Start by marking “Secrets of Stylists: An Insider's Guide to Styling the Stars” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Stylists: An Insider's Guide to Styling the Stars

Secrets of Stylists: An Insider's Guide to Styling the Stars

In this unprecedented insider's guide, fashion industry veteran Sasha Charnin Morrison opens her little black book of celebrity stylists and shares their top secrets on creating unforgettable looks, landing a choice job, and working with the pros. Interviews with key players reveal the ins and outs of the glamorous (and often gritty) world of styling, while hundreds of glo ...more
Published April 29th 2011 by Chronicle Books (CA) (first published April 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Stylists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Stylists

Bianca Barraza
May 03, 2015 Bianca Barraza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was truly informative about the inside world of a stylist and their career path. I had found it while looking for an extended text for a school passion project based upon the importance of fashion stylists, and continued to use it to gain data for my research. It help me advance my knowledge on the subject, being highly informative about their profession, but not so much about fashion itself.

It ends up showing stories of Sasha's past experiences with a few fashion tips here and there.
Hessah
Jul 17, 2016 Hessah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
what a waste of papers! Don't expect any advice but newspapers articles that will tell you to be yourself, follow fashion and take abuse from your seniors to make it big!!

The most enjoyable reads were those tales told by well established stylists . However some of them are over the top ( I made Cate Blanchet ? Who are are you! She made her marks through her talent. )

Funny that the book has a chapter dedicated to fashion crimes, but these mistakes are respected because of the boldness !!

A seri
Connie  Kuntz
Jul 28, 2012 Connie Kuntz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"Stars" do not shine on their own. Why aren't they more embarrassed? Why are they stars? I don't get it.

I thought reading this would help me get off my Amish kick. It did not. Frankly, the Amish are cuter.

But this book was a nice advertisement for Starbucks, Blackberry, and Spanx. And I'm sure I'll always appreciate the wisdom I gleaned from this book. Because of this helpful book, I'll remember the benefits of wearing underwear.

Brilliant!
Emily
Apr 23, 2015 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, style
More about career info for stylists rather than fashion pointers. If you're interested in becoming a stylist, then this is the book for you. I did learn the essential nature of shape wear though!
Mary Lynn
Interesting for fans of fashion, celebrities and stylists. More like an overlong magazine article but a quick fun read.
Katy
Katy rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2011
Peach
Peach rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Judith Romance
Judith Romance rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Tasha
Tasha rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2011
July Palafox
July Palafox rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2011
L
L rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Laura Hyman
Laura Hyman rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Randy/Pam
Randy/Pam rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2017
Vilde (vforvilde)
Vilde (vforvilde) rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Lerato
Lerato rated it liked it
May 05, 2011
Dacy
Dacy rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2012
Chanda
Chanda rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Monique Chante'
Monique Chante' rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2014
samantha
samantha rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2013
Lynda Starks
Lynda Starks rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Jessica Rosa-Robinson
Jessica Rosa-Robinson rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Gregg Paz
Gregg Paz rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Melissa Turgeon
Melissa Turgeon rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2016
Nicci
Nicci rated it liked it
May 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Who What Wear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life
  • Vogue: The Covers
  • The Fashion Designer Survival Guide: Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business
  • In Fashion: From Runway to Retail, Everything You Need to Know to Break Into the Fashion Industry
  • Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty, & Everything Glamour
  • Style Yourself
  • Fashion 101: A Crash Course in Clothing
  • Vintage Fashion
  • 101 Things I Learned in Fashion School
  • The End of Fashion: How Marketing Changed the Clothing Business Forever
  • I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style
  • The Style Strategy: A Less-Is-More Approach to Staying Chic and Shopping Smart
  • Extreme Beauty: The Body Transformed