Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance, #3)

Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  18 reviews
They are brash, they are brave, and when they see a chance to be a hero, they take it. They are the Men of Defiance, and they are not easily tamed...To Leah Morgan's mind, the last thing her hometown of Defiance needs is another gunman stalking its dusty streets-especially one as sweet-talking and fine-looking as Jace Gage. Despite her warnings, the infuriating man seems d...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Zebra Books

Keri
Jace Gage comes to Defiance to clean up the town, which is his specialty and he is very good at it. Leah knows that Defiance doesn't need another gunfighter bleeding on its crooked streets. The sheriff has just about ran all the good people of Defiance off. Leah can't leave her little town, as many people depend on her for her baking and hunting skills. Sparks fly right away between Gage and Leah. It takes along time for Gage to gain Leah's trust and for her to realize that Gage can protect her....more
TJ
4.5/5.0

If one loves John Wayne, shoot-em-up, steal the girl type Westerns, this one can't be beat!

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, online at: http://affairedecoeur.com/ - or hard copy, August 2011 issue.
Tina
Nov 20, 2011 Tina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All
It’s 1868 and Jace Gage, a bounty hunter, has come back to the town of Defiance. He’s back to clean up the town, a place he doesn’t like much, but he’s determined to do his job and do it right. The first time he spots Leah, she’s defending a young boy. Leah thinks Jace is a gunfighter and tries to stay out of his way. But Jace’s real job as a bounty hunter is to clean up corrupt towns like Defiance. Jace really has his work cut out for him this time and Leah is a distraction he doesn’t need. Des...more
Stacey Pagan
This novel, a series titled Men of Defiance, is one that will suck you in and not let go of you until the end! Although I’ve not read the other two novels, I’m totally in love with Levine! I fell in love with Leah and Jace right from the start!

Leah Morgan has led a difficult life in Defiance! She has witnessed on numerous occasions episodes of terrible acts upon her mother, leaving her scared and as skittish as a jackrabbit! The sheriff of Defiance and his group of followers are downright evil...more
Nora-adrienne
Leah and the Bounty Hunter
By Elaine Levine
Copyright August 2011
Publisher Zebra Historical Romance

To Leah Morgan's mind, the last thing her hometown of Defiance needs is another gunman stalking its dusty streets-especially one as sweet-talking and fine-looking as Jace Gage. Despite her warnings, the infuriating man seems determined to meddle in her life and risk his own, all for a town that can't be saved and a heart she locked away long ago.
Professional bounty hunter Jace Gage has cleaned up pl...more
Linda
Alexia Chantel
Classic western romance; gunfights, hidden gold, hired gunslinger, independent western woman.

Leah lives alone, well as alone as one can be with a large wolf as a constant companion. Self sufficient until Jace shows up in Defiance, he seems to be a catalyst and causes events that end her independence and threaten her life. Jace looks at Leah and despite his grim outlook on life he sees a chance to be happy. He is there for her when she needs help most.

A nice quick read, if you are in the mood fo...more
CJ - Drop Dead Cute
I had been super excited to read this but this is a bit slow. It begins about halfway through Audrey's story so not only are we left hanging about Jace's condition until about 67% into the story.

It wasn't bad but it could have been so much better. I didn't need the beginning of their relationship but how it was at the end of the previous book.

Also I felt like Leah and Gage weren't as fleshed out as they could've been.

Not bad but unfortunately not my favorite (as I hoped it would).
Deidre
I really would have liked to give this a 3.5 star rating because overall I did like the story but it just didn't flow smothly for me. At an emotional level it seemed the H/H were often at odds & acting out of character.

This is the first book by this author that I have read so I will try another before I decide if her books are for me. "I think I'm getting Nit-Picky in my old age"
Patricia Davis
You want a sexy gunslinger, well now, you got em. Leah and the Bounty Hunder was brilliant. The story delivered topics pertaining to womens issues of abuse and how men had power and ruled with a fist or a gun to evolve into a very endearing, heartwrenching tale of redemption and love. My star rating is a 5 stars all the way.
Bibliolatry Me
He is a fast draw, good at what he does, has experienced betrayal and is finally able to envision a future with peace when he lays eyes on Leah

Read more http://www.nocturnereads.com/Leah-and...
Greta Branas
loved this book!! the 3 book is full of suspense. I highly recommend this book!!
Marianne
A bit anti-climactic but still a decent read.
Dixie
Loved Jace but Leah got on my nerves a bit.
Susinok
Great trilogy! I loved Leah and Jase.
Sharon
Love this series and this author.
Steffi
Series review coming soon...
Jo
Jo is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Glenda Bettin
Glenda Bettin marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
JF
JF marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Gypsylcm
Gypsylcm marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Zaria
Zaria marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Never Love A Lawman (Reidsville, #1)
  • Give Me a Texas Outlaw
  • Montana Dawn (McCutcheon Family #1)
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
  • Colorado Dawn (Runaway Brides, #2)
  • Rafe's Redemption
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • The Bride Wore Spurs (Inconvenient Brides, #1)
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • Tin Angel
  • Springwater Seasons (Springwater, 2-5)
  • Tis the Season to Be Sinful
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
  • Lawless (Untamed #2)
  • Caught in the Act
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
"Elaine Levine is a wonderfully fresh and original voice in western romance.
RACHEL AND THE HIRED GUN is full of fast-paced action and powerful emotions. I loved it!"
-- Joan Johnston, New York Times bestselling author of A STRANGER'S GAME

"A pair of appealing, well-matched protagonists (with a bit of a history), a slimy villain, well-drawn secondary characters, and plenty of action make this rough...more
More about Elaine Levine...
The Edge of Courage (Red Team, #1) Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2) Honor Unraveled (Red Team, #3) Rachel and the Hired Gun (Men of Defiance, #1) Logan's Outlaw (Men of Defiance, #4)