Start by marking “The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress Legend, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress Legend, #5)

The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress Legend #5)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,767 ratings  ·  35 reviews
The devil is a dead-beat dad and his consort Lilith couldn't care less. A stolen embryo stirs in Lilith's womb and a plan pulses through her veins: To unleash her child from the gates of hell - as soon as she destroys the only two vampire hunters who can possibly stop her . . . Damali Richards is a woman-child in a world running with blood, depravity and demons. Turned by ...more
Published (first published July 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Forbidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forbidden

Tiffiane
The series continues with another fantastic book by L.A. Banks.

In this book, we learn much more about the history of the religions, what transpired BC/AD with Adam, Eve, among others, and what role each of the Guardians will play in the final battle.

This book was a really good "set up" for what should happen in the next 6 books and each one should be fantastic with the set up this book provided!

There was a lot about numbers, an unbelievable amount of mathematics, how important 3 & 7 are to
Adrienna
She surprises me with this version of the series. You see Carlos become human, seen the light, and some other biblical references with mythologies: Lilith (not sure if this is true or not, myth for me but heard of the story). Numerical references but one of them lost me with the nine for Carlos, 1980 born, add to get nine...I get 18. If you said a factor of 9, it would make more sense to me.

Some parts were rushed and like, how did this happen again...one word or sentence to clarify this scene w
Chris
I read The Forbidden and The Hunted in Banks series. The books are easy to get into. They both, however, have the same problem. They are too long in the sense the last 100 pages or so could be severely cut down or taken out entirely. This, I think, is more the editor's fault than Banks'. The characters are wonderful, but the plot feels like it is meandering or rushing, sometimes it feels like it is doing both.

In this book, I had a couple quibbles. I don't buy Cleopatra killing herself for love.
Liz
I couldn't finish this book... it was too horrible.
Dusky Literati
Jan 23, 2011 Dusky Literati rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of paranormal romance, vampire stories
Shelves: read-2010
The Forbidden is the fifth book in the Vampire Huntress Legend series by L.A. Banks. It picks up from the action-packed ending of the fourth book, The Bitten where all of the top-master vampires and all but one Council Level vampires have been destroyed. This book sees Damali Richards, a re-born Carlos Rivera, and the Guardian warriors of light fighting against the Lilith, the consort of the Un-Named One. Lilith has stolen Damali’s embryo that she thought she had miscarried, with the intention o ...more
Mocha Girl
t is somewhat difficult to write a review for The Forbidden without revealing the intricate plots of the previous four novels - all of which are formidable in their own right - detailing the trials and growth of Damali Richards, Vampire Huntress, Purveyor of Righteousness, and Millennium Neteru. In The Forbidden, the battle of good and evil continues, picking up where the last novel, The Bitten, left off. In this episode, the team is splintered, deeply wounded, and exhausted (mentally, spiritual ...more
Michelle
The Forbidden

L.A. Banks

Paranormal Romance

490 pages

COPYRIGHT: 2005

ISBN: 0-312-94002-5

After the destruction of all the topside master vampires and the death and resurrection of her council-level vampire lover, Damali is called before the Council of the Neterus to answer for her actions. It is there that she discovers there are consequences even she could not foresee. She also learns that the consort of the Un-Named One, Lilith, has come up from the seventh level to set the affairs of the Dar
M. Jackson-Friday
In the Forbidden, the 5th book in the Vampire Huntress series we pick up where the last book, The Bitten, left off, the team is battle-weary, hurt, exhausted ,broken and very confused a/b their "new" member. Their faith & confidence have been shaken with the church and during the last battle that literally took them to Hell and back.in this book Damali has to answer for her lustful walk on the dark side with then Vampire Councilman Carlos, this is where we are introduced to Council of Neteru ...more
Debbie Chittenden
I think this is my new favorite book. Where does she come up with this stuff?
Cen
Oh my God!

There must have been some sort of magic sprinkled into this book. The only way anyone could possibly endure this author till the last page is to be hopelessly optimistic.

Every player in this farce must suffer from multiple personality complex.

I've read some garbage in my day...heck I've even written some. But this book tops the list of terrible.

I've warned others about this author, and because of the marvelous promotional skills of this publisher I find myself saying "I told you so" fa
Lei
I really liked this book. It was about this ex-master vampire named Carlos trying to adjust to his new form. In the book he was killed by the darkness, then got brought back to life by the light. he had to pay a price for that. The price was his fangs. he had been neutered in vampire vocabulary. His fiancee Damali also found that her unborn baby didn't die. the devil's wife lilith, took the embryo out of Damali's stomach and into hers. I really hate Lilith.
Daphne Birchfield
I really hope Carlos stays on the right track. I'm saddened about father Lopez. it seems that hope is lost especially with the powers that are coming from dark forces, but i think they will prevail. what i want to know is what happened with Carlos at the end with black cloud. Damali needs to also focus on her true goal as the neteru and not let Carlos distract her. but now that they have to work together maybe it will be different.
Stephanie
This book was great up until the very end... Contained hurt, shock, surprise, disdain, sensuality and a slew of other emotions that I cannot even begin to name them all. I think I liked this one the best so far but I still have 7 books to go. L. A. Banks did her thing with this series!
Shadow Girl
Another vampire book. A good book while reading, but once finished - it got lumped into the 'another vampire book'. Not to say that it's forgettable! Just that it was read during a period where I was reading 5 paperbacks a week. One day, I'll re-read this and give it a proper review.
toki
The series started off with a bang. But now, on book 5, it has really slowed down. The story is still good, but I almost have been forcing myself to finish it for about a year now LOL.

** three years later, I'm afraid this book will never be read by me **
Kathleen
Library book. Returned after reading 3/4 of book. Ethnic lingo just wasn't appealing to me. Too distracting. I think the book would have been good otherwise. I was surprised to see this type of dialogue in this series. Her other series isn't this way.
Shavaugn
At times she forced it and it seemed that she was fishing for a plot that would explain why the previous book, which was originally the end of the series, was not the end of the series. I hear the story gets good again, though, so I will read on.
Heather
This is one of the best in the series, in my opinion. The tension during the first half of the book, and the action during the second held my attention well. Not my favorite series, but I'll still keep reading to find out how it ends.
Alexis
The story, her level of detail, the depth of her world and mythology - just amazing. I hope I still have this series somewhere because I am in the mood to reread it! It was that good.
Kathy
As I read the complete series for a 2nd time I realize how profound this author was. She made me look at the world today through her eyes. What a pair of eyes she had.
Michael Siersema
As all of the LA Banks books, they are one long continous story. If you start reading out of sequence, you will get lost.
Naomi
The entire series ROCKS!!! The last book of the series called THIRTEENTH will be available Feb 2009.
Marilyn
Was a little slow, not as good as the others ones. Still wanted to read on to find out.
Ceodawg
Another great chapter in the Damali Richards saga. You will enjoy this book!
Tiffany
I loved it. I've been going through the books rapidly ever since.
Angel
Great author, great books, great series...I will miss her writing!
Rachael Dyanne
I poried through this book. Looking forward to more
Jilynda Thompson-Hennington
Love how she take biblical info & put them in her books.
Felicia Marie Ciaudelli
I am reading this now and totally love it.
  • Creepin'
  • The Living Blood (African Immortals, #2)
  • Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon, #2)
  • The Taming of Jessi Rose
  • Dark Dreams: A Collection of Horror and Suspense by Black Writers
  • The Burning Bush (Santeria Habitat, #2)
  • Shadow Chase (Shadowchasers, #2)
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Touch of Madness (Thrall #2)
  • Blood Bargain (Blood Lines, #2)
  • When Twilight Burns (The Gardella Vampire Hunters: Victoria, #4)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Blood Ties, #3)
  • Dark Thirst
A pseudonym used by Leslie Esdaile Banks, she also wrote under the names:
Leslie E. Banks
Leslie Esdaile
Leslie Esdaile Banks
Leslie Banks
Alexis Grant

L.A. Banks, a native Philadelphian, was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Wharton undergraduate program. With many awards to her credit, Banks also held a masters of fine arts degree in film and media arts from Temple University. She lived in
More about L.A. Banks...
Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1) The Awakening (Vampire Huntress Legend, #2) The Hunted (Vampire Huntress Legend, #3) The Bitten (Vampire Huntress Legend, #4) Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, #1)

“ain't nobody up there still mad about anything. all is forgiven. They love you, came to help, know what mistakes they've made and what you did, too... but it's cool, now that they crossed over." He stood and walked over to the window to get some sunshine and to mentally breathe."I didn't understand it, never did until I saw it. They're in a better place; only want you to be safe and happy. That's it. that's all they want.” 10 likes