Start by marking “Daniel's First Sighting (Fallen Shorts, #0.1)” as Want to Read:
Daniel's First Sighting (Fallen Shorts, #0.1)

Daniel's First Sighting (Fallen Shorts 0.1)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,287 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Published (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Daniel's First Sighting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel's First Sighting

Leila Anani
The lead up to Daniel and Lucinda's meeting for the first time in this life time, this time from Daniel's POV. If you want a tortured brooding hero, look no further. He makes Edward Cullen look like a ray of sunshine. Really enjoyed this as I found Daniel a very difficult character to get a grip on in the first two books (they are all from Lucinda's POV and her issues with his erratic behaviour) it was nice to see things from his end.
Liz
Jun 13, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, fantasy
I wish Lauren would publish these shorts altogether in one book. These are interesting and I enjoyed this one. They are providing some interesting insight that makes more of the original book "Fallen" make sense. This one makes me want to go back to Fallen and re-read it.
Tanya
Dec 17, 2011 Tanya rated it really liked it
This gives a little more insight into Daniel and of course the question that burned at the time....why did he flip her off?
Carolyn
Sep 26, 2011 Carolyn rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
I still love the flipping her off part.
Holly Noelle
I don't know what to do about this series. A part of me likes it, a part of me is confused by it, and a part of me can't wait to finish just so I don't need to read it anymore.

While I do happen to like Daniel's point of view, I want to give the guy some lithium - dude is in love with his sorrow.
Natalie
Jul 21, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it
I always love the extra, it's great to see what each character go through and what they think.
I found this extra on http://www.scribd.com/doc/51797053/Co...
Vanessa
Jul 15, 2013 Vanessa rated it liked it
A cute little Fallen short. So glad I can still read a little more about this book even though the series ended a while ago. This truly is one of my favorite series.
Also, I'm glad to finally know what Daniel was laughing at the moments before he saw Lucinda for the first time in that lifetime, although, I was expecting a something little more funny, but it's good to finally know, since you know, I always wondered.
Mizuki
Fuck you.

That's my only response to all of these pointless Fallen spinoffs. Lauren Kate, get yourself some writing lessons, get yourself some new idea already!
Maria Eleynita
So that's the first time he saw Luce again, Daniel and Luce really have this past thing i wanted to know. Short stories are really helpful when you really wanted to know bits and pieces not included in the actual book. So far, this is good.
Kassandra Torres
Feb 19, 2016 Kassandra Torres rated it it was amazing
Sentí que estaba leyendo oscuros de nuevo, amo los shots, pero de oscuros mi vida esta muy completa
Zara Khan
Apr 21, 2014 Zara Khan rated it really liked it
the only good thing related to fallen series...................the series bored me to death
Natalie
May 12, 2014 Natalie marked it as to-read
There are shorts in this series?!?! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS?!?!? I have to read them!
Lada Vlckova
Jun 19, 2014 Lada Vlckova rated it it was amazing
Want more like this, from Daniel point of view..
Katja
Oct 08, 2015 Katja rated it it was ok
Nothing special.
Kai
May 12, 2014 Kai rated it really liked it
Reading Daniel's point of view before meeting Lucinda is interesting.
Victoria Hansen
Mar 14, 2016 Victoria Hansen rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
What is this? A fucking little short story about a conversation between Cam and Daniel. My passionate hatred for this series is slowly growing... and it can't stop. If I keep writing, I will lose more brain cells than I already have. Despite being a short, it was boring and too many trees died for this. I love shorts, and it's not difficult to make one as they don't need to have a plot, but this... no.
Jovy
Jun 07, 2013 Jovy rated it liked it
No idea about the series when I picked this novella...really did not read any book description but it got my interest.

Fallen angel...immortals and mortals in the same school...a fallen angel who went back to heaven...messenger angel...tragic love story... violet glowing eyes and temporary coldness when Luce (wherever she is) needed Daniel more than usual...
Kayla
Sep 25, 2012 Kayla rated it liked it
i liked the interactions he had with the other characters like penny and roland. (although, wtf? roland was someone he talked to a few times. in the middle ages, they were knights together..werent they? didnt say they knew each other well?)
but mostly i liked how purely he loves her and how much it actually hurts him to not love her. thats why i liked this.
Joti
Jul 23, 2012 Joti rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
Maud
Apr 04, 2012 Maud rated it liked it
I have been wondering for a while what Daniel was thinking the first time he saw Luce again in this life of her and now I finally know it. It's not surprising, kinda expected it to be like this, but still nice to have it confirmed and I enjoy every extra piece of Fallen I can get my hands on so it was nice to read.
TheForgottenMeaning
Definitely clears many, many things up from the first book; Fallen. Explains why Daniel's hostility towards Luce was so prominent, because he swore her off for what he wanted to be forever in order to protect her. Also shows what really happened to Trevor that night everything burned and he lost his life.
Abby
Aug 08, 2014 Abby rated it it was ok
No one has informed me that these things exist. !!!
Between The Lines  Book Blog
Dec 30, 2012 Between The Lines Book Blog rated it really liked it
I thought this little shot was really good. It explained some things that were not really explained and could only be explained from Daniel. I love reading the same book from the other person's point of view and it was no different this time. I wouldn't mind reading the whole book from Daniel's POV!
Rebekah
Really struggling to read any of the short stories :( every time I click the fallen saga links it directs me to a page where the page isn't in English, Spanish maybe? I don't know but I would appreciate any help any one can give really frustrating!
Riana
Apr 25, 2015 Riana rated it it was amazing
It's a sweet short story, how Daniel feels when he's close to Luce. Even before he knows she's there, he can feel her presence, feel her energy and soul. Lovely.
Sukaina
Mar 11, 2012 Sukaina rated it it was amazing
It's kinda Daniel POV of when he and Luce met first at Sword & Cross. But it's nice to have Daniel's view on something.And now I finally know why Daniel was laughing.
Margarida
Oct 21, 2013 Margarida rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Daniel is always thinking what's best for Luce's life and that's why I love him because he loves her so much!
I wish the books had Daniel's POV!
Dorise
Jun 30, 2013 Dorise rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
The only reason I've gave this short 'book' 4 stars is, because it's so short. I'm going to read the other short stories too, that's obviously.
Laura Elizabeth
Aug 09, 2012 Laura Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Only worth reading to someone who actually enjoyed the series, and as I did not- this was really not worth the time either.
Amy
May 26, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Fallen has so many short stories, it's kind of ridiculous but awesome. Nice to get insight into someone else's POV.
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Daniel's First Sighting 1 11 Apr 03, 2013 08:02PM
  • The Invitation: Gathering Bonus Short
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time (The Morganville Vampires)
  • Eternal Flame (The Immortals, # 0.5)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • Obsidian : Last Chapter in Daemon's POV (Lux, #1,2)
  • The Vampire Diaries: The Return - An Untold Tale: Elena's Christmas (The Vampire Diaries: The Return Extras, #0.5)
  • Treachery (Nightshade, #2.5)
  • Jocelyn's Story
  • Crow Memory (The Blood Journals, #1.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)
  • Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
She is the author of Fallen and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her husband and hopes to work in a restaurant kitchen, get a dog, and learn how to surf.
She is currently at work on the sequel to Fallen.
More about Lauren Kate...

Fallen Shorts (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Before the Fire (Fallen Shorts, #0.2)
  • What Happened To Trevor (Fallen Shorts, #0.3)
  • Daniel in L.A. (Fallen Shorts, #0.4)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • Daniel and Gabbe's Fight (Fallen Shorts, #0.6)
  • A Date with an Outcast (Fallen Shorts, #2.1)
  • Cam Goes Hunting (Fallen Shorts, #2.2)
  • Inside Francesca's Office (Fallen Shorts, #2.3)
  • Shelby's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.1)
  • Miles in the Dark (Fallen Shorts, #3.2)