Start by marking “No Way Out: And Other Scary Short Stories” as Want to Read:
No Way Out: And Other Scary Short Stories

No Way Out: And Other Scary Short Stories

3.45  ·  Rating Details ·  1,928 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
Includes two free additional short stories.
That's three 'terrorific' short stories for one low price.

No Way out - Mike takes a bet to go inside a haunted house, but will he live long enough to collect?

Also includes:
The Price of Friendship - How much is a best friend worth? Joey finds out the hard way.

Hobgoblin Horror - Jake only volunteered at the retirement home because S
Published (first published May 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about No Way Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Way Out

Angela
Jun 25, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
Fun collection of short stories I found on www.amazon.co.uk for free download.

(view spoiler)

I enjoyed all the stories on offer though I think the title story was probably the weakest. I particularly loved the story entitled 'Hobgoblin Horror', macabre and funny at the same time, what a combination!

The preview to the novel Sup
Ally
Sep 01, 2011 Ally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good.
Rebecca
No Way Out features three stories.
The first one was quite different. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was spooky but it was interesting. I kind of expected it to go a certain way but then it did the opposite of what I thought it would, so that was an enjoyable surprise. The ending had me a little confused for a while too. I had to sit and think about it for a few minutes.
The second story I couldn't really get into. Mostly because there was a lot about baseball cards in it and I don't really kno
Dominik Hale
Elise
Aug 31, 2012 Elise rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this quick read. The stories were well written. I also loved the preview of Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb. Can't wait to read it.
Wesley Thomas
Mar 12, 2017 Wesley Thomas rated it liked it
Nice stories

A couple of nice stories. I enjoyed the one with the man in the old folks home, involving goblins. Good work.
Josèphe-Anne
Like the spooky teen TV shows and novellas of the 80's and 90's, "No Way Out" is chilling but not overtly gory.

I like the cover art which perfectly corresponds with the first story. (The anthology is named after this first story.) Initially drawn to the book by its fascinating cover image, I found the different purple hues and eerie glow behind the windows rather intriguing and indicative of the mood and locations where the stories take place. MJ Ware truly has a way with words! His descriptions
Roberto Mattos
Mar 03, 2013 Roberto Mattos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very well written book containing three short stories on the light terror theme, for kids and young adults. First story (No Way Out) is intense and has a simple plot. Two kids bet who would go inside a haunted house. The description of the scenery is excellent and the outcome is unpredictable. Second story (The Price of Friendship) is also good, although not that much scary. Two kids trade goods for "useless memories" and the consequences are to be seen. Third story (Hobgoblin Horror) ...more
Randy
Oct 21, 2013 Randy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Book Review
By Randy Cook

One day on Halloween night there were two boys that were getting candy. But one of them named Chris wanted his friend Mike to try to go in an old house and go the attic and wave his hands to him to prove he his not scared. Oh, I forgot to tell you they put twenty bucks on it. And Chris put stuff in there to trie and make him scared. So he went inside threw the window fell on the floor and he slowly went upstairs and in one room there was a video camera blinking red wh
jessica
Mar 28, 2015 jessica rated it it was amazing
Likes and dislikes

I liked it because it was sorta funny,I like comedy. I loved everything,NO HATES. It compares to Percy Jackson,funny,scary,romantic-ish,and adventurous. I love it.
Carrie
Jun 06, 2013 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ibooks
I know it's for kids but I like Scary stories, I totally wish they would longer and really had an end instead of leaving you like WTF, but then again shouldn't complain that much I think for the age group there's good and it was a free download so.
Jonathan
Apr 19, 2015 Jonathan rated it really liked it
It was really awesome and excited

They all had a great story and then a big punchline at the end. I would definitively recommend it for kids in fourth and fifth grade.

Katherine
May 21, 2015 Katherine rated it liked it
Short stories were clever and provoking. Storyline is written well, easy to get into. Good book for a quick read.
Andres Vigil
Feb 22, 2014 Andres Vigil rated it it was amazing
We be all night, love.

fashion lights, fashion lights. cigars on ice, cigars on ice. this book got me faded faded faded. book, I love you nana.
alice reuss
Mar 06, 2015 alice reuss rated it liked it
No way out

Not so good . Kinda stupid. Supposed to be really starry but it wasn't worth my reading. I felt like I wasted my time on this one.
Cassie Robinson
Feb 22, 2015 Cassie Robinson rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed

I liked this book because I like scary stories but this book wasn't that scary it was funny.This book made me think dont do a bad bet.
Jack
Aug 14, 2011 Jack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three short scary stories. Not too bad. A bit of humor thrown in. Liked it!!
Farith
Do NOT read this book.
It's trash.
Kelsey
Feb 09, 2015 Kelsey rated it it was ok
One word: meh.
Ozlem
Feb 11, 2015 Ozlem rated it liked it
Three nice to read short stories.
Kay Oliver
Feb 12, 2017 Kay Oliver rated it really liked it
Fun read

This little collection was like a time warp. It took me back to the nineties, the good 'ol days of summer during my childhood. Cool, starry nights relieving the long, hot, fun filled days and me with my Goosebump books, a flash light and a snack. A great tribute and a great new read for my own kids to love and cherish while they're supposed to be sleeping. And of course, a trip down memory lane for me.
Janet Crook
Dec 18, 2016 Janet Crook rated it liked it
Decent

I'm not big on short stories so while well written, kind of a tease. Six more words required.....really? Can't be short and sweet review?
Cheryl Earle
Dec 22, 2016 Cheryl Earle rated it it was ok
I give this book 2.5 stars.

Interesting group of 3 short stories that were well written and interesting, but hardly scary. They're more along the lines of something you'd find on The Twilight Zone - wierd & unusual.
The best part of the ebook was a five chapter preview of a zombie apocalypse novel aimed at YA. That was genuinely entertaining & I wouldn't hesitate downloading that book.
Lanie
May 21, 2016 Lanie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Maybe preteens who like scary stuff, but adults will probably be let down.
"No way out & other scary short stories" is a small collection of stories aimed at a preteen audience I got for free off Amazon. (Been super busy with getting ready to move lately, so short stories are keeping my numbers up on my reading challenge.) the book has 3 stories.

one features idiotic kids breaking into an abandoned house.

One were two kids think "trading memories" for baseball cards from a creepy dude on the street corner is a good idea.

& One that has a blood thrifty hobgoblin &a
I'd have probably rated this higher had their been a few more short stories included with this collection. As it were, there were only three, and they were indeed quite short. They took up only 33% of the book, with the remaining 67% being taken up by previews of two of the authors other books: Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb (which was an extended preview and the bulk of the preview section) and Zack & Zoey's Alien Apocalypse. I felt a little let down that the most of the book was previews, th ...more
Caridad cruz
Jan 11, 2013 Caridad cruz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the first story was great up until they found what kills the zombies, then the way it ended left nothing to the imagination!! to the author i say, you need work buddy!! you have a little bit of talent then BAM you mess it up with stupidity. you were doing great with the zombie story up until the lemonade!! then it got ridiculous! the second story was absolutely, UNBELIEVABLY lame AND STUPID!! about aliens, and school and the president of the USA, i didn't even waste my time in finish reading the ...more
Raven
Feb 10, 2013 Raven rated it liked it
These are indeed SHORT stories. The previews at the end of the book take up more than half of the space. I was literally done with the "book" at the 33% mark. That being said, the writing was decent- not really spooky, but interesting and a bit quirky. There were a few small typing mistakes, but nothing distracting. The formatting could use a little work, but again, nothing to keep me from reading. For me, I would not pay for it, but it might be worth it for a much younger audience (grade school ...more
Aleta
Three spooky stories provided me with entertainment for part of my lunch break. The stories are fun, and there were just a few typos. I thought the hobgoblin story was the best developed. The rest of the book consists of previews for other books, and I haven't bothered reading them (nor would I consider them in my review if I had, as I don't believe they truly constitute part of this book). (2.5 stars)
Tany
Nov 17, 2013 Tany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think it's a good book for younger audience. But I find the story to be extremely short. It's not scary or anything, just a little bit creepy for kids ala Goosebumps type of story, only difference is you don't finish those books in 5 mins. There are only 3 very short stories, and the rest of the book contains extended preview of the author's 2 other books.

Good if you're reading it to your 5 year old maybe.
Misty Battle
If I wouldn't have gotten this free off Amazon I would have put one star. So the other star is for the "free" option. Who kills zombies with lemonade? Seriously! I was with you all the way until that plot twist came around. The last story was just flat stupid and made zero sense. It was more like a younger child'a tale. It took me less than 30 minutes to read this. There should have been least 2 or 3 more.
  • A Collection of Scary Stories (Creepy Collection #2)
  • The Pied Piper of the Undead
  • Scraping the Bone: Ten Dark Tales
  • Zombie Bits (Murdermouth)
  • Dark Entry
  • Incident On and Off a Mountain Road
  • Underneath: Short Tales of Horror and the Supernatural
  • Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #1)
  • The Mole People Beneath the City
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • The Night Walk Men (The Night Walk Men, #1)
  • Octopus Soup
  • Deadly Night (Ghosthunters 101, #1)
  • Freeze
  • The Quarry
  • Halloween Jack and the Devil's Gate
  • Primal Shift: Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller)
  • To Read or Not to Read

“Maybe running away wasn't such a good idea," I said, scanning the lifeless town. The sun crawled over the horizon, casting long shadows like bony fingers reaching down to clutch the empty streets.” 0 likes
“Joey complained because his mom wouldn’t fork out two hundred bucks for a pair of Kobe Bryant Slam-Dunk high-tops.” 0 likes