Reckless Faith: Let Go and Be Led

Reckless Faith: Let Go and Be Led

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  26 reviews
When Beth and her husband Todd took a missions trip to Mexico thirteen years ago, they just thought it was an opportunity to do a little good with their summer vacation. But they couldn't forget a chance encounter with a forgotten orphanage, couldn't forget that transcendent feeling of having participated in something truly profound and like addicts they wanted that feelin...more
MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published July 25th 2008 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Faith

Katrina
I started this two days ago, I think. A friend had given it to me for Christmas. I had issues putting it down yesterday. I had book in one hand and my other hand stirring tapioca pudding, as tears were streaming down my cheeks.

It is a non-fiction book. At first I was a little wary when it comes to people talking about "reckless faith" because images of going forth and expecting to God to follow (instead of the other way around) go through my brain. But this was not the case. I also tend to be a...more
Alicia
This book is of a young couple who have fallen in love with orphans and feel the calling to help them in any way they can. They have moved to Montery, Mexico to help an orphanage there. Each chapter is titled the name of an orphan who have made an impact in their lives, instead of chronological order. The books is full of miraculous and heart-wrenching stories of children who have touched their lives. I gave this book 5 stars because it had so emotionally involved that I was thinking about it ev...more
Carrie
this book is seriously underrated! Living by faith is a reckless abandonment to what the Lord is saying, no matter what circumstances say. She really nails this by telling stories of how she has seen God be faithful in the lives of the orphans she works with, even though their circumstances would try to say otherwise.

"some may trust in horses, some may trust in chariots, but we will trust in the name of our God"
*HOLLY*
This is a collection of short stories from Beth Guckenberger about her journey in finding her path in life according to God, her experiences in mission, and how her faith is intertwined with the two. But not just faith - a reckless faith. Faith enough to let go of your own plans to put God's plans first even if you can't see why at the time.
Glynis
I feel that it is important to hear testimony of what God is currently doing in the hearts and lives of people around the world. This book was inspiring and beautiful and I would recommend it to others if they're feeling like their faith is flat and lifeless. This will inspire you to take an eternal perspective on the less fortunate around you.
Janet
4-1/2 stars. Beth Guckenberger is amazing. Written largely as excerpts from her journal which left me often wondering just how the story ended, but that was also kind of her point. Am still thinking about this book months after finishing it. I love the honesty in Beth's writing.
Lisa
This book has found me at just the right time. Those are the best books to read, aren't they? I am working on being reckless in my faith by taking a walk out on the ledge, and to be more childlike in my faith and acceptance of others and new situations.
erin
Worked with Back2Back in Mexico this winter (jan. 2010). Totally amazing "Reckless Faith" in action and worth reading just for the realness of the story. BTW, did not read the kindle edition but can't find the paperback.
Lindsey
After reading Beth's collection of "true stories about real people who, when faced with real challenges,chose to trust God." It definitely gave me an me an urgency to live with Reckless Faith.
Amy
I saw this book at my Church's book store - it is by a girl I went to high school with so I grabbed it!
It is very touching and emotional so far. Really makes you look at your faith.
Krista Letts
Love for serving orphans in Mexico leads the author to humbly recount lessons learned from lives of poor who depend on a mighty God. Well worth reading for inspiration and challenge.
Dee
This book is great! The author actually came to our church and spoke. She is a missionary in Mexico and this is a compilation of different true stories and encounters.
Cori Miller
read it...i hope that i am able to live by example a reckless faith. solidifies my support in foster care & adoption. continues my love for missionary work and mexico.
Abby
Amazing book. I spent a week in the orphanage with Beth and she is an amazing person who wrote this truly beautiful and heartbreaking book.Totally worth reading.
Mcginty
Hands down my favorite book of the year!
A Christian woman telling about her and her husband's ministry to orphans in Mexico.
Absolutely LOVED it!!!!!
Tracey
God's plan is not necessarily your plan. I sailed through this in a few days...I heard Beth speak and she writes as down to earth as she speaks....a must read.
J Renee
If you have any interest in orphan care, this is an excellent book to read! Hear first hand the story of how Back2Back Ministries began 15 years ago !
Jessica
I believe that Beth's life story will and has changed me, and revived my heart to work with orphans around the world.
Jill
An amazing story and journey - very emotional and inspiring.
Martha
An amazing story of people who are devoted to God
Sydney
Very good book. I love Back2Back!
Lisa
Oct 09, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Erin and Thad Recommendation.
Lori
Couldn't put it down.
Wendy B.
Wendy B. marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Tales of the Not Forgotten Relentless Hope: Extracting the Precious from the Worthless Tales of the Defended Ones Tales of the Ones Led Out Heroine Fellowship