...I would finally get the book I knew this author could write! Loved everything about it....I know...I am a sucker for a love story! It helps not having 20 million interruptions!!!! Now I will have to go see if I can find anything else by this author!
Victoria
After the last book, I didn’t think I wanted to read a story about Braelan. His conversion to good guy seem to abrupt to me. I’m glad I gave it a shot though. I really liked Braelan and River. The story was good, the plot was good and the sex was awesome :)
Sonia189
I liked it but it had some things I thought were done very vaguely...I don't know how to explain it but I felt it could have been better. Still, an interesting story to follow and good HEA.
Chris
Very good paranormal m/m romance about the Fae prince from the previous book, who's returned to the human realm on his own and very out of his element... dangerously so.
Nikko
This is better than the second one but not as good as the first one but It is still worth reading a few more times.. Highly recommended!!
Vivian
Least compelling of the series, but still really happy to read the final chapter.
Summer
This was a great world. A great ending for all three of the brothers.
Evamaria
I really liked this series. I liked the brothers and the setting. Good ending.
Ashley Cox
Love, love, loved this series :D
texasmoocow
I do not want this series to end
  • By Chance Met (Chronicles of Ylandre, #3)
  • Vigil (The Hours Trilogy #2)
  • Draconian Measures (Gaven, #3)
  • Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords, #3)
  • Sinnerman (Warder #4)
  • Sacrifice (Soul Mates, #3)
  • Irregulars
  • Stone Rose (The Lost Gods, #3)
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • Finn (Endangered Fae #1)
  • Silver/Steel (Arcada #4)
  • Flux (Ennek #2)
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • Healer (The Institute, #1)
  • Nobody's Hero (Superpowered Love, #3)
  • Hell Cop 2
Am I a stereotype if I say I drink a lot of coffee and I have a lot of cats? Because I do, actually...

I write books. I also write web copy, ghost content, product descriptions, whitepapers, and other random things for my Super Seekrit Day Job.

I hate snow. Just thought I'd throw that out there, too.
More about S.W. Vaughn...

Fae (3 books)
  • Skin Deep (Fae, #1)
  • Heartsong (Fae, #2)
Skin Deep (Fae, #1) Heartsong (Fae, #2) Broken Angel (House Phoenix, #1) Fire on the Mountain Devil's Honor (House Phoenix, #2)