Start by marking “Calyx of Teversall” as Want to Read:
Calyx of Teversall

Calyx of Teversall

4.69 of 5 stars 4.69  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A whimsical, Rumpelstiltskin-inspired fantasy for the 8-12 age group.

After learning the ropes at his uncle's curio shop (and singlehandedly establishing a trading partnership with the gnomes), clever, resourceful Calyx Overton can practically run the business himself. He's so happy living in town that he almost forgets his rural, straw-plaiting past. He almost forgets that
Published January 14th 2012 by Brighter Books Publishing House (first published September 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Calyx of Teversall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calyx of Teversall

Angela Jurgensen
Calyx of Teversall has the spirit of a classical fairy tale. It is so refreshing to read something that is written for an intelligent young audience, and doesn't try to "dumb down" the dialogue! This book will be enjoyed by everyone who reads it. It has a delightful pace, great flow, I just love it.
Taryn Appleby
I LOVED the creative ideas, names and events. This magical adventure will keep you wondering and hoping to learn more!! I know that everyone who reads this will have this book on their "Favorites List"!!
Stephanie Soplop
I loved reading this book and am going to share it with the kids at the youth center I work at. It's an enchanted story that keeps you connected to the characters and wanting to keep reading more.
I loved this story! I was lucky enough to read an early version the author sent me and think this book would be enjoyable for kids of any age.
Stephanie Soplop
I really enjoyed reading Calyx of Teversall. It was a fun book filled with magical surprises. I definitely recommend reading this book.
Kim Piddington
An engaging storyline with gnomes, elves, and fairies on practically every page. Amazing artwork enhances the story!
Leah Polcar
Leah Polcar marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2011
Maia Appleby
Jul 30, 2011 Maia Appleby rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-maia