Start by marking “Chick 'n' Pug Meet the Dude” as Want to Read:
Chick 'n' Pug Meet the Dude

Chick 'n' Pug Meet the Dude

He's taller than the Chrysler Building. He drools more than a teething baby sucking on a piece of Jello. Dog people will recognize him as a Great Dane. Chick and Pug know him only as . . . The Dude.

When the larger-than-life Dude ambles into Pug's territory and steals Pug's favorite chew toy, Chick is ready to take down the slobbering scoundrel. However, that would require
Published June 25th 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published February 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chick 'n' Pug Meet the Dude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chick 'n' Pug Meet the Dude

Logan Goldberg
Jun 06, 2015 Logan Goldberg rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
School Library Journal
( June 01, 2013; 9781599906003 )
PreS-K-The characters introduced in Chick 'n' Pug (Bloomsbury, 2010) love having exciting adventures and being superheroes, but sometimes they just like to relax, play with Pug's toys, and nap. One day, they awake to find their favorite toy missing. Chick immediately sets out to find Squeaky Hamburger, and Pug stays behind to keep an eye out for the thief and snooze some more. The culprit turns out to be The Dude, a new dog in the neighborho
Rachel
The continuing adventures of Chick and Pug finds them facing a ferocious beast who has stolen their favourite toy, or at least that is how Chick sees it. Pug, on the other hand has the usual dog attitude, sharing is good, and there are other toys to play with.

Exaggerated expressions and actions are the primary source of amusement, but there are some subtleties that an older audience will pick up on, like the reference to the big bad wolf, and the superman shirt used as a reminder of scale. Compa
Melanie
Being a Wonderdog is hard but Chick and Pug know to take it easy sometimes and just play with favorite toys. But when the favorite "squeaky hamburger" goes missing a rest must wait.

Chick is on the case. He scopes out potential crime scenes (the sandbox), interviews potential witnesses (a garden gnome) and finally spots the missing article. Oh, my goodness! The missing toy has been spotted! It's been kidnapped by a horrible monster with sharp claws and fangs and evil eyes! Wonderpug is not that w
Megan (ReadingRover)
This was a fun book. It's about Chick and Pug. They're best friends and small time super heroes. When squeaky burger toy goes missing Chick is on the case. Finally he finds it in the mouth of another dog who Pug says is the Dude. The Dude is a gigantic white fluffy, slobbery guy. Chick is determined to get squeaky burger back and when they do its all slobbery. Pug tells Chick not to worry because they can get another toy but they always have each other.
This book is beautifully illustrated book
Amy
Sattler has done it again! Another fabulous story about the adventures of chick and Wonder Pug! When pugs squeaky hamburger toy disappears, chick is determined to get it back. When he discovers that a big ferocious dog (the Dude) has taken it, he does all he can to get it back. Meanwhile, Wonder Pug is busy with a delicious bone! When chick does retrieve the squeaky hamburger, it is covered in slime! The three become pal ~ because "squeaky toys come and go but in the end, at least you have each ...more
Anna Olswanger
Jun 23, 2013 Anna Olswanger rated it it was amazing
Chick and Pug are back, and Chick is his irrepressible self. The look on his face when he realizes that the Squeaky Hamburger toy is missing is hilarious. Jennifer Sattler perfectly captures each creature's personality and range of emotions. I love it when Chick recaptures Squeaky Hamburger and realizes it's now covered in The Dude's saliva. "Yuck," says Chick. Highly recommended.
Kelsey
Animals: Pets, dogs, chick

Chick n Pug are an unstoppable team but when Pug's squeaky toy goes missing, Chick (and Pug) must get to the bottom of the mystery! I liked the superhero references (little kids are going BONKERS for superheroes now) and the juxtaposition of Chick and Pug provides for fun character voices.
Tim Vandenberg
Jan 19, 2015 Tim Vandenberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
...And the smiles continue! Chick steals the show yet again! As every super hero needs a worthy sidekick, Chick lives up to Wonder Pug's super hero needs and rescues.....The Squeaky Hamburger!

Looking forward to more Chick 'n' Pug adventures!

Recommended for all who've ever handled a slimy squeaky toy....for the love of a dog.
Brett Hartman
Jun 23, 2013 Brett Hartman rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book because my two sons loved Pig Kahuna (as did I. I read it over a year ago and still remember the surfboard: Dave!). So we were expecting a good read with "Dude," and boy did we get it! My sons went wild when the cheeseburger comes back covered in saliva, and they were enraptured by the Dude at the end. Great book, especially for a couple of rowdy boys.
Heidi-Marie
I've been wanting to read this since ALA Midwinter. I really adore Sattler's illustrations. I enjoyed the sarcasm and the story--loved the ending the best. I may like it a little better than the first. Lots of humor in the illustrations. A preschool crowd might get it, especially those who love and/or own dogs.
Tam
Jul 19, 2014 Tam rated it liked it
This book has cute illustrations. I didn't love the story but my 6-year-old did.

Excerpt from the book:
"Chick and Pug were an unstoppable team. They spent most of their time looking for exciting adventures and saving ordinary citizens. But being a superhero can get tiring. Sometimes they just needed to relax, to kick back and play with some toys."
Cemeread
board book For those whose little ones aren't ready for paper pages, but want a longer story this is one to consider. Chick is concerned when the favorite squeaky toy goes missing. he goes on a hunt for it, finds it and who took it. Pug seems unconcerned and Chick tries to get the toy back.
Leona
Jul 24, 2013 Leona rated it it was ok
the story is a dud but the pics are so cute. kids would probably be happy if the grown up made up a better story as they go along and just enjoy the pics.
Nancy Jo Lambert
A fun picture book with some action and adventure in it that kids will love! Would make a good read aloud too!
Nanci Booher
Chick and Pug are at it again. This time, their squeaky hamburger toy is missing! Oh now, what are they going to do!!!!
Jodie
Jul 20, 2014 Jodie rated it really liked it
Adorable story about a chick and a pug who are friends. Misfortune happens when the squeaky hamburger is missing because of the Dude. It all gets worked out in the end.
Jeffrey West
Jan 26, 2014 Jeffrey West rated it really liked it
Chick and Pug are back and cuter than ever. Add another dog and a squeak toy and it made this one over the top cute.
Kaimyn
Kaimyn rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
Małgorzata
Małgorzata rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Trinity
Trinity rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Donna Hall
Donna Hall rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Jim Carroll
Jim Carroll rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Yeshua
Yeshua rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Bryn
Bryn rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Gretchen Huber
Gretchen Huber rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Charlie Rogers
Charlie Rogers rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
  • Puddle Pug
  • A Year with Marmalade
  • Simon's New Bed
  • Maya Was Grumpy
  • Nugget and Fang: Friends Forever--or Snack Time?
  • Dream Friends
  • Duck & Goose Go to the Beach
  • My Dog Thinks I'm A Genius
  • Some Dog!
  • Naptime with Theo and Beau
Jennifer Sattler is the author and illustrator of several picture books including Sylvie, Chick 'n' Pug, Pig Kahuna, Chick 'n' Pug Meet the Dude, Uh-oh, Dodo!, and her latest, Pig Kahuna Pirates. After several years of teaching college students, she realized that her "inner goofball" needed to come out. Once she started making books for children, she was hooked. "I really am a 5-year old at ...more
More about Jennifer Sattler...