God's Love Letters to You: A 40-Day Devotional Experience

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dear (your name here),

I love you.

Love, God.

What if you had a letter from the Lord of the Universe, written specifically to you with unique insightinto who He is and what He has planned for you?

What if you could enter into a real conversationwith the God of the Bible?

WELL, YOU DO. AND YOU CAN.

The greatest love letters of all time did not come from the pen of aplaywright or...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

Lynnea
I received this book, God's Love Letters to You by Larry Crabb, from Book Sneeze for an honest evaluation.
I started it immediately after receiving it but just couldn't get into it. I set it down and forgot about it. Now that I have picked it up again, I still can't get into it. There just doesn't seem to be much substance. I was excited to have a "quick" devotional that would really make me think throughout my day. But this only held up to the "quick" part of my expectation.

Maybe for someone who...more
Nichole
God's Love Letters to You by Dr. Larry Crabb is a 40 day devotional that covers 20 books from the Old Testament and 20 books from the New Testament. Dr. Crabb seeks to help the reader better understand God's message of love throughout the Bible. Each devotional includes which book of the Bible to read that day, an additional scripture verse, the devotional reading, questions to reflect on, and a prayer. This book was well written, but I did not find the devotional messages interesting. The refle...more
Pauline Creeden
My husband and I had a long distance relationship in college through two summers. He stayed at college while I went home for the break. This was before the days of free long distance or frequent use of email. So he and I wrote letters. I cherish every one of them to this day, and when I read them, I certainly feel his love. And when I read something that claims to be a love letter from God, I expect to be moved and “feel the love.” Instead I found this book lacking.

I got this book from Thomas N...more
Kpent
When I looked over the Thomas Nelson books available to review and saw one by Larry Crabb, I immediately download the e-book. And I'm not disappointed.

"God's Love Letters to You" is a wonderful glimpse at the whole context of God's Word. Far from a feel good read, Dr. Crabb shows the reality of pain in a framework of love.

"But God's way of thinking and His way of loving are so far above us—and so different sometimes from what we think they should be—that His way of speaking life can feel harsh,...more
Teela
God's Love Letters to You, a 40-Day devotional experience by Dr. Larry Crabb, is one of the best devotional books I've read. In fact, I didn't want to read just one a day as intended. Dr. Crabb is a well-known Christian psychologist, teacher and speaker, and he uses his background to inspire us into real conversation and thoughts with the God of the Bible. Using personal letters from God (straight out of the Bible) to us, he is challenging us to hear the love story God is telling us, and to awak...more
Lisa
God’s Love Letters to You
By- Larry Crabb
The greatest love letters of all time did not come from the pen of a playwright or the mouth of a poet. They weren’t formed on warped sheets of music or with the quills of romantics. These letters come from the Word of the Almighty God.

Each of Crabb’s 40 day devotionals are based on a different book of the Bible. Each day also offers relevant scripture, a “letter” from God, thought provoking questions and a prayer.

Once I started reading God’s Love Letters...more
Mindy
"Give yourself forty days to fall head-over-heels in love with the Savior who calls you by name and welcomes you into a sweeping, incredible relationship with Him. Discover the language and story of true love as it was originally intended - personal letters from God to you." From that description, I had high hopes for this book. I was excited about a 40-day devotional that would lead me to explore God's love for me. And when I saw the author was Dr. Larry Crabb, I thought it was a sure thing.

How...more
Ariel
I didn't have a devotional for my mornings, but I tend to not have a lot of time in the morning so I wanted something quick but meaningful. This devotional was the perfect fit. It had a short page long reading section, and then would go into the questions that made this book more personal.

Each day was based on a certain book of the Bible, and would pull aspects of God's love from them for the reader to learn from each day. While each day was generalized for all readers, there were also things th...more
Kj
I had high hopes for this book, and I hate to say it, but it was a bit of a let down.

The book is actually not the full version by Dr Larry Crabb, but edited down excerpts to create a 40 day devotional. I couldnt help feeling that each chapter was like a trailer for a movie I never got to see.

I think this book would make a great gift for someone who actually doesn't like reading, but want more structure for their quiet time. It really doesn't do well as a stand alone book though.

The longer ver...more
Manda
I thought this was a great little devo that I would recommend to anyone who is looking for something special.

Full Review here: http://eagleswingsbooks.blogspot.com/...
Jo
Jo added it
Jun 17, 2014
Jarrett Clay
Jarrett Clay marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Richell Ragin
Richell Ragin marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Deandra
Deandra is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2014
Alisa Birmingham
Alisa Birmingham marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Mun Li
Mun Li added it
Feb 13, 2014
Lindsi Dawn
Lindsi Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
CHERYLE  LITTLE
CHERYLE LITTLE marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
J. Madison
J. Madison marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Zuzka Samcova
Zuzka Samcova marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Michelle Higgins
Michelle Higgins marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Sherri Williams
Sherri Williams is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2013
19542
Dr. Larry Crabb is a well-known psychologist, conference and seminar speaker, Bible teacher, popular author, and founder/director of NewWay Ministries. In addition to various other speaking and teaching opportunities, Dr. Crabb offers a weekend conference throughout the country entitled Life on the Narrow Road and a week-long School of Spiritual Direction held in Colorado Springs, CO. He currently...more
More about Larry Crabb...
Inside Out Shattered Dreams: God's Unexpected Pathway to Joy Connecting The Silence of Adam: Becoming Men of Courage in a World of Chaos The Pressure's Off: There's a New Way to Live