Start by marking “White Lies And Barefaced Truths (Truth Or Dare #1)” as Want to Read:
White Lies And Barefaced Truths (Truth Or Dare #1)

White Lies And Barefaced Truths (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise #1)

Dear Squidge, I really like you but..."I ripped the letter up. Pathetic. "How am I going to do this, Bec? Help me."Becca's face clouded. "He's going to be devastated. He really adores you.""

Cat's always been the perfect girl next door. Thoughtful friend. Supportive girlfriend. Surrogate mother to her three younger siblings. A great help to her dad since her mum died.

But no
Published May 1st 2004 by Turtleback Books (first published May 2nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about White Lies And Barefaced Truths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Lies And Barefaced Truths

Grace
Jan 20, 2016 Grace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-romance
Sorry Cathy Hopkins, but this series just was not for me... which is strange really, considering the characters are the same age as the Mates Dates. I just didn't like this as much.

Main protagonist Cat was just a bit boring and silly (at one point she runs from her dad and stands on a beach iN THE RAIN ThINkINg AbOuT hOW sAd LifE iS) but at some points she was alright. Ollie was just exactly like Tony - the only difference being that I actually like Tony whereas with Ollie I felt you didn't know
Araceli
Feb 23, 2012 Araceli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fue de los primeros libros que leí, por eso la puntuacion alta. Me hizo querer leer más.
Steph
Aug 05, 2008 Steph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Mates, Dates and ... series, light and fluflly chick lit lovers
Very cute, light story. More realistic than the Gossip Girl or It Girl series. Relatable characters and situations. Eas, quick read.
Prayer
I prayer Alvarez recommend the book "white lies and barefaced truths" on the basis of lying to protect your friendships.for example a young girl named cat who is 15 years old lies to her friends because she's afraid of losing her friendships and her relationship. This demonstrates that lying can cause a lot to happen. When trying to hide a secret from others cause your scared that it will hurt their feelings and hurt your relationship with that person. When I started the book I was thinking it's ...more
Joanna
Mar 27, 2009 Joanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cat, the protagonist of the story, is facing some major issues. She have a boyfriend, named Squidge, but she's long over him. However, she couldn't find a way to break up with him. They had been together for really long and he really love her. Another problem she's facing, which connects to the first one, is she liked someone else. This guy name Ollie and Cat's friend, Becca, also liked him. How can she ever find a way to clear everything up?
The reason why I chose to read this book is because I
Samantha
Sep 05, 2007 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like fluffly teen chick lit
Shelves: teenchicklit
I had never read this author before (she also writes Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras), so I didn't realize she was British. That threw me off a bit.

The store is of a girl, Cat, who has a boyfriend Squidge, who she might just want to break up with but doesn't know how. Her best friend, Becca, likes a boy named Ollie, who Cat also likes but doesn't want to hurt Becca. Can she learn to keep all her secrets safe?

I thought this was a little too much on the light and fluffy side for my taste. I'd sa
Lesly Mejia
Apr 11, 2011 Lesly Mejia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was the very first book I ever read just for fun, and my obssesion for books started with it.

I was twelve years old when I read it and I absolutely loved it. Gosh, it was so good it even made me cry in the part where Cat is in the beach crying under the rain. Also, what I loved the most was that I could definetely relate to the main character.

Perhaps Hopkins' writing style is not the best ever and the book is a bit too short, but it's perfect for teeenage girls and, most of all, it's quite a
Andrea
Aug 09, 2008 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was about Cat who likes a guy her best frind likes. This guy happens to have a reputation of being a heartbreaker and the brother of her new friend Lia(wait..im pretty sure that was her name) Also, Cat already has a boyfriend who she thinks of as a good friend and doesn't know how to break up with.

I thought this book was a bit shallow and predictable and typical but overall it was okay.
Ling Juan
May 02, 2009 Ling Juan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Cat, who has a boyfriend named Squidge. They have been together for really long. Cat doesn't like him anymore, but doesn't know how to break up with him. she asked her best friend, Becca to help her. Later on, she has a crush on Ollie and Becca loves him too. What do you think Cat will do?
I enjoyed reading this book. Right now i'm learning about different relationships in health and this is one of them. I get to make connections between these two books.
Onna
Jun 01, 2011 Onna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was like the Dates, Mates books, which I loved. The characters were so similar though, that it was like reading the other series and not this one. I love Hopkins' writing because she really gets teen girls. It's a fun book to read! Oh and it's really cool how it takes place across the pond, so you get a sense of their culture a bit. All in all we're all teens and we go through the same problems, ok, maybe not the same, but pretty close. lol!
abby.morris.51648
Jul 16, 2011 abby.morris.51648 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a marvelous book. It was a great way to tell a story that not only tests friendship but love too. it was a great leveled book for me and I would love to read more books by Cathy Hopkins.
Ashleigh
3.5

Good real-life discussions. Mates/Dates totally raised me and reading this book has reminded me that I was in good hands. Funny hearing girls say they're gong to call each other... Old school.
Emily
Mar 13, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing book i would defenly recomen it to friends
Andjela
Jul 28, 2013 Andjela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is an interesting and fun novel!!!
Melissa
Decent British YA chick lit. Cat learns about the truth, how and when to tell it.
Tessa
Jan 25, 2012 Tessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's good, easy to relate to and a very easy read(;
Sophie
Aug 20, 2010 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no way I could have managed the horrible teenage years without this series! I read it multiple times!!
Katherine
THis is a comedy/romance/drama book.
Anna
Sep 22, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast reading.
Marjolein
READ IN DUTCH

Dit boek is een onderdeel van de Tina Topper serie, die ik vroeger verzamelde. Het zijn leuke, korte boekjes voor kinderen in de leeftijd van 10 tot 12 jaar, schat ik.
Ma'ayan
Dec 09, 2008 Ma'ayan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book but the next are even better!!
Kimberley
May 04, 2011 Kimberley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
awh it was so good! it was sad but there were some funny moments :)
Neni Puji Artanti
Aug 25, 2011 Neni Puji Artanti rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Enteng sih critanya, ye namanya juga teenlit. Cuma jd gatel juga, kalo kita ngelist kejujuran dan whitelies sehari2 gmana ya? Well, yg jelas bakal ada perang di kantor :-P
Madi
Jan 25, 2008 Madi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really confusing, sad, funny, and everything else you can think of.
Pearl
Jun 26, 2011 Pearl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nice
Kalysta
I didn't really get it about this book story. I just felt exhausted reading this book. And the plot just went very flat, without climax
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2011
tracey smith
tracey smith rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Librospjovenes
Librospjovenes rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2012
  • My First Love and Other Disasters (Victoria Martin, #2)
  • What’s French For “Ew”? (Emily, #3)
  • Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3)
  • Flies on the Butter
  • Too Cool for School (Diary of a Chav, #3)
  • The Write Stuff (Love Letters, #3)
  • This Must Be Love

Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise (8 books)
  • The Princess of Pop (Truth or Dare, #2)
  • Teen Queens and Has-Beens (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #3)
  • Starstruck (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #4)
  • Double Dare (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #5)
  • Midsummer Meltdown (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #6)
  • Love Lottery (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #7)
  • All Mates Together (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #8)