Start by marking “Hidden Amongst Stars” as Want to Read:
Hidden Amongst Stars

Hidden Amongst Stars (Hot Summer Days)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Free short story written for the M/M Romance group's "Hot Summer Days" event.

----------
Genres/Tags: Gay M/M / Contemporary / Hollywood
Approx. Word Count: 4,057
ebook, Online Fiction
Published July 11th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Amongst Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Amongst Stars

Bookwatcher
What you would do, if must pay the highest price to have a success career? If the price you must pay is your happiness?

David is a rising star in Hollywood. Robert is already a famous actor, in the top of his career.

What two men can desire other than fame and money? They both have it all! Big houses... a large group of friends... why they are not happy? They must only pretend they are not lovers... they don't want each other... they must act, also in real life, denying they are gay.

Keep living..
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
1950's, film stars tied to the studio system, celebrities with images to maintain, lovers. One of these things is not like the other. Stealing every chance together they can. Staving off broken hearts as long as possible. One believes in love; one is afraid to.

CAS
This is something that has always fascinated me, the very strict image requirements imposed on the actors of that era by the studios they were contracted to.
You captured that beautifully.
I really enjoyed this story, very much so.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Sadonna
Loved this. Really captured the feeling of the times and really makes you think about how many people must have had to live their lives as lies. Beautiful interpretation of the picture.

TayaJay
This was a cute addition to Hot Summer Days event by MM Romance group. I been slowly but surely been making my way through the stories and sadly I have hundreds to go. This is a snack bite fiction which good but not fulfilling. I know this common thought when reading these shorts for these events is that you wish it was longer but rarely would author work on an expanded story. I simply love this story and wish there was more.
SueM
I remember commenting on this photo that it had a Rock Hudson feel to it... I guess it's no surprise that I really liked Rock's cameo appearance! Loved the whole old Hollywood glamour setting while capturing the likely harsh reality of behind the scenes. Thank you Nicole!
Wendy Ann
A very authentic feel for the time period and great characters! I could totally empathize with their difficulty in maintaining a public persona and having to hide their true relationship. I loved David's bravery in the end:) Great story!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
It was enjoyable but I don’t like the way it skipped years at a time and we never really got to know the characters or anything

Librarian Kate
Short, concise, and very sweet. Not in the goopy way, but in the nothing-wasted, makes-you-say-awwww kind of way. For when you just gotta have the HEA...
Rachel
Nice story and interesting look into actors working in the Hollywood studios of the 50's.
Zach Sweets
Good story :) of course I wanted more ;D thank you for writing the story :)
Ryan Loveless
Great capturing of "the way we were". :)
E
Wonderful story of choosing love over fame.
France-Andrée
I found the story too episodic for me, I didn't feel anything for the two lovers because we never get to meet them properly; they are only snapshots. It's really too bad because I think from the prompt and picture this could have been a very deep tortured story.
Aniko
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Britta ★ Nachteule ★ marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy added it
Mammarella
Mammarella marked it as to-read
Danija
Danija marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Jennifer R
Jennifer R marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Zeoanne
Zeoanne marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A Family Found (Hamilton River, #1) Professor's Keeper Skylar's Salvation Rules of the Chef (Southern Charm #1) One More Dance