Glamour (On the Runway, #5)

Glamour (On the Runway #5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Sink or swim?
These two very different sisters still have on...more
Published February 8th 2011 by Zondervan (first published February 4th 2011)

Michelle Padrelanan
Ever since reading Spotlight, Guitar Babe and I have looked forward to this next book of the On the Runway series by Melody Carlson. GLAMOUR, book 5 of the series, continues with the sisters busy preparing for their mother’s wedding and their trip to the Bahamas to film their popular reality-TV show.

While Paige is leading in the wedding preparations, Erin finds out that their TV director, Fran, is sick with leukemia. Fran confides this to Erin with the condition that she has to keep it a secret....more
Dreamwalker
Fabulous! The definition of glamour impacts my understanding of the tittle of this book by making me realize that Dylan and Paige's relationship was an exciting and often illusory and romantic relationship. To me I think Erin did the right thing by keeping Fran's secret because it shows that she's trustworthy and responsible young lady. If Fran asked me to keep her secret I probably would and somewhat do the same thing that Erin do. I probably wouldn't have taking off my sarong like Erin did bec...more
Babs
Sink or swim? Paige's engagement to designer Dylan Marceau shocks the fashion world. Although Paige appears to be happy, Erin wonders if it's true love or just a desire for attention and publicity. As Paige's love life takes off, Erin is feeling pressure from Blake to take their friendship to a romantic level. But is she ready? These two very different sisters still have one thing in common---their fashion TV show and all the drama that comes along with it. As they prepare for a trip to film in...more
Molly
Goodbye Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield, hello Paige and Erin Forrester.

I’ve been holding on to my collection of Sweet Valley High books, the wildly popular series in the 80s-90s that triggered my inner bookworm and marked my tween years, like books were extinct. I wanted to show them to my future kids, like relics from a time when fun love stories didn’t have to revolve around the undead or super sexually charged prepubescents.

Well, I’m clearing out the bookshelf today. Melody Carlson’s Glamour...more
Kim
Glamour by Melody Carlson was my first book in the On the Runway series. It took me a couple of chapters to pick up but I got into the story and got to know the characters. Paige and Erin host a runway show that watches the latest fashions. Erin takes a big role in this installment. Not only does she step up as a co host but she steps up for the people in her life. We start with a lot of changes. The girls mom is getting married, Paige is engaged, Fran (the director) has her leukemia come back,...more
Megan
Not having read the previous books in this series, I was a little lost and would have liked a little background on the characters and their relationships. Nevertheless, it was easy enough to get the gist of what was going on: two sisters in the fashion world; one thrives on fame, one prefers life away from the spotlight.

Althought this would seem like light, escapist Chicklit, Erin's constant inner monologue (disapproving of her sister's behavior, analyzing the consequences of each action) comes...more
Cassandra
Loved this one to the teeth gotta say On The Runway is my fave series in forever. Love Melody Carlson's writting it's so out there interesting and well pops-out :D She can make good series with a snap of a finger. Well not to that degree but she is excellent author. Bahmamas in this was nerve-wracking what would happen but none the less it was extremely well :D Sad though with Fran's Condtion it made me cry I gotta say because love Fran and Erin and Paige etc. But Love Erin and Fran they can cra...more
Shelly Blackmore
First of all, thank you GoodReads for another great giveaway.

"Glamour" is book five in the YA "On the Runway" series by Melody Carlson. I found the plot age appropriate and the characters endearing. A little too much religion for my tastes, but that's not to say it was a turnoff. For young Christian women, I think this book (and I'm assuming the series, though I haven't read the first four books) would be something they can read and enjoy and connect with through their own spirituality. A sweet...more
Nicki
I won this through the Goodreads First Reads program. I've never read any books previously in this series, but I didn't really have any trouble in understanding what was going on. The book was pretty good, my only problem is that it's occasionally cliche. I mean, two sisters filming a reality show? I've heard that plot before. However, I ignored this and just read the book, which was very dramatic and, though I hate to admit it, entertaining. I'd recommend it to anyone. :)
Melissa Boudreau
A quick, easy, enjoyable read that is full of valuable lessons for your everyday walk with Jesus. I really enjoyed the dilemmas that Erin would find herself in after thinking and sincerely trying to make good decisions. I love the underlying theme of God's timing and faithfulness. I do wish that I had read the earlier books in the series so I could understand Paige and her mother better. I recieved a free copy of this book from Goodreads First Reads.
Arlene
Nov 01, 2011 Arlene rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens and tweens
Recommended to Arlene by: Won in your firstread contest
Shelves: first-read
Not having read the previous books, it took a few pages to understand the story line, but once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. I am definitely not in the teen market that this book is geared to, but I found it refreshing. No vampires, no explicit sex or drug use and, surprisingly references to God. A coming of age type story that I would encourage any teen to read. This was my first book won, and it was a winner...
R.J. Murphy
Thank you for the book I won through the Goodreads giveaways. This book seems to be aimed at teens that love fashion, reality TV and Protestant Christian values. I haven’t read the first four books, which I would recommend doing because this book seems to assume the reader has. The large events pass a bit too quickly, and the basically likeable characters seem to only worry about fashion and who is dating/marring whom.
I enjoyed this book a lot, which is interesting as I'm not into fashion or behind the scenes of tv. I appreciate that the task of caregiving was discussed, as that is my life right now. And even caregiving for a leukemia patient, because that is exactly what I am doing! The book also discusses moral values and sex before marriage, an important topic in my book. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
KyBunnies
Nov 19, 2011 KyBunnies rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian Fiction Readers
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Goodreads.com
****THIS WAS A GOODREADS.COM FIRST READ CONTEST WIN!****

This is the first book I have read in this series, but it was well worth reading. I really enjoyed the book. The author has written a wonderful book with a great plot, well developed characters and interesting story. I will be looking to buy the other books in this series to read.

****THIS WAS A GOODREADS.COM FIRST READ CONTEST WIN!****
Christine
I haven't read this series, but I won this book as a goodreads first. It was really easy to pick up on, and I was able to figure out what was going on. However, I felt like I was reading a soap opera, and it wasn't going anywhere. I really didn't read a story, I felt like I read an act of a play. There really isn't a beginning or climax to the story, it just goes.
Alex
I think this has been the best book in the series so far. Paige wasn't as annoying in this one, and the ending was great. I can't wait to find out how this series ends.
Doris Bright
A goodreads.com giveaway. This is a good clean book for teens. Good story line.
Yy
Oct 23, 2011 Yy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thanks.
Vivian

Love Erin!!!!! Hope everything with blake will resolved!
Wendy
Free through Goodreads First Reads.
Rob Bekkers
Rob Bekkers marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)
  • A Little Help from My Friends (Miracle Girls, #3)
  • Roadside Assistance
  • Motorcycles, Sushi & One Strange Book (Real Life, #1)
  • Perfectly Invisible (Universally Misunderstood, #2)
  • The Blue Door (The Threshold #1)
  • The Spring of Candy Apples (Sweet Seasons, #4)
  • On a Whim (Katie Weldon, #2)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • A Very Holly Christmas
  • Ranchero (Nick Reid, #1)
  • Other Waters: A Novel
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi...more
More about Melody Carlson...
Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1) Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely (TrueColors, #1) Christmas at Harrington's Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)