Start by marking “Pegasus And The Fight For Olympus” as Want to Read:
Pegasus And The Fight For Olympus

Pegasus And The Fight For Olympus (Pegasus #2)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  1,148 ratings  ·  88 reviews
Reborn as the Flame, Emily has saved Olympus from destruction. The Olympic flame now burns strong, and peace has been restored. But not for long ... When the gruesome Nirads begin a new invasion, Emily and her friends become entangled in the conflict as old grudges are unearthed and new enemies are discovered. And all the while, Emily yearns for her father, still a prisone ...more
Published July 2011 by Hodder (first published January 1st 2011)

Hannah
** ATTENTION **
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS BUT I WOULD PREFER NOT TO HIDE IT FROM THE LOVELY EYES OF ALL YOU GOODREADERIANS OR WHATEVER YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CALLED! SO IF YOU PLEASE, DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS. IF YOU DO, DO NOT COME CRYING TO ME AND ASKING ME TO MAKE YOU UNSEE IT BECAUSE YOU DID NOT READ THIS MILDLY AMUSING PARAGRAPH THAT IS IN ALL CAPITALS! SO ANYWAYS, IF YOU DARE, PROCEED AND READ THE REVIEW >.>

Such a good book! I am in love with this series.
J. A. Owen
I am thrilled with the conclusion of Kate O’hearn’s second book to her Olympian World. Pegasus: Olympus at War. The second book grew much darker, and the sense of heroism grew bigger. The ending left me with chills without giving any spoilers in this review. I feel this book must be enjoyed without knowing fully the contents within the magical writing and world building. Kate’s world building is becoming stronger and more intense.

There were some scenes in the beginning that were lagging with ide
Asavari
Jun 08, 2012 Asavari rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like Pegasus and the Flame
Recommended to Asavari by: I read and liked the first one
This is a review for my 1 Year, 100 Books Challenge. For more info visit here

Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus by Kate O'Hearn is the sequel to Pegasus and the Flame and if you haven't read my review for that read it here at http://individualbutnothipster.blogspot.com/2012/01/1-year-100-books-challenge-pegasus-and.html because I don't want to repeat stuff.

The Characters:
Emily - Stayed pretty much the same as she was at the end of Pegasus and the Flame. She's got some new troubles now because of
Star
It was an ok/good book, but definitely had nothing on the first book.

My first problem: Emily, the supposed main character did practically nothing until the end of the book. The main male characters (paelen,Cupid and Joel) did practically everything, leaving Emily behind because she was "going to atract attention, or "it wasn't safe". I found this very annoying because in the first book was very much the "I can do everything" girl and now shes content with doing nothing. Also, if she's an Olymp
Keidy
I've read the first book of this series called "Pegasus: The Flame of Olympus" and this first book showed a lot of promise. The lead heroine Emily was a can-do girl and nothing will stop her from protecting what she believed is right and her friends and family. I gave this first book a lot of slack especially with the lack of villain complexity (the villains were very black and white to a cartoony level) and lack of depth in the story and characters as not only is this a first book of a series b ...more
Christina
Its been six months since Emily sacrificed herself to become the Flame of Olympus, thus saving Olympus from the Nirads. Life is very different for her in Olympus, its like nothing she could ever expect or prepare for. As the flame of Olympus Emily has had some powers bestowed upon her, however learning how to control them without destroying all of Olympus in the process is becoming a challenge. And even though she has Paelen, Joel, and Pegasus not a day goes by she doesn't wish to be able to see ...more
Nick Lawler
The characters in this book were Emily, Joel, Paelen, Pegasus, Cupid, Zeus, Dange, Apollo, Diana, Chysaor, the Gorgons, and the Nirads.

Emily is at Olympus training to control her powers so she doesn’t hurt people. One day after she was done training, she heard that there had been another Nirad invasion. She figured that it would be a perfect time to sneak out and find her dad. Emily, Paelen, Joel, Pegasus, and Cupid sneak out of Olympus and travel back to earth. After being hungry, they find an
Angie
Synopsis: "Reborn as the Flame, Emily has saved Olympus from destruction. The Olympic flame now burns strong, and peace has been restored. But not for long ...When the gruesome Nirads begin a new invasion, Emily and her friends become entangled in the conflict as old grudges are unearthed and new enemies are discovered. And all the while, Emily yearns for her father, still a prisoner of the sinister CRU, somewhere in New York. Join Emily astride the magnificent winged-stallion, Pegasus, as she e ...more
Fence
As I said about the first book, this is a children’s book and is written for its market. Which means that it isn’t too concerned with character twists and darkness, or subverting genres, or any of that sort of thing. Instead it sets out to tell a story, an adventure story with some myth thrown in to the mix.

Emily used to be an ordinary New York school child, but now she is the Flame of Olympus, but her father is still in the hands of the evil CRU and she intends to rescue him, with or without Ju
skippity_doo
Gina (My Precious Blog)
INITIAL THOUGHTS:

A great second book in a new series about Olympus. It definitely rivals Rick Riordian's Percy Jackson Series, though the main character in this series is a girl. This book is positively not lacking in action or suspense. Plenty of battle/fight scenes will keep even the most reluctant readers engaged. I was impressed that even though this is a second book in a series, it still brought a lot to the table. This book continues where the first book left off. I would say it could almo
Sara Bennett
I'd read several of the author's other books. The first book in this series and another series, about dragons. I'd liked both of them and was happy to pick this one up to try.

Emily found and helped Pegasus when there was a terrible storm caused by Nirads invading Olympus and overcoming the gods. Pegasus opens a whole new, magical world for Emily. In the end she escaped CRU, Nirads, and escaped to Olympus to save the Olympians...by sacrificing herself and becoming the Flame of Olympus.

Now the Nir
Tara Lechanteur
Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus is as engaging as its predecessor. The story grips you and takes you along page by page at breath-taking speed and you need never wonder what the point is or when it will get to the good part.

I have similar complaints as with the first book. There is little character development or too much of a rapid change in character to be believable.

(view spoiler)
Olivia
Erica O'Shea
Sophia is completely enamored with this series! Some themes are over her 7-year-old head, but most are not and the characters, the story, and all are on her mind all the time. She won't stop talking about the series and wants to tell the author how much she loves it. Pretty amazing stuff.
Colby L
This book is great. I can't wait to read the third and fourth books in this series. Emily's life is perfect except for one thing. Her father. Steve Jacobs is still being held by the CRU. She wants to go find him but Jupiter will not allow it. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery and fantasy!
Linde
After sacrificing herself to save Olympus and being reborn again, Emily is living in Olympus with the other gods and Paelan. She takes lessons with Vesta, the goddes of fire, to control her fire powers but all the while Emily is miserable. All she wants is to go back to New York and rescue her father from the ruthless CRU. Jupiter, the leader of the gods, won't allow Emily to leave because Nirads are still attacking Olympus. Never the less, Emily with the help of Pegasus, the thief Paelen and he ...more
Michael Blackmore
Oh, liked this one way better than the first volume. The pacing was better and the plot seemed to come together in a much more satisfying way for me. Extra bonus is how things are being explained that I wondered about in the first volume.

Much more optimistic about the next volume now.
Hayley Hawkins
Julie
Enjoying the continuation of Emily's story. In comparison, this series is not as mystical/magical as the Percy Jackson series, but pretty close to just as readable and enjoyable, in my opinion.
Tomboy/girl
This book is a continued version of the Pegasus series and keeps bringing on new surprises into town while keeping the old ones. Recommended for those who read the first book.
Kris Irvin
Once again, a fantastic, beautiful story that sucks you in and doesn't let go till the final page.

I don't know if the story was *quite* as good as Pegasus and the Flame, but it was still fantastic. I love Pegasus so much. And I thought O'Hearn did a great job of showing how her characters grew up through the story. Particularly Cupid. He starts out as a vapid creepazoid but he gains a LOT of depth in the short amount of pages in the book.

Action packed. Great writing. Fun story. Fantastic chara
Lisa Zimmerman
I really liked this book, I liked how there was lots of action put into it, and how it seemed like what is going to happen. I thought that the CRU people were the enemies, the book made it seem like they were, but apparently the gorgons were the enemies.
Elea
Emily is happy with Pegasus after knowing that she was the Flame of Olympus, but she still worrys about her father who is in the human world with CRU
Gracie Covington
It was so good I got the last book from England because it was not open to U.S yet, I finished the hole series in two months. 1,569 PAGES!!!!!!!!
Julia
I LOVE LOVE this series of book called Pegasus. The entire series was absolutely amazing! i definitely recommend this book for science fiction fans!
Valentina
Although the writer has not included much detail in her writing, it still provides a great storyline to anxiously follow along with.
Kaitlyn
was so but did not know it was the second one of the series or I would have read the first!! still was amazing
Emily Harmon
my 8 yr old loves this book series. We give her an hour every night to read and she comes out beaming every night so excited to tell us what has happened so far.
  • Mia a Matter of Taste (Cupcake Diaries, #14)
  • Ash Mistry and the City of Death (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #2)
  • Tut: The Story of My Immortal Life
  • What We Found in the Sofa and How it Saved the World
  • The Burning Shadow (Gods and Warriors, #2)
  • Fire and Ice (Spirit Animals, #4)
  • Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures #6)
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Spirits in the Park (Gods of Manhattan, #2)
  • Beauty and the Beast: The Only One Who Didn't Run Away (Twice Upon a Time, #3)
  • Arrow (Faery Rebels, #3)
  • Initiation (Canterwood Crest, #13)
  • Blood Ties (Spirit Animals, #3)
  • Once I Ate a Pie
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • From Texas with Love (The Genius Files #4)
  • The Waffler
She started her career in the fashion industry, spending several years working in the showroom of a large accessory firm in New York, then top management at the Calvin Klein corporation and then to Oleg Cassini in Toronto Canada.
From there she moved into film and television and finally into writing books.
More about Kate O'Hearn...

Pegasus (4 books)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • Pegasus and the New Olympians (Pegasus, #3)
  • Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus (Pegasus, #4)
The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1) Pegasus and the New Olympians (Pegasus, #3) Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus (Pegasus, #4) Kira (Shadow of the Dragon, #1) Valkyrie (Valkyrie, #1)

“Set yourself on fire again I see.” “No, I tripped,” Emily answered, shoving him back. Paelen smiled his crooked smile. “Of course you did; which is why your sandal is charcoal and still smoldering.” In the time they’d spent in Olympus, Emily had really grown to like Paelen.” 4 likes
“Then she pointed to the stone Chrysaor. “Have that thing removed.” 2 likes